View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Engage the digital super banana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm... "a world-wide reduction of armaments to such a point and in such a thorough fashion that no nation will be in a position to commit an act of physical aggression". It would be nice, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. I'm the kind of person who argues that gun control is pointless because it takes defense away from law-abiding citizens, and leaves weapons with the criminals.

I wonder what would happen if we had to fight all our wars like knights with swords and plate armor? No guns or bombs? Each opposing nation would still be on a level playing field, but their weapons would be much less destructive. That sounds better.

I don't know many people with careers, or who are happy with their careers, so it's difficult for me to match a personality type to one. Your assignment is probably long since due as well, but I can vaguely imagine you doing something involving people and creativity.

I was trying to imagine what I would say if you asked me that question, and for some reason I envisioned you as an English or history professor. Am I way off target? :D

but I'm not sure how realistic it is.

It's a far-fetched proposition, but perhaps if #1-3 were attained, there would be fewer reasons to start wars.

TAC said:
I was trying to imagine what I would say if you asked me that question, and for some reason I envisioned you as an English or history professor. Am I way off target? :D

A professorship seems to be quite suited to my personality and passions, but I really can't see myself going through all that schooling (issues of loneliness and the shame of being kept as my parents' pet leave me thinking that a short-term option that would leave me feeling better about myself, or my life, is preferable. I'm just not sure what those options are.).

Last edited:
The problem with disarmament is that rearmament is too easy and there would be too much incentive to do it. Short of rolling back the last few hundred years of technological and material progress, it's hard to imagine a state with the resources to manage a large country but not to build a firearms factory. Maybe we could put a serious dent in the world's ICBM stockpiles, but conventional weapons? That ship has sailed. Plus, wars in the pre-gunpowder era still managed to be pretty fucking bloody. At least they would cause less collateral damage to the regions they were fought in, but... Again, we're back to how unrealistic this whole idea is. We can barely even contain the spread of NUCLEAR weapons, which are far harder to make and require specific, exotic resources like uranium that make it much easier to identify who is trying to make them. And how do you even stop another country from building weapons without any of your own? If the US et al had no standing armies, Iran would gladly tell the inspectors to go fuck themselves. It's only the threat of a "physical act of aggression" that forces them to the negotiating table.

I'm a fatalistic communist, though. I don't really expect humanity to get its shit together before driving itself extinct, but if it does, it will be the result of a global revolution, not a disarmament treaty between still-existing nationstates.

Anywaaaay... 2 more full days in A'dam. Checked into the private studio last night, 'tis quite nice. Have a bit of a sore throat and a constantly runny nose, which is kind of annoying. Beautiful view of a canal lined with 17th century architecture from in front of the building I'm staying in, and an amazing shawarma place right around the corner. I think I'm gonna om nom nom some psychedelic truffles in a couple hours, chill out with some good music and great weed/hash for the come up, then hit the town for a little Fear and Loathing in West Amsterdam ;)

Last edited:
edit: interesting chat above. I have nothing else to add...

Fucking enjoy this: <3

Last edited:
Actually. Have any of you guys watched Oliver Stones "The Untold History of the Usa"? I'm really enjoying it. Was meant to watch Lord of the Rings but decided to keep going with this. I am a total outsider of course, I've never been to the US but its/your history interests me greatly, seeing how much Australia has depended on America... Politcal talk above made me mention this. I'd be interested in american perspective...

3-MeO-PCP is interesting.. Much more clear than MXE or ketamine. I don't know how much I like this yet though. I expected to get wonky and 'fucked up' but instead I just got this dissociative clarity now.

It feels like.. emotionless. There's nothing, just serenity. I can see the appeal though. 3-MeO-PCP is euphoric for sure.

Last edited:
Didn't get any answer to this question in another thread, so I'm gonna ask it again here where I assume more PDers frequent and I might get an answer:

Any further clarification as to why aluminum foil shouldn't be contacting blotter? All my blotters are wrapped in foil at the moment... am I destroying my LSD stash and not realizing it??!

Why is that? Are you comfortable with other dissociatives?

MXE is pretty much my favorite guilty pleasure of all time, and I love DXM. Dunno, 3-MeO-PCP was just really sketchy for me. I felt really depressed and out of sorts for weeks after using 3-MeO for three or fours days straight. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

Didn't get any answer to this question in another thread, so I'm gonna ask it again here where I assume more PDers frequent and I might get an answer: Any further clarification as to why aluminum foil shouldn't be contacting blotter? All my blotters are wrapped in foil at the moment... am I destroying my LSD stash and not realizing it??!

I kept my LSD blotter stored in aluminum foil for, what, almost two years I reckon? It was fine. Never seemed to lose potency. I think you're okay. :)

^I hope that doesn't happen to me, did it 2 days in a row but only 20mg. It's the morning now and I drank over 12 beers with 3meo yesterday and I don't have a hangover but I feel little retarded.

Being sick sucks. It's my last day in A'dam and here I am watching Louie on Dutch TV. This sore throat is really interfering with my "smoke all the things" plan, and I guess these P. Hollandias are gonna go uneaten. So it goes.

Edit: yup, being sick really sucks. If I end up leaving the apartment at all today it'll be to pick up a couple space cakes for tomorrow morning before my long flight home. Spending more money on THC products when I have bags of weed and hash I'll have to give or throw away kinda sucks, though. I guess I could try to make cookies or brownies or something, but A) I'm terribly incompetent when it comes to baking, and B) if it's anything like the cough medicine I bought last night, I bet the cookie/brownie mix packaging will only be printed in Dutch. Maybe I'll be ultra lazy and just make cannabutter and pour it over some bread... Wouldn't taste too great but it's a way to avoid wasting weed or cash. Plus, I don't even have to leave the apartment to make it ;) I have half a baguette and plenty of butter. Hmm, this is starting to sound like a half decent plan.

edit2: Nah, fuck not wasting money. Bought 3 space muffins from the place across the street - one for tonight, two for tomorrow. They taste pretty strong, too.

Last edited:
^Make some firecrackers! You just need some crackers and peanut butter/Nutella(best!). Then make a crack sandwich with the goods(place the weed into the Nutella or butter spread on the cracker...)and bake at 350F for around twenty minutes. I've heard you can use the microwave as well. Pretty tasty if you like cooked weed. Sucks about the truffles, when I read some previous posts, for some reason I'd hoped you'd do it earlier like you thought you might.

Man destroying the world went really well. I think that's the farthest I've gone with 4-MeO-PCP and it was quite peculiar in the best way. Watched some Rick and Morty, trailer park boys, and some impractical jokers. Walked in the woods. Got stoned, drank some beers, and listened to some tunes. Watched the blue moon too. Good times!

I really think about posting more sometimes as I like how this thread can be a journal of sorts besides a good place to chat. Years ago you could sort of chronicle my misadventures, which liked in a way since I don't do that anywhere else. Ah well...!&#55357;&#56851;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56856;

Firecrackers would have been smart. On the bright side I didn't end up leaving behind as much as I thought I would have to. Left maybe an 8th behind in total, mostly of the cheapest stuff I had. Leaving behind the full 15g of truffles sucked, but I guess I have a reason to go back now ;) And based on past experience, psilocybin would probably just have made me feel even worse. Vomiting once from the shrooms could have started a chain reaction since I was already a bit queasy and phlegm/mucus-y.

Glad I didn't get any bright ideas about smuggling back hash or bud... Dutch airport security is no joke! Multiple patdowns, an almost strip search (got to keep my shirt, socks, and boxers on but the security guy had me take my pants down and got pretty handsy), multiple bag inspections (one of which involved taking everything out of the bag and closely inspecting each item, even unfolding and patting down each article of clothing, and opening every tiny pocket within a pocket), multiple passport checks, extensive questions about where I went and stayed while in Europe, what I do in the US... Easily the most extensive airport security process I've ever gone through. They even took all the cards out of my wallet, so good thing I didn't have blotter with me. I thought they were gonna make me toss my kratom, but after a lot of questions about what it's for and confirming that I brought it with me from the States and that it's legal in Illinois, they let me keep it. Thankfully, Dutch airport security staff are a lot friendlier than your average TSA agent. I actually may have lucked out getting pulled aside for extra screening - I would have missed the boarding period for my flight by a good 10 minutes if they hadn't called ahead from security to the gate and told them to wait for me. Then again, I may have otherwise cleared normal security more than 10 minutes faster and made my flight on time. Anyway, all's well that ends well, right?

On my way home to Chicago now, enjoying this lovely $17 slow as shit onboard wifi. Bout to eat the last of my space muffins (airport security wouldn't let me take a bottle of water with me, but they didn't say anything about the muffin, lulz)

I always wrapped my firecracker in foil to prevent any evap. Usually set
T at 32o for 20 mins. W ho knows the real temp always worked

I just had an incredible trip this weekend. Well, actually I basically tripped for 2 days but the end of the 2nd day it all came together into one of the best trips I've ever had, which was also really useful with so much to process. I tried my 4-HO-MiPT for the first time, and I absolutely love it, what a great psychedelic, so warm and euphoric and also quite mentally active. I actually took it both Friday and Saturday, a nd the second day it was much more powerful, even though I took only 5mg more to account for tolerance (I actually assumed it would be significantly weaker). I really want to write a trip report, but there will have to be some stuff in there I wouldn't currently want some of my friends to read, because it involves something that was revealed to me regarding the interpersonal dynamics of my band, something that could cause a rift, and I feel like I am the only one in a position to help resolve it in a good way.

Besides that though, I did band practice twice this weekend, and we really are improving by leaps and bounds. Once I get it I will definitely post a couple of the tracks we recorded. I also stayed up til it was light Friday and Saturday nights, went river hiking, and went to see Dark Star Orchestra and the next day a local Grateful Dead cover band. Today I'm really sore and drained though, but it was worth it.

Hey trozzle or any of you other fitness gurus. :)

Feeling well enough that I signed up for a gym membership today and going to start working out 5 days a week and start taking life seriously, well, as serious as I can for me. I'm looking for a well rounded workout for a scrawny, long-hair. I know I need to do legs for the testosterone. My upper body and back is notoriously weak, I think starting drugs at a young age stopped my upper body from fully developing lol. I'd also like to do some exercises on my back that might help improve my slacker posture. Trying to get rid of this little beer gut I have too but it's not a total disaster. Any suggestions?

Right on Xor. Glad you had fun man. I'd love to hear those tracks too when you post them. Hopefully no baby mama drama in the band. :)

I've always heard DSO is a great time, I love the dead now, but that wasn't always the case. My taste in music has evolved quite a bit from my early days. Btw what's up with dead and co or whatever with john mayer. I know the dude can shred and I like a few of his songs and covers, but that seems like such a poor choice. Always thought of him as kind of a poppy douche. I doubt anyone in the scene is stoked about that.

Good call on the working out jammin. :) I was always very weak, especially in my back/core and in general my upper body. I started working out last April (2014) and I specifically worked on my core, and it made such a big difference in my posture and the way I look, and also the way I feel. I'd recommend doing deadlifts, rows, maybe some farmer's walks, and situps on an inverted bench and when you're able, hold increasingly heavy weights to your chest while you do them. That's what I do anyway, in addition to chest presses and various bicep/tricep stuff. I don't really do leg workouts at the gym because I'm always doing stuff like climbing up boulders in rivers and hiking, and my legs have always been pretty strong because I'm a dude who is basically always moving and jumping around. But for legs, I think squats are probably best, or walking lunges holding a weight.

John Mayer is a bad ass man, I always just heard his pop stuff too and never liked it at all, but he is a seriously great blues/rock player, awesome musician. He said he did the poppy stuff because he knew it would help him be more successful, and now he's interested in playing the music he really loves. I'm guessing that a variety of people will react just the way you did, because of his poppy reputation, but I'd give him a chance. I remember one time my friend told me he was going to put on a newish John Mayer album, and I was like really?? But it was awesome.

Yeah, my legs are pretty strong too. Former futbol player and track dude. I just heard that legs have most of your body's testosterone. I am certainly not going for the hulk look, I don't think that's even possible for me, but just toned and fit. Thanks for the suggestions, just trying to get my schedule done. I am a total gym noob.

It's not just the pop, I always thought the dude could shred, but he's just kind of a dick towards women esp. He's a killer guitar player and I do like his style. Not sure about with the dead or improvising though. Just seems like a clash. I certainly hope he doesn't sing. I can't stand the half whispering lounge thing he does. So breathy. I'll give it a listen though and give him a fair chance. I just can't see any true dead head actually being happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.