• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Her is where I know him from. What an odd film. Well worth the watch, begs many questions about the world we're fast approaching.

Yeah, quite thought-provoking and well-done.

I first loved Joachin from Gladiator. What a great movie.

Not that great of a quote haha but a great movie indeed, loved that Ralph in The Sopranos was such a big Gladiator fan

Check out You Were Never Really Here if you haven't already
He's also quite good in The Master as well (opposite Philip Seymour Hoffman's L. Ron Hubbard-adjacent cult leader)

Oh, very nice ! Thanks again for you music contribution CG!
I've been feeling pretty anxious and exhausted with the current socio-political situation in my country. That music felt so soothing and refreshing. I'm in bliss. A much needed step away from reality.

^Yeah, sorry to hear about the protests and turmoil there. Supposed to be one of the most stable places down there but just like the US, the haves and the have-nots are becoming further and further apart.

I'm glad I could brighten your day <3

<3

I've been going through A LOT, and in such a short span of time. Yesterday my workplace re-opened after a week off. I feel so weird and distracted here.

Hope everyone else is having a nice week.

In the process of trying to quit smoking... 3 days... so far so good.
Gonna try microdosing 4-AcO-DMT to help with the cravings, because social situations after a couple of beers are gonna be hard.

My first time trying to quit, I wonder if I can do it, statistics are not on my side but I have the most powerful medicine (psychedelics) to help me.

Yeah I don't think I even ever really enjoyed it that much lol. Costs me so much money that I'd rather spend on other things, and makes me feel quite disgusting.

Quit smoking cigarettes 8 years ago and could never go back to it. Worst habit i ever had in my life, watched it kill my father. He used to cough constantly as he got older. The only thing i smoke now is Cannabis.

I've been using snus (the swedish kind) for years now. Never going back to smoking cigarettes.

I'm thinking of buying some tobacco companies stocks though... mainly Altria

Personally, I smoke organic small farm grown tobacco that I buy whole leaf and grind myself, and I really love it. I've never had a problem with it, and anytime I get to smoking too often I stop. I love nicotine.

And, I totally understand that others aren't so lucky :/

What is this IQOS-stuff? Is it different from e-cigs? How? It is not here yet I think.

Is Swedish snus available/legal in the US btw? It isn't legal to sell here, but it is really popular.

If you can get it easily, I recommend it. I love it.

Isn't that the device that basically works like an old school cannabis vape rig, like a Magic Flight but for tobacco?

<3

I've been going through A LOT, and in such a short span of time. Yesterday my workplace re-opened after a week off. I feel so weird and distracted here.

Hope everyone else is having a nice week.

Sorry you and your country are going through that, man. ❤ The world is going crazy all overthe place, it's scary.

In the process of trying to quit smoking... 3 days... so far so good.
Gonna try microdosing 4-AcO-DMT to help with the cravings, because social situations after a couple of beers are gonna be hard.

My first time trying to quit, I wonder if I can do it, statistics are not on my side but I have the most powerful medicine (psychedelics) to help me.

Cigarettes are the weirdest drug. I smoke them, I haven't always but for a few years it's been pretty regularly. I smoke whenever I'm playing music with people, especially shows, and also when I go out with friends. It's weird though because I don't actually like the nicotine buzz. I just really like the action/ritual of smoking. It makes me feel shitty though, less healthy and the nicotine buzz is gross. Thing is, I have never once gotten physically addicted to nicotine. Mentally is a whole other story. But I feel fine when I don't do it, better than when I do in fact. I don't know why but I seem to be immune to nicotine withdrawal (caffeine, too). And yet, I find myself still doing it. Every other drug I do, I know why, it's because it makes me feel good or provides some benefit. Nicotine doesn't but it still appeals to me. So strange.

Is Swedish snus available/legal in the US btw?
Yeah, I've had it. It made me throw up lol it was way too strong. People at the pub thought I was drunk but I was only one drink deep, nicotine just fucks me up. My friends (two at least) are real tobacco heads, self-rolling, dipping, using snus, introduced me to English snuff (my favorite way, snorting menthol is fun lol).

For you smokers, are you aware of the increased risk of Alzheimer's and cancer associated with the habit?

I like the occasional tobacco pipe bowl, but I smoke less and less the more I become aware of its correlations with major debilitating diseases later in life. If we have to work to the bone till we're 60-70 years old I wana live to 100 so I can still have a full retirement.

Do you remember which brand it was? There are many different brands containing 7mg to over 20mg per gram nicotine. My sweet spot is somewhere in 12-15mg but I sometimes use even stronger or milder snuses. Generally smokers find normal snus too underwhelming and they use those extra strong >20mg brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.