• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh man, TMI I know, but I just dropped like a 2 footer... I feel sooooo much better! :rolleyes:
Nothing like clearing out after constipation!

I feel substantially better today, yesterday was pretty rough for most of the day, so insanely tired and kinda anxious, I had to take some kava (which helped microscopically) and clonidine to feel decent. Today I feel better but still a little shaky, so I'm going to take some gabapentin. Hopefully tomorrow I can be past all this stuff. But hey, I haven't had any kratom in over 2 weeks, and though I did have 2mg of bupe on Saturday, that was the last opioid I had. I think there is a little residual stuff from that, but I also had to recover from how hard I went and how little I slept.
Pics or it didn't happen

Thanks for the reply (you too Buzz Lightbeer, but I doubt I’ll be plugging anything)

What’s your preferred dose of 2ce? Kinda surprised that you got much from 4-5 mg. Most people on here are usually taking and suggesting super high doses - nice to see a reasonable one this time but now I’m worried that’d be too low for a proper trip.

I’ll see if I ever actually try the 2cp...I’ve had a 25 mg sample for several years

4-5mg was mild, but it was just right for me at those settings and duration, and spending the day with sober family and friends. I have an appreciation for mild trips. If you're looking for a deep immersive or balls-to-the-wall trip, 4-5mg would be underwhelming. I say your proposed 6-8mg would be a really good starting point, but this will depend on your tastes and sensitivity of course.

Keep in mind that most scales that we tend to use are not accurate to within 1-2mg, and that can make a big difference at these potencies. So it could be a good idea to dose volumetrically using vodka or something.

I've also taken 2C-P mini/microdoses around 0.5mg and find it's perceptible there - just to give a sense of the range.

I really like 2C-E at the lower end of the dose spectrum as well. 8-12mg is great. 10mg at a rave is awesome. I've taken it up to 14-16 (I forget exactly) and felt like it was just a bit too much for me (at the time at least).

I'd compare 5mg of 2C-P to something like 8mg of 2C-E, but it's been so long my memory could be off.

If all you have is 25mg of 2C-P you might want to think about plugging it to conserve material! I totally get not really being up for plugging it, I've never plugged before either, but it could be a good way to make that 25mg last, you might not be able to get more. Plus it could be good to try bypassing the rest of your gut (since you mentioned GI issues).

I think people tend to dose the 2C-x drugs a bit too high, I think they're suited better for the softer end of the dosing curve. In my opinion the sharper tryptamines and lysergamides are more suited for the higher intensities. But this is strictly IMHO, I definitely could be biased by my own limited experiences in this regard.

edit: I just checked psychonautwiki's listings for 2C-P and 2C-E, and I would have to say that the dosing looks appropriately scaled to me, as in, you could look at the 2C-E dosing since you know that well, and scale that onto the comparable range of 2C-P and it would be a pretty accurate comparison. Know what I mean?

Also, to add a bit more detail on the character of 2C-P vs 2C-E: 2C-E is a bit sharper than 2C-P. 2C-P is a bit softer. If you mapped the characters of 2C-D and 2C-E on a line, 2C-P would fall in between them, but closer to the 2C-E end. But of course, much longer lasting and slower onset than either. I think 2C-E hits something close to a "local maxima" in it's configuration for some quality of receptor action that brings out that psychedelic sharpness. 2C-P has a bit less of this edge (which can be a good thing!), and much more potency and duration. So it's really perfect all-day festival material.

Last edited:
400-500 ug
This is why I worry for people who think they know what the micage on their doses is. With a lot of commercial doses, at least when I was in the game, it might not really be a big thing to take four or five (inasmuch as taking serious drugs can be "not really a big thing.") This cannot really be said for a 400-500mcg dose.

Quite a few women went totally batshit insane travelling with ken kesely on further after to much acid.
Too much acid was probably the least of their problems. The fate of too many women in general in our little subculture is a shame to the "movement." Not only are they too often viewed as merely ornamental (not that some of them don't try to live up to this) but outright sexual abuse happen way too often to be dismissed as part of the background noise of the less savory parts of human nature. We have a serious problem with this.

There comes a point where we must eventually end our psychedelic journeys when the negative effects of the drug outweigh the positives. Owesly always wondered how far can you push these things. While nick sands could probably handle 1000 + dmt trips and how many acid trips he had most people burn out within 60-100 trips or even less.
Unfortunately I can't find it due to xenForo destroying the continuity of search results, but I made a bit of a thread, it would have to have been ca. 2007-2008, on a related question: why does the LSD experience, as you become more experienced with, and especially if you are doing it more frequently, become less "classically" defined. Clearly because of receptor abuse, and the more vigorous advocates of psychedelics will say that they don't really abuse receptors in the same breath that they talk about neuroplasticity, more of which is not always a good thing. But this is only the physiological side of things. Whether we as consciousnesses inhabiting brains are built for taking a drug like LSD is debatable, but whether we are built to do it regularly is almost certainly to be answered in the negative.

As for plain DMT, you could probably take it on a very regular basis and come out relatively unscathed. Pharmacologically this makes sense as it is far less promiscuous, not to mention short-lived, in it's effects, and psychologically too: DMT, at least for me, very rarely strays into either the disturbingly introspective or the manically grandiose, both directions in which LSD often does.

Sand was an absolute madman, though. He got busted rather too many times for my tastes, though, and I have a sneaking suspicion he was a cooperator, if not with the straight-up drug enforcement arm of the government, with the more esoteric parts. The CIA, after all, were big fans of acid and of strange countercultural fuckery (the Grateful Dead not excepted) in general.

The thing about 5meo dmt its a normal reaction for your body to go insane and scream or do whatever everybody reacts differently some people with no previous psychedelics handle it well while heavy psychonauts have very wild reactions. Some people just lie their quietly some people throw up which is why a sitter is good idea so you dont choke on your own vomit incase it happens.
I have never seen one of these 5-MeO-DMT horror trips, nor "body load" from it, although I'm given to understand that it happens and it's not entirely shocking due to what happens with other things done with that particular substitution. It would certainly suck to have any body load at all when that far out. I would say that body load, an entirely physiological and substance-dependent variable, even more than "set and setting," has been a factor in most of my negative psychedelic experiences.

5 meo DMT is the most powerful of all the psychedelics and i stress its not for everyone the czech therapists have come with good criteria to assess people to take it or not.
But there are certainly "two kinds of people" as far as 5-MeO-DMT goes. And you are right that we have not come up with a good set of harm-reducing practices. I am not sure that it would be a particularly useful therapeutic substance (and I think DMT would be useful not at all, very limited research about schizophrenia notwithstanding.)

Obiter dictum: Lest we forget, not everyone excretes DMT in their urine, but schizophrenics do so eight times more often than normal people. Even though there was some fringey research a while ago about DMT helping them.

And even then i know schizophrenic's who take LSD And it makes them fucking normal
I have heard this from enough people to suggest that, in sufficiently rare cases, there is something to it. It would have to do with the aforementioned promiscuity of LSD at pretty much every receptor, i.e. be like "hitting a reset button" (which is something like what ECT is thought to do and is actually the language we used to use describing it to patients.) The only thing is that in the other schizophrenics, the majority of schizophrenics, LSD is up there among the worst things they can do, so there's essentially no way that anyone can responsibly suggest they take LSD, or any psychedelic. Marijuana, too, is right out if you are going by statistics on what tends to help or hurt, although it is more of a tradeoff: it can be helpful with "negative symptoms" (e.g. apathy) at the expense of exacerbating "positive" ones (e.g. delusions) and I haven't seen any research on this but I suspect, and have been told by patients, that it is helpful with medication side effects, too (parenthetically, so is cocaine, which shares the tropane backbone with the non-psychoactive Cogentin, one of the most common drugs to treat them.)

and then "normal people" who became fucking insane after one psychedelic bender over a month.
To me the more interesting question might be why some "normal people" don't become fucking insane after one psychedelic bender. I'm strictly spitballing here, but I feel like people who are absolute normies are going to have a bad time while people with big time mental health issues are as well but only people are somewhere in the middle are going to tolerate it.

i known at least 3 girls i went to school with who i heard ended up going crazy after doing shrooms and to the ER room. All with no background but one common thing i belive they were experienced childhood sexual abuse. Traumatic things like as a child rise the risk imo of psychosis on psychedelics due to the brains psychological defense mechanisms to try run away and not process that trauma leading to a break from the sane mind escaping into a psychotic delusion. But thats my own hypothesis.
Trauma is an extremely interesting angle on this subject. I mentioned above that the relatively non-introspective and short-acting nature of DMT makes it less susceptible to introspective freakouts, and LSD the opposite. This is the kind of thing that might exacerbate trauma. Then again, people sometimes feel that psychedelics have been helpful with trauma issues (empathogens are another subject, and the only subject about which good research has been done on the subject of trauma, what I'm referring to here is anecdote.) Trauma is certainly something that should give one pause before taking psychedelics or turning someone on to psychedelics. However, and again I have no evidence for this beyond anecdote, I think if you did a good survey of the psychedelic community, I think you'd find a vastly increased rate of trauma among the females and probably to a lesser extent among the males too.

Once more we're at the subject of why some people and why not others. Whether it has to do with psychiatric constitution or what, not to mention how to measure something like that, I don't know.

This a cool report about 5 meo dmt
18 minute video lolno

For myself i might only take one more big acid trip then stay microdosing. Nothing beats the joy of guiding somebody new to tripping to have a memorable life experience.
good luck with that

I regret it for the sole purpose that I ruined it and I can never enjoy another romantic or therapeutic roll -
Yeah, "losing the magic" with any drug is a shame, but I'm not even sure MDMA is as unique as people make it out to be in that regard, only that it's effects are so particular that missing out on them is more striking. I think a significant amount of "lost magic" is up to the quality of the drugs, though. Perhaps only the small amount of adulerated MDMA that is in most commercial rolls, for instance, is enough to give the average less- or unexperienced person a solid experience but later on they'll need the proper stuff. Who knows. There is a huge thread about this elsewhere, and then elsewhere from that people are having essentially the same discussion, albeit a less-refined one, on the subject of MA.

especially now with ptsd, when im now immune to the only cure.
I don't know that you can say that with any certainty. We don't know enough about how MDMA-facilitated psychotherapy works in pharmacological terms (rather than in relational and experiential ones.) On that subject generally, we need more studies relating to drug-facilitated therapy with control groups of people who take the drug but don't get therapy or get "sham therapy" of merely a supportive discussion rather than a therapeutic process. But who knows? MDMA might work for you. But it also might not. Especially because calling it a "cure", let alone "the only cure" is crossing the boundary of mere optimism into delusion. That serves no one.

Generally I do appreciate certain psychedelics more the more I do 'em, so it doesn't really resonate with me.
Rather a different phenomenon than I discussed at the outset of this post! But also something that I found to be true to a degree, in the sense that one becomes a little more experienced in "navigating" (or even "using") the psychedelic mindset. This is a double-edged sword, though: the artless naïveté with which one approaches the first psychedelic experience (or even the first one with a given drug) lends itself to a particular sot of (perceived) profundity,

I learned the difference between 500 ug LSD mediated by anti-psychotics and 500 ug totally unmediated the hard way 48 hours ago.
🤣

I was previously tripping through my Abilify dose with quite a lot of fun at 500 ug but i let it run out and stopped taking seroquel for sleep
Those are some pretty antiserotoninergic neuroleptics, too. They would dampen LSD to a significant degree. If you stopped them recently you might even have the added benefit of a bit of rebound. 500mcg. Fuck.

Oh yeah I was going to ponder this phenomenon of impairment, functionality, mobility, reasoning, speech, acting and behaving etc, on super high dose trips.

This is is the exact area where I have always been unordinary. Like, 1000 ug doesn’t impair me at all really. After an initial 3/4 unconscious short interstellar comeup, or a couple hours sometimes, I’m as right as reign and capable.
This is certainly interesting. I have experienced this clarity and transparency on higher doses of LSD, too, but it has not always been my experience. I have been near-catatonic on some occasions too, and in fact that's probably the much more common reaction both in myself and people that I've observed. All of these dynamics regarding LSD dosing are very interesting but it is definitely a drug with distinct pharmacological "plateaus," occurring at something like 100, 250, 500, and then particularly at 1.4mg. There is no reason to take more than 1.4mg, nothing good happens, and I mean that in a specifically-defined pharmacological sense.

It's just slang for MDA, almost nobody calls it MDA or even necessarily knows that's what it is, it's just "sass". It's pretty common in the festival scene, at least on the east coast. Outside of that, I have never seen it.
It's fucking retarded. "Sass" is often used generally to refer to MDA or MDMA with that specific appearance. And then there are the stupid fucking hippies who think it's made of sassafras and therefore organic and vegan or whatever.

(you too Buzz Lightbeer, but I doubt I’ll be plugging anything)
Yeah, plugging is fucking disgusting. I'm pretty sure it began as a sexual practice in "chemsex" circles and then for pretty dubious reasons became popular on Bluelight. There's particularly no need to do it in the situation you describe, if you insist on not dosing orally, with something like 2C-P you could achieve roughly the same results than rectal administration with a very slightly lower dose given intramuscularly. Injecting whatever contaminants the Chinaman left in there is not ideal but with a wheel filter you're probably right as rain if you don't do it too often. And it avoids the ass play. I don't really understand why people would put themselves through the process of plugging in any case, though. I'm unconvinced that it reduces GI load for most substances, too.

2C-P ... 2C-E
I'm not sure if I'd have liked 2C-P, 2C-E was markedly uncomfortable for me. But I loved 2C-M (2C-D). I wonder if the longer the chain the more unpleasant the effects I experienced or if it's not that simple.

I think people tend to dose the 2C-x drugs a bit too high, I think they're suited better for the softer end of the dosing curve. In my opinion the sharper tryptamines and lysergamides are more suited for the higher intensities. But this is strictly IMHO, I definitely could be biased by my own limited experiences in this regard.
The problem is that they have really unpredictable dosing ranges across different people, not to mention different times of onset and stuff like that (I've seen people not even start tripping until their friends are coming down while on 2CB, and people having to take like 5x the dose of their friends.)

I'm not sure if I'd have liked 2C-P, 2C-E was markedly uncomfortable for me. But I loved 2C-M (2C-D). I wonder if the longer the chain the more unpleasant the effects I experienced or if it's not that simple.
I love 2C-M (I really like that nomenclature for it btw). You might have liked 2C-P, it comes down off the mountain a bit compared to 2C-E, it's definitely got a bit of the 2C-D/M thing going on.

To me the more interesting question might be why some "normal people" don't become fucking insane after one psychedelic bender. I'm strictly spitballing here, but I feel like people who are absolute normies are going to have a bad time while people with big time mental health issues are as well but only people are somewhere in the middle are going to tolerate it.

I think it has to do with nurture rather than nature. "Normies" are more likely to feel threatened by being confronted with themselves so forcefully, in many cases, than people who have already spent their lives confronting their aspects that do not align with what society has told them. I doubt it has much, if anything, to do with brain or body chemistry.

Yeah, plugging is fucking disgusting. I'm pretty sure it began as a sexual practice in "chemsex" circles and then for pretty dubious reasons became popular on Bluelight. There's particularly no need to do it in the situation you describe, if you insist on not dosing orally, with something like 2C-P you could achieve roughly the same results than rectal administration with a very slightly lower dose given intramuscularly. Injecting whatever contaminants the Chinaman left in there is not ideal but with a wheel filter you're probably right as rain if you don't do it too often. And it avoids the ass play. I don't really understand why people would put themselves through the process of plugging in any case, though. I'm unconvinced that it reduces GI load for most substances, too.

It's just your butt, I don't find it disgusting. The "dubious reasons" were for safety for people who want to have a similar sort of onset/trip and dosage as IM, but far less potentially negative consequences (IM is the most likely to result in abscess for example). Also it's consistently been my experience that the bodyload is reduced substantially, and certainly the nausea and GI load. I'd take plugging any 2C-X over snorting any day of the week. usually I just eat psychedelics though. But "disgusting" it a matter of opinion. Just because you're sticking something up your butt doesn't mean it has anything to do with sex whatsoever. It's just an ROA.

I love 2C-M (I really like that nomenclature for it btw). You might have liked 2C-P, it comes down off the mountain a bit compared to 2C-E, it's definitely got a bit of the 2C-D/M thing going on.

yeah 2C-P is more comfortable than 2C-E, and DOPr is more comfortable than DOET (DOET is weird as it is not very obviously psychedelic even though it is somehow, but the bodyload is very present).

Ime 2C-P effects are dreamy first and foremost, very full, not many distractions and you keep thinking in that haze. Compared to 2C-E it's warmer and more emotionally full, not the extreme barrage of effects that you are undergoing with a straight face on 2C-E. PIHKAL said that 16mg was a physical disaster for someone, but my ~10mg oral experience was far from that, one of the most comfortable phens I have tried and way less stimulating than I thought originally. I sat down for hours and hours, which I never do.

2C-E affects people strangely, some people will just keep on puking on that stuff. I experienced quite a bit of bodyload in the beginning but on my last trip there was nothing, it takes some experience to manage it, sitting down for a whole trip is not an option in any case.

Fwiw cro0k or something said sometime ago that he really enjoys 2C-E & 2C-P IV, I don't think he follows your thinking of lowish dosing of 2C-X @perpetualdawn =D
For some 2C-x it's probably pointless, but I've heard multiple people say that like 2C-D is fantastic in 100mg+ with a definite change in character, some said that about 2C-B as well but I have a tougher time seeing that. 2C-E as well but you need to be a little crazy to attempt like 30-40mg+

said:
suppositories have been a thing much longer than BL or even chemsex circles

It's just your butt, I don't find it disgusting. The "dubious reasons" were for safety for people who want to have a similar sort of onset/trip and dosage as IM,
IM just seems far less unpleasant. The last thing I want to do before tripping is anything to do with my ass. And I don't mean that just due to homophobia or whatever, it's to do with feces and uncleanness as well. Not a great thing to be thinking about on psychedelics. Taking a shit* and wiping your ass when tripping is profoundly unpleasant for the same reason, only the case of plugging seems much, much worse. Nausea sucks too of course so if you really are in a lesser of two evils situation...but I'll get to more on that in a minute.

(*It is perhaps of Freudian interest that "shit" became a more or less universal designator for drugs...I've got the money, have you got the shit?)

but far less potentially negative consequences (IM is the most likely to result in abscess for example).
If you do it properly, you'll be fine. (If you don't, you'll probably be fine too, but it's Russian roulette.)
Also it's consistently been my experience that the bodyload is reduced substantially, and certainly the nausea and GI load.
While rectal administration is used sometimes in a medical setting to reduce nausea it's more a case of the drugs being given that way in a nauseous patient so the dose is not lost. It is conceivable that it would reduce nausea inasmuch as the drug irritates GI tract but I doubt that is a major factor as far as most of the drugs we're talking about though. Nausea due to 2C-drugs is probably due to their serotonergic effects particularly at 5-HT3. It would be interesting to see if the psychedelics known for causing nausea had a lower Ki at 5-HT3 than one's that don't.) Zofran which is a highly specific serotonin antagonist would probably help and it probably would block very little of the desirable serotonergic effects of the trip although it does sedate you a bit. There is no reason why plugging should effect this kind of nausea nor other elements of "body load."

As I mentioned above, the oral absorption of 2C-drugs is not the best. This is probably why you prefer plugging them and people prefer IMing them. Not because of some nausea-reducing property of rectal administration but because the phase of the experience in which you experience the worst nausea is shortened due to faster onset. So plugging is not going to have a particular advantage over other parenteral routes and it is going to be a matter of "taste" (so to speak) and of harm reduction (if you are into that sort of thing.)
I'd take plugging any 2C-X over snorting any day of the week. usually I just eat psychedelics though.
Always easier and for psychedelics other than very short-acting ones there is typically no reason to go to a parenteral route, although as far as short acting ones go, IM DMT is very nice though and IV is in some ways preferable to smoking although it's better to have someone else hit you off. (Something like 4-HO-MiPT and many of the other tryptamines are also quite nice IV and snorted, but be prepared to go through it like a crackhead. Also, IM DMT has some warnings that must be attached to it that don't attach to 2C-drugs, in that injecting, IM or IV, any plant material is potentially problematic, a problem that doesn't occur with synthetic drugs. I have IM'd raw yellow M. hostilis extract with only a cotton filter and been fine because I was young and dumb with the constitution of an ox and preternatural luck when it came to drugs. This is not necessarily the rule. You can really fuck yourself up doing this. A wheel filter is the minimum precaution here.)

2C-P I would definitely say just eat, but the question I guess was about using a limited number of molecules in the most efficient way possible. I don't really think in this case this outweighs the possible risks of injection, although now that I think about it I know more than one person who swore by intramuscular 2C-B as being better than oral. I didn't find it that much better than oral though.

If I wanted my 2C-x experience to have a quick and even onset and be efficient dose-wise, though, I would certainly IM it. Given the small doses involved, the fact that unreacted precursors aren't horrible, and the fact that it's not a "street drug" that's going to get cut with horrible crap, I wouldn't worry that much about it, especially with a wheel filter.

I never snorted a 2C-drug, just wasn't interested in experiencing the pain that people say they feel. (I've seen a dude cut lines of 2C-B that would almost pass as small coke lines, and snort them repeatedly though. Not recommended, I've fucked with some hardcore cats, though.)

But "disgusting" it a matter of opinion. Just because you're sticking something up your butt doesn't mean it has anything to do with sex whatsoever. It's just an ROA.
"Disgust" is an evolutionarily-developed phenomenon to protect us from harm, hence our reaction to rotten food, and, in this cases, the feces. Some people of course feel differently but not wanting to insert something into this particular part of the anatomy is extremely natural. Not only are there a lot of germs but it is fairly easily perforated (to speak of harm reduction. The relative risks of an abscess from IMing wheel filtered drugs and of perforation when plugging are probably similar.)

No it's not necessarily about sex (and I've mentioned already that that is not my only hangup about it) but it initially became popular as a ROA for recreational drugs among homosexual "chemsex" MDMA users, who used to call it "booty bumping." (I'm not judging here, just stating the history.)

suppositories have been a thing much longer than BL or even chemsex circles
Of non-pharmaceutical recreational drugs? I mean, it probably happened, but it certainly wasn't the cultural phenomenon it became in drug-nerd circles and especially on Bluelight, which phenomenon originated, I'm pretty sure, in chemsex circles, in which it was not done only or perhaps even primarily due to pharmacokinetic advantages...

Last edited:

Just done. I’ve itched to trip but grappled all day, not having slept and energy so low.

Finally, at 7.40 pm, I bit the bullet.

I usually always have a purely magical time on 500 ug above but today will be far less certain as I’m only tripping because I hate sleeping lately, I’m actually in a good mood.

Just supremely tired and exhausted, so a little nervous.

@SKL i get your point about the dosages stated.

I have trust in my dose above being a legit 500 ug, as the clearnet Dutch Lysergamides have been the only time in my life I’ve had such full confidence in the precision and consistency of the doses on the tabs.

Even a 1/4 of those tabs, 25 ug, feels like a lot of underdosed trips I had in past.

Mid to late 90’s analysis shows 30 to 55 ug pretty standard too.

But regardless as @TripSitterNZ and I agreed, over time we have come to discern and guage the dosage with relative reliability.

I analogised it to the temp of the shower.

Shit, 20 minutes already. Have got mega stoned since last night, drank so much kava.

No idea how easy and comfortable this 500 ug will be.

I was more anxious than usual before I dropped, energy is so waned.

I have fresh jar heavy, nerve calming Fijian Kava, but I feel compelled to do some heavy cannabis vaporizing just to snap away my physical woes, lift the mind and add sparkle on the comeup, using the kava to stabilise my mood, calm weed fuelled anxiety.

Breathing is good, tummy not too bad just so so tired.

Wish us luck, may or may not need it.

Heavy rain due tonight. I love tripping with heavy summer nighttime rainfall.

Edit- I suddenly can’t sit still. Right. Gonna vape nice Sativa weed get well high see how that goes down.

I love 2C-M (I really like that nomenclature for it btw).
Yeah I don't get why Shulgin was inconsistent here. The idea is desoxy-mescaline, of course, but then why even get into the 2C-nomenclature, you could call it desoxy-M and then 2CB in this case "BDM" (and DOB "AMBDM?"). But if you're using the 2C series of names then 2C-M makes the most sense. But a lot of Shulgin's nomenclature is weird and it is certainly well past the gate now to try and call anything anything else. And as we saw with the 2CBFLY debacle (and other places) nomenclature matters and bad nomenclature can kill.

Yeah I don't get why Shulgin was inconsistent here. The idea is desoxy-mescaline, of course, but then why even get into the 2C-nomenclature, you could call it desoxy-M and then 2CB in this case "BDM" (and DOB "AMBDM?"). But if you're using the 2C series of names then 2C-M makes the most sense. But a lot of Shulgin's nomenclature is weird and it is certainly well past the gate now to try and call anything anything else. And as we saw with the 2CBFLY debacle (and other places) nomenclature matters and bad nomenclature can kill.
Oh yes, the other point. So you say, definitively, 1.4 mg’s is ceiling!

I take on board. I love legit 1000 ug. I contemplated 2 mg but you suggest it would be worthless.

However, that story came back to me, as funny as tragic IMO- some guy accidentally ingested 40 mg’s.

Longterm was okay I think, but he went missing for a bit, was found two months later hiding out in an abandoned warehouse.

Lol! I specifically remember rats being part of the tale. Possibly visible nawings (knawings??).

Because I just struggle to swallow, being a fast travelled psychonaut, that 2 mg’s above would not be a deeper crazier dive than 1400.

Otherwise for one consideration that AWOL dude on 40 mg’s. That’s pretty extreme, not what I would expect from a ceiling 1400 at all?

Okay. I’m just seeing if I can hang with the scheme for a minute. Just vaped a bowl of weed. Functionality, sense, I can feel evading…T + 54 minutes.

I may be off to an Abyss of sorts imminently, hence a few breadcrumbs here lol.

Wanna vape not her bowl of weed though still, .I mean I’m fucked no matter what right now May as well Get High right?

Because I just struggle to swallow, being a fast travelled psychonaut, that 2 mg’s above would not be a deeper crazier dive than 1400.

Otherwise for one consideration that AWOL dude on 40 mg’s. That’s pretty extreme, not what I would expect from a ceiling 1400 at all?
It will be a wilder ride but 5HT2a activity more or less tops out at 1400. The other effects you will be getting beyond that dose are from the other neurotransmitters involved (i.e. all of them) and many of them are less desirable.

To each his own. Plugging doesn't bother me when it's called for. I vastly prefer plugged AMT to oral, for example, the benefits far outweigh the inconvenience and slight discomfort. I think the greatly reduced come-up time is probably the main reason, but it also is easier on my stomach, in a replicable way I can't deny. I can understand why people wouldn't want to do it, and that's fine, but there's not any sort of agenda going on to get people to do sex stuff with their butts (which you may or may not be suggesting, but which I have been accused of regardless, and so has Bluelight in general for even hosting discussions about it, which just screams homophobia to me. Choosing to ingest a drug through the rectal ROA has nothing to do with sex, unless it does for some people which is fine, too. Almost any time people talk about it on here, it's about the fact that it's a good ROA and is preferred by some, for some drugs).

I vastly prefer plugged AMT to oral, for example, the benefits far outweigh the inconvenience and slight discomfort. I think the greatly reduced come-up time is probably the main reason, but it also is easier on my stomach, in a replicable way I can't deny.
As I was saying with regards to PEAs above, and I think this holds true here too, these two advantages to rectal administration are probably just one difference: faster onset. With regards to achieving this I know people have injected aMT (prepping with citrate would be the best way) which is probably a viable alternative. This caused considerable controversy on here almost 20 years ago lol. This just seems like a great deal less discomfort than plugging. But as Nancy Pelosi said, "people are going to do what they do." To each their own really as you say.
I can understand why people wouldn't want to do it, and that's fine, but there's not any sort of agenda going on to get people to do sex stuff with their butts (which you may or may not be suggesting, but which I have been accused of regardless, and so has Bluelight in general for even hosting discussions about it,
Bluelight does promote plugging to an extreme degree though. Or does, I haven't been on enough in recent years. At one point though there was what I'd call an undue preoccupation with this RoA. For some it was suggested as a matter of harm reduction, i.e. avoiding needles, but some were just downright evangelistic about promoting it in general. It became something of a meme around here though, some people were joking about it but some people took it very seriously.

As far as HR goes, I've had to have something stuck up my ass in a medical setting (hemorrhoid banding) and I'd honestly prefer getting an injection abscess (which I've also experienced) to feeling that again.
which just screams homophobia to me. Choosing to ingest a drug through the rectal ROA has nothing to do with sex, unless it does for some people which is fine, too. Almost any time people talk about it on here, it's about the fact that it's a good ROA and is preferred by some, for some drugs).
I'm not saying that people who plug drugs are perverts, but I am saying the first people who got into plugging recreational drugs were, way beyond just plugging, perverts (in this case the drug MDMA, by which route it reached very old-school Bluelight). Just as an interesting (if rather unsurprising and rather vulgar) element of drug culture history, a subject I'm always interested in.

You guys are funny. I have never done rectal administration but the notion in medicine of a suppository is well documented. Some meds absorb better that way. I do want to try it as with 2C-E I have 19 mgs. I may want to do 12mgs orally and the other 7 mgs in a way I can use. I admit orally is always my prefered method but the 2C-E, whew, not sure I want to do a whole 19 mgs. The person that gave it to me said be ready it is potent. This was back in 2005 and still have it.

I hate snorting anything. I will break for DPT though. Orally is my way on 99% of things unless I can't.

the notion in medicine of a suppository is well documented
Of course it is but there is a reason very few drugs are formulated as suppositories. Several reasons actually. One is that absorption, although usually good, is somewhat unreliable. Another of course is patient comfort, perhaps the biggest reason that they don't make more of them. Aside from laxatives and hemorrhoids and such, probably the most common use case is nausea meds which for obvious reasons aren't ideal to give orally. Various others do exist including Tylenol and morphine both of which you can easily imagine use cases for in which oral admin would be less than ideal and you might not want to run a line (which you can't put APAP through anyway). But medically suppositories other than treatments for conditions specifically "down there" are an extremely niche product. They just don't appeal to most people and doctors don't like the uncertain absorption.

I hate snorting anything. I will break for DPT though. Orally is my way on 99% of things unless I can't.
Yeah, I've never understood the preoccupation with snorting, especially when it comes to psychedelics, starting a trip with my nose burning and drip just isn't worth it, plus I've always found more side-effects with that ROA. My friend tried snorting like 40mg of DPT last year and was trying to blow it out of his nose it burned so bad. Fuck that.

I was always turned off by the idea of plugging, but once I tried it with MXE I realized it not a big deal. Definitely has been my preferred route for any 2C-X and many of the faster onset dissociatives. I don't really think twice now when I do it, or associate it with anything negative. IM would probably bring up a lot more psychological conflict for me.

Yeah, I've never understood the preoccupation with snorting, especially when it comes to psychedelics
Snorting 4-HO-MiPT and other tryptamines in that genre was a lot of fun though, especially with a line of ketamine next to it. Most psychedelics, though, I'd agree with you, especially phenethylamines. Other than MDMA (and of course MA and AMP) I don't think I've snorted a PEA nor do I see reason to, and I don't really think there's much reason to short MDMA, either. And orally MA and AMP are pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.