• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he's in pain right now but imagine the runner's high from a marathon!

Took 160mgs Methadone, 800mgs Cimetidine, One Shot of Fireball Whiskey and im sipping my first Red Stripe Beer from the six pack I grabbed on the way home. Combo should make me feel nice and toasty about to heat up a bubble bath I got soaked today on my ride home from work but I couldn't afford ubers both way cuz I bought new Television yesterday. Things are going much better for me guys since I quite the hard drugs, needless to say having my girlfriend back is the best thing that could have happened to me. I love that woman so much and strive to make her proud of me, im gonna be moving into a bigger place soon a One Bedroom with Living Room, Kitchen of my own and im pretty stoked about that, getting outta the studio and no roomates a place of my own. Hopefully my girl will stay a few nights a week to keep me company but she wants to hold off on moving in completely, and it's okay if we take things slow I just want her to be happy. She is a really special person and means the world to me.

That's awesome man, I'm so glad things are moving upward for you. ♥️ Just remember how you feel right now any time you want to return to hard drugs.

Friend of mine ran a marathon today. I'm jealous of the sleep he's getting right now, can't imagine many better nights of sleep.
I'd like to know for sure, but it sure is a lot of effort :S

Being able to run a marathon takes some serious training and dedication. There was a time in my life I could have done so with a little more training, when I was in cross country, I got to where I could run 10 miles without too much trouble, of course races were 3 miles on average and you push yourself to the limit for those, but for practice, we'd do 10 mile runs at less than maximum speed and it wasn't too hard, I probably could have done 12-15 at the time. I could still run well for many years after that, but I'm too old now and my knees aren't good enough for it, running fucking hurts. Hell, walking uphill hurts. It sucks. It hurts to stand up from sitting down, not really bad, but it pinches something in my knees every time, especially my left knee.

running is really bad for human health tbh. It destorys your body long distance running and the free radical damage from the oxidative stress on the body aswell increases the rate of aging cancer etc. Exercise is good in moderate amounts but everytime somebody runs a marathon they are fucking themselves over.

Are you a good swimmer Xork?
Excellent for your knees, or so I hear.

Yeah I'm a fish, I can swim as easily as I walk. Over the summer for my cabin detox with my friend, we spent many days at a lake and I swam without ever going to shore for 4+ hours sometimes. I love swimming so much. The only real option around here is to go to the downtown YMCA, I used to have a membership but the downtown Y is super crowded and I don't like it, and the one I went to didn't have a pool. And now I canceled my membership anyway. I like walking for exercise, it's very hilly here and my girlfriend and I go on 4-5 mile hikes pretty often, or even just walking around my house is good exercise. When I get my garage cleaned and dried out I want to get an elliptical machine, no impact on the knees and good cardio. I wish I lived right by a lake, though.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a fish, I can swim as easily as I walk. Over the summer for my cabin detox with my friend, we spent many days at a lake and I swam without ever going to shore for 4+ hours sometimes. I love swimming so much. The only real option around here is to go to the downtown YMCA, I used to have a membership but the downtown Y is super crowded and I don't like it, and the one I went to didn't have a pool. And now I canceled my membership anyway. I like walking for exercise, it's very hilly here and my girlfriend and I go on 4-5 mile hikes pretty often, or even just walking around my house is good exercise. When I get my garage cleaned and dried out I want to get an elliptical machine, no impact on the knees and good cardio. I wish I lived right by a lake, though.
4+ hours is honestly crazy man, very impressive. I get the sentiment against public swimming pools.

4+ hours is honestly crazy man, very impressive. I get the sentiment against public swimming pools.

It's seriously like walking. Get tired, gently tread water, or float. I couldn't, like, do freestyle for 4 hours in a row, lol. But casual swimming takes little energy for me.

been having trouble breathing like shortness of breathe and my lungs feel bit fucked. I think it might be from vaping alot each day or smoking weed

So worked out what ima do next week. Probably 50 ug bicycle day show her acid. Then with my brothers from the hood we are going to a beach next weekend and will take probably 100 ug and do NOS. im going to skip my plans on taking 3 tabs

Just bought about $870 worth of XRP (Ripple), with some BTC I had laying around in a wallet, plus an additional $400 purchase. Wish I had done so a month ago as it went 4x in the past month. But it is still steadily climbing in value relative to BTC, and BTC is climbing, meaning XRP is well outforming BTC. It also has real-world adoption and usage. XRP was rank #3 for a long time, and looks about to overtake Binance Coin as #3 again. Planning to hang onto it for a while as it has tons of institutional support and I believe it will probably continue to climb for a little while at least. At some point I will sell it for BTC to hang onto long term. I also have over $2k worth of BAT, an up and coming altcoin that is performing quite well. Trying to ride both up as outperformers of BTC, catch some extra gains.

BTC and ETH are still my largest crypto holdings, which is as it should be. But I have a lot more in the stock market than I do in crypto. My stock portfolio of individual stocks is looking nice, a few microcap penny stocks that I am holding forever in case they pop off/catch on (at which point I will sell for possibly monstrous gains, and if not, I only put $100 into each of 2 of them), but the rest are companies I believe in, or good diversified ETFs. But about 70% of my stock market investment is in 2 diversified and well-researched mutual funds, basically acting as my savings account, but with anywhere from 8% to 30%+ growth per year instead of just sitting there doing nothing. The one I have 2/3 of my mutual fund designated capital in is a conservative dividend mutual fund which is pretty safe and steady, and the other is higher risk, small to medium cap growth from among the Russell 2000 companies. Last year it went almost 6x in one year (ie, $10k invested became $60k in one year). Last year was insane, would never expect that kind of growth again, but I have high hopes for some nice growth. It's riskier so I only put 1/3 into that.

It feels good to finally have my financial situation on point to where I am able to have about $21k invested, plus my retirement 401k which has a lot more than that. Makes me feel like a proper adult. 😁

And I make a good bit more money than my living expenses finally, too. I don't spend much on drugs anymore so every month a certain % goes to liquid savings in my savings account, a certain percent goes to stocks, and a certain % goes to crypto. Hopefully in 5, 10 years I will be able to consider myself somewhat wealthy. :)

Last edited:
i doubled my money on btc but i had to cash out a short while ago to pay bills buy new clothes pay for the gym.

Correction from a typo in my last post... I put only $100 each into those 2 micro cap penny stocks, not 4100, lol. With the amounts I'm invested, $100 is nothing so well worth the risk of it never amounting to anything. I am thinking about researching a few more $100 microcap penny stocks to go into that seem to have a decent chance of becoming something. Thing is, one of my $100 investments, the company has a measly ~$12 THOUSAND market cap. So let's say it even pumped to $1 million. That would be almost 100x gains, meaning that $100 would become $10,000. Incredibly high upside potential. Seems like holding $100 in 10 penny stocks like that would make the chances that one of them got hyped on reddit and pumped to the million dollar or multi million dollar market cap level. If even one of them did it, it would vastly offset the other 9 $100investments which amounted to nothing.

One of them, the one with a $12k market cap, is a BTC mining company just starting out. They are actually operating and have a road map to keep buying new miners. Who knows, in 5 years' time they could end up being one of the BTC mining companies that actually breaks out. Some of those guys are onto the $100M mkt cap range now who did break out (or even more for some like RIOT, which started out tiny, too). Imagine a $100M market cap from $12k. That's roughly 10,000x on my $100, meaning those shares I bought for 1 cent each would be worth $100 each, and I have 6,000 of them. So, $600,000 from $100. It's conceivable, though certainly more likely it won't ever really go anywhere, or anywhere near that much if it does go somewhere. Certainly worth the miniscule risk of gambling $100 that I have no problem losing for such a potential upside!

handed in my report 4800 words done. Got my plans done will skip bicycle day take acid on saturday or sunday then next saturday will find a nice beach to have a awesome night with my friends. Turned these dudes onto LSD two months ago and they were really awesome and thanking me for showing them a new world and kindness aswell which lacks alot in society. My mate is a heavy tripper who will be with us and he is going to take like 2-3 tabs and do NOS through the night.

Just bought about $870 worth of XRP (Ripple), with some BTC I had laying around in a wallet, plus an additional $400 purchase. Wish I had done so a month ago as it went 4x in the past month. But it is still steadily climbing in value relative to BTC, and BTC is climbing, meaning XRP is well outforming BTC. It also has real-world adoption and usage. XRP was rank #3 for a long time, and looks about to overtake Binance Coin as #3 again. Planning to hang onto it for a while as it has tons of institutional support and I believe it will probably continue to climb for a little while at least. At some point I will sell it for BTC to hang onto long term. I also have over $2k worth of BAT, an up and coming altcoin that is performing quite well. Trying to ride both up as outperformers of BTC, catch some extra gains.

BTC and ETH are still my largest crypto holdings, which is as it should be. But I have a lot more in the stock market than I do in crypto. My stock portfolio of individual stocks is looking nice, a few microcap penny stocks that I am holding forever in case they pop off/catch on (at which point I will sell for possibly monstrous gains, and if not, I only put $100 into each of 2 of them), but the rest are companies I believe in, or good diversified ETFs. But about 70% of my stock market investment is in 2 diversified and well-researched mutual funds, basically acting as my savings account, but with anywhere from 8% to 30%+ growth per year instead of just sitting there doing nothing. The one I have 2/3 of my mutual fund designated capital in is a conservative dividend mutual fund which is pretty safe and steady, and the other is higher risk, small to medium cap growth from among the Russell 2000 companies. Last year it went almost 6x in one year (ie, $10k invested became $60k in one year). Last year was insane, would never expect that kind of growth again, but I have high hopes for some nice growth. It's riskier so I only put 1/3 into that.

It feels good to finally have my financial situation on point to where I am able to have about $21k invested, plus my retirement 401k which has a lot more than that. Makes me feel like a proper adult. 😁

And I make a good bit more money than my living expenses finally, too. I don't spend much on drugs anymore so every month a certain % goes to liquid savings in my savings account, a certain percent goes to stocks, and a certain % goes to crypto. Hopefully in 5, 10 years I will be able to consider myself somewhat wealthy. :)
tldr but:

Man I am rockin' it out at work like a fucking boss (if I do say so myself). Since I got my promotion, my boss has changed, and I am in charge of leading development of new technologies and capabilities. This week I have done more development work than the outsource people we were previously using did in the last 6 months. My boss is freaking out, she's showering me with praise and telling the company president how great I am left and right. My goal for this year is to create a platform to replace the platform we had another company develop for us that we have been unhappy with... they charge $3,000 minimum for the tiniest change that would take me literally 5 minutes, and they'll say it will take 3 weeks. Also they give us surprise charges for stuff that was never an issue before that they apparently have to suddenly fix. So I will be leading the charge in bringing all of that programming in-house and designing new systems from the ground up. I will also be able to delegate outsourced programmers to work on specific modules if I want. I also have an idea for a system that will move us past our archaic practice of people creating Word documents with special formatting to design surveys, and then relying on a markup macro to tag the document and pull some rough XML into our software, and then having a programmer (the old job role I was in for many years) program everything. Instead when it's done, the survey designer will use a point and click interface to design the survey, which will save into a central database. Then various document formats can be exported, and a survey XML can be exported that will have everything but the highly custom stuff fully programmed and ready to go. This will eliminate 70-90% of the programming time for each project.

Basically I am singlehandedly dramatically improving efficiency and capability across the whole company, which is good because we're growing fast and already have to turn away work sometimes due to lack of availability.

I sense lots of raises in my future. %)

Also my job is really fun again. :) I love doing this sort of thing, bit I was getting sick of always being bogged down with 10 client projects at once, just grinding out what, for me, is grunt work, week after week, and doing this development stuff in my spare time. Well it paid off, and now I get to do development work all the time, as my official job role. And get paid a lot more to do it.
That's so cool, Xorkoth! Solving problems and making everybody's life better has got to be satisfying! I've always liked working hard when I can see that it's making a difference. :)

so fucking baked having a intense flash back hppd experince. i need to quit smoking asap shit is to much for me.

Having awesome day off took a bunch of Methadone and drinking some Ywenglings, bought a 12 pack. Love the mixture really gets me feeling fuzzy as hell. Got another Tapestry I just put up and a new shower curtain they are both beautiful. Just got some good news im moving to a new place by the beach in couple weeks. It's a one bedroom, living room, kitchen and has a washer and dryer...so excited 😆

20210414-133954.jpg

<Tapestry > is this centered good enuff?

received-1546811752336588.jpg

<Shower Curtain>

They look great don't they, just gonna bring all this stuff with me when I move. Gonna have to put aside some money to buy a Couch and Queen Size bed, will need a 65in flat screen for the living room my buddy said that I could get decent one for like 400 probably...

Last edited:
Yeah my house is boring as fuck. It came as a studio prefurnished as plain as can be. I've been so transient with traveling and living a minimalist lifestyle I haven't even considered home deco. I had some friends who had some pretty dope home art installations even under Blacklight. Probably next place, once I move into a larger house

Status
Not open for further replies.