• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also my job is really fun again. :) I love doing this sort of thing, bit I was getting sick of always being bogged down with 10 client projects at once, just grinding out what, for me, is grunt work, week after week, and doing this development stuff in my spare time. Well it paid off, and now I get to do development work all the time, as my official job role. And get paid a lot more to do it.
Ah, that's awesome man. I used to love doing development work almost all the time but other factors in my current job just ruined it for me, now I have to basically be on speed or another upper at actually even face it, let alone get some enjoyment out of it... Hopefully one day I'll be able get my love for it back. I've spent basically all day reading about this GDPR shite and making sure we're compliant, what a bullshit annoying piece of fuckheaded legislation that was. My primary takeaway so far - just slap an overlay with a boilerplate privacy policy and some other shite that probably no one is going to read, plus a checkbox and proceed button. I mean I do know there's more to it than that but visibly, for most people... that's the only outcome.

That's awesome Xorkoth, congrats on all that hard work.

I'm currently having a very exhausting week reading papers all day long for a review I have to write, for which I have a dealine next week X_x

Browsing bluelight has been a nice companion for the small breaks I take here and there.

P.S: Is the correct grammatical form "Congrats on" , or "congrats for"? I'm not quite sure in this case. Clarifications appreciated.

Man I am rockin' it out at work like a fucking boss (if I do say so myself). Since I got my promotion, my boss has changed, and I am in charge of leading development of new technologies and capabilities. This week I have done more development work than the outsource people we were previously using did in the last 6 months. My boss is freaking out, she's showering me with praise and telling the company president how great I am left and right. My goal for this year is to create a platform to replace the platform we had another company develop for us that we have been unhappy with... they charge $3,000 minimum for the tiniest change that would take me literally 5 minutes, and they'll say it will take 3 weeks. Also they give us surprise charges for stuff that was never an issue before that they apparently have to suddenly fix. So I will be leading the charge in bringing all of that programming in-house and designing new systems from the ground up. I will also be able to delegate outsourced programmers to work on specific modules if I want. I also have an idea for a system that will move us past our archaic practice of people creating Word documents with special formatting to design surveys, and then relying on a markup macro to tag the document and pull some rough XML into our software, and then having a programmer (the old job role I was in for many years) program everything. Instead when it's done, the survey designer will use a point and click interface to design the survey, which will save into a central database. Then various document formats can be exported, and a survey XML can be exported that will have everything but the highly custom stuff fully programmed and ready to go. This will eliminate 70-90% of the programming time for each project.

Basically I am singlehandedly dramatically improving efficiency and capability across the whole company, which is good because we're growing fast and already have to turn away work sometimes due to lack of availability.

I sense lots of raises in my future. %)

Also my job is really fun again. :) I love doing this sort of thing, bit I was getting sick of always being bogged down with 10 client projects at once, just grinding out what, for me, is grunt work, week after week, and doing this development stuff in my spare time. Well it paid off, and now I get to do development work all the time, as my official job role. And get paid a lot more to do it.
I don't get that at all, other than the pay. Programming is difficult tedious work, I mean don't get me wrong I like writing scripts that make my life easier, but I lost interest in development (or any of it, long ago). Doing it for me would require stimulants, which I just cannot tolerate anymore. Hoping I can even keep up with the Ops work, its been a year since I worked and noticed some serious cognitive decline, and I don't feel like trying any new nootropics after a bad run in with Adamax. To be in your position must feel awesome, only wish my mind was still that high functioning

I've always enjoyed programming, makes my brain feel good to design complex systems and then execute the coding of it. What I dislike is trying to keep up with all the latest cutting edge technology. I'd rather write something from scratch than try to figure out whatever the latest hype web technology is and use that. To me that stuff is really tedious.

I've spent basically all day reading about this GDPR shite and making sure we're compliant, what a bullshit annoying piece of fuckheaded legislation that was. My primary takeaway so far - just slap an overlay with a boilerplate privacy policy and some other shite that probably no one is going to read, plus a checkbox and proceed button. I mean I do know there's more to it than that but visibly, for most people... that's the only outcome.

Is that the thing where in Europe they make you let people know you're using cookies and they have to agree, or else you get in trouble? That shit is so dumb. Basically any web site that does anything besides have static content uses cookies. I mean yeah there are tracking cookies that are maybe undesirable but it just always seemed like a pointless piece rule, an unnecessary piece of legislation.

P.S: Is the correct grammatical form "Congrats on" , or "congrats for"? I'm not quite sure in this case. Clarifications appreciated.

"Congrats on" is the way it's usually used. :) Thanks!

Is that the thing where in Europe they make you let people know you're using cookies and they have to agree, or else you get in trouble? That shit is so dumb. Basically any web site that does anything besides have static content uses cookies. I mean yeah there are tracking cookies that are maybe undesirable but it just always seemed like a pointless piece rule, an unnecessary piece of legislation.
In spirit the legislation is excellent, they force companies to say why and where they store data, and most importantly: what they do with the data. As a user you're also legally entitled to ask for all your stored data. Enforcing is hard, especially since the whole GDPR legislation is somewhat clumsy, but it's far far from pointless.
I don't see much wrong in giving users the choice in what cookies are used, it's annoying that you sometimes have to search really hard where you can turn em off exactly, and you might have to go through 2 or 3 screens because they intentionally made it annoying. If you don't care, the websites will give you a big button to click, stating that you accept them all.
Afaik the US doesn't have many of these laws protecting the privacy of individuals, the well being of billionaire businesses seems more important than the common man, who knew....

Got close to zero sleep last couple of night trying to finish this article I'm writing. Yesterday was fine, but today I woke up feeling exhausted. Took a little acid microdose and it worked wonders. Like an amphetamine but without muscle stiffness. I got distracted a bit during the mini "peak", where I felt the psychedelic effects a little, but then after lunch I reached a focused and energetic place, almost finishing with work now.

Got close to zero sleep last couple of night trying to finish this article I'm writing. Yesterday was fine, but today I woke up feeling exhausted. Took a little acid microdose and it worked wonders. Like an amphetamine but without muscle stiffness. I got distracted a bit during the mini "peak", where I felt the psychedelic effects a little, but then after lunch I reached a focused and energetic place, almost finishing with work now.
What do you call a microdose? For lsd it wS 25-50ug that I considered microdize far above the psychedelic threshold

Yeah, no I got visuals. Maybe never tried an actual microdose of lsd.

I did not manage to stay sober last night ended up drunk and stonned. Going to try write a huge report on honey in two days been so busy with other stuff. Time to pull off hard work.

One of the universities here just started recruiting for LSD take home microdoses. My younger brother signed up to it i did not even know he was curious about psychedelics. Lmao for a long as time i have been tripping alot and he always knew i was doing LSD. His only concern is that he only trusts pharmacetuical quality of drugs and so would want to pharma made LSD which i guess is good harm reduction standards been worried about getting fake stuff. Maybe ill have to give my own brother LSD one day if he truly is keen on it.

A microdose of LSD is less than 10 ug anymore than 10 ug is not

Last edited:
What do you call a microdose? For lsd it wS 25-50ug that I considered microdize far above the psychedelic threshold

I cut a tab of alleged 100µg in eight, so assuming even distribution, and supposing millimetric precision, I would say around 12 µg. But hard to tell with reasonable certainty, all things considered.

A microdose is where you don't really even feel it, you're certainly not tripping at all, it's a barely detectable level that subtly alters your cognition and energy levels. Way below the levels of visuals. I'd consider 25-50ug a low dose.

20210409-204125.jpg

Just got this "Molly" pretty sure it's just some random Chinese RC, deff not MDMA. It's straight crystal certainly empathogenic stimulant of some type, when you crush down a piece it breaks out to whole bunch. Good thing I traded for it and got it stupidly cheap, id of been upset if it cost me alot. When a point six is only thirty bucks it's worth a shot in the dark sometimes...

A microdose is where you don't really even feel it, you're certainly not tripping at all, it's a barely detectable level that subtly alters your cognition and energy levels. Way below the levels of visuals. I'd consider 25-50ug a low dose.
at 50 ug i still get oevs. 70 ug is a full blown psychedelic trip.

i wonder what time i should drop acid at night when i get around to it. daytime is a no go to many random things can happen people ringing etc. I think maybe 8-9 pm so by 1-2 am probably be adjusted enough to go for a 30-40 min walk through nature in the park.

i been feeling so much more hungry since going to the gym but i don't have the money to be able to eat a huge increase. i try get the most nutrious value for my money. Mainly stick to mince veggies fruits etc.

got a 5m led strip for quite cheap. just planned out so my pages for my report now i will write the info into them got a solid vision of how to write this massive report.

I got a generous .6 at a 3 day festival in Welsh Wilderness one time for £20. It was all very pure at the time, 2002 to 2005. I ate the whole 0.6 st the time, was day 3 by then.

Was so smooth and clean, no rough effects at all from doses like that, no comedown at all.

Proper MDMA doesn’t have a comedown. If you have a comedown you either don’t have it, or there is something separate going on with you to make you not feel great.

20210409-204125.jpg

Just got this "Molly" pretty sure it's just some random Chinese RC, deff not MDMA. It's straight crystal certainly empathogenic stimulant of some type, when you crush down a piece it breaks out to whole bunch. Good thing I traded for it and got it stupidly cheap, id of been upset if it cost me alot. When a point six is only thirty bucks it's worth a shot in the dark sometimes...
That could totally be molly.
Test it?

Proper MDMA doesn’t have a comedown. If you have a comedown you either don’t have it, or there is something separate going on with you to make you not feel great.
I'm not sure I agree with this either.
Brain chemistry is weird and vastly different between people.
I have had the opportunity to do a lot of tested and verified mdma though. Some of it looked like what Shadow Cat has.
And you can totally have a bad comedown, but for me it is usually a couple days later that I fully realize it.

In spirit the legislation is excellent, they force companies to say why and where they store data, and most importantly: what they do with the data. As a user you're also legally entitled to ask for all your stored data. Enforcing is hard, especially since the whole GDPR legislation is somewhat clumsy, but it's far far from pointless.
I don't see much wrong in giving users the choice in what cookies are used, it's annoying that you sometimes have to search really hard where you can turn em off exactly, and you might have to go through 2 or 3 screens because they intentionally made it annoying. If you don't care, the websites will give you a big button to click, stating that you accept them all.
Afaik the US doesn't have many of these laws protecting the privacy of individuals, the well being of billionaire businesses seems more important than the common man, who knew....
Yeah... all very true, but from a web developer's perspective who also acts as sole tech lead in a small company, the clumsiness of the legislation is massively annoying.

Anyway hello again all. Still on that Elvis esque speedwagon, amphetamine to go up, benzos or gabapentin to go down... actually I had a moment today where I really didn't feel good, was trying to type a text and my thumbs were trembling. But I also had a major issue to sort out which just fucked my plans to take an easier day. It went away - the tremor - but that's surely a warning.

The main problem with amphetamine, I find... is that the laser focus causes you to really neglect all the healthy shit you'd usually do... if you're into healthy shit that is. Like I haven't properly exercised all week. I've done a few press ups or other bodyweight shit here and there but nothing sustained for more than like 1 minute, or less. I haven't stretched properly, hardly at all, maybe here and there once I realise I've been locked in the same position for an hour or so. I've meditated... but again, maybe for a minute or 2, most days, I don't know if that even counts or has any real benefit. I mean, something is better than nothing I like to think but fuck if I haven't just completely ignored all the good stuff I need to do to look after my body. I've at least slept every night even if just for 4 hours some days so I guess it could be worse.

I must try harder to look after myself. I have enjoyed being actually capable of working though, for the first time in a long time... but, amphetamine is definitely a harsh drug for it... or possibly I'm just dosing too high. Modafinil sadly doesn't really even help me focus anymore. Hopefully I'm not just burning up my brain until amphetamine is no good either. Another sustained sobriety break is probably needed. But my brain doesn't work well for long if I get too sober... like months 2 - 3 are the sweet spot... out of a 4 month period obviously. Month 1 is pretty dire. And month 4... well actually it's hard to judge coz the universe hit me with a sledgehammer around that time. A good one ultimately, but one that drove me back to a borderline problem substance habit.

Fuck man, amphetamine makes me so narcissistic, I just write essays about myself. Y'all sound like you're doing alright though so I hope that is indeed true. 😊

"Like an amphetamine" eh..? 🤔 Maybe I should give microdosing another go to get off this wagon. I've always had such inconsistent effects from them though... I don't think they'd be intrinsically motivating enough like actual amphetamine. Maybe if I combined it with a weird selective dopamine releaser like PPAP... oh FUCK IT I just remembered I can't do a psych right now, I'm still on this fucking SSRI. 😖

I guess I could try like 2 or 3 tabs, see if that's microdose territory right now, somewhere around the 450ug mark. 😄 Bit wasteful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.