• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting for the right time to trip and then my best friend died. Nursing a bottle since. No regrets.

Damn @w01fg4ng, my condolences. :( Be well.

Since getting all sober McMackey mmmkay, a few milder substances that never used to do anything to me I've noticed to now have some kind of effect. Specifically Ladasten/Bromantane, that iffy Russian nootropic that is still massively overhyped in some circles. I used it for about 5 or 6 days, initially 100mg/day before realising the tablets I had were 50mg and not 25mg as I had presumed. It's nice, but still "subtle", ie, unlikely to be too noticeable to someone who has done a solid amount of real GABAergics or stimulants. I think though the GABAergic effects were the most suppressed in my case since I used phenibut more days than not for maybe 3 or 4 years until about 4 months ago, Now 10mg diazepam also makes me too sleepy to do anything whereas previously I needed 20mg to notice much of anything, gabapentin actually does something (although only tried a few times, previously it did nothing) and... yeah, well I guess even my supposedly controlled phenibut usage was a little less so and just subtly and continuously suppressing my susceptibility to GABAergic drugs.

As it happens though I won't be doing any more good drugs for a while because following a vague diagnosis of GAD I've been prescribed sertraline, one of the newer SSRIs. In a perverse, drug-enthusiast kind of way I'm actually excited to be able to experience this oft-maligned but actually rather smartly designed class of medically-endorsed psychotropics. If I'm gonna be mostly substance-abstinent I may as well get another experience under my belt ;), especially with a substance that might actually have some studied long term benefits rather than the almost completely unstudied stuff of potentially dubious real benefit I've imbibed over the years. Only thing that puts me off is the long duration of treatment, I'm gonna try to make it on the lower end, like 6 months or so, unless I really end up loving the stuff in which case I guess I'll ride it until I don't wanna be on it anymore and have maxed out any benefits, or unless I can't tolerate it and have to abort mission earlier.

So far just the first day I noticed some strangeness, I can definitely feel, I think, the parallels between the serotonergic activation and what I imagine happens with a well calibrated microdose, since for a good chunk of that morning I felt somewhat like I had just noticed the first alerts of an oncoming trip, some nausea, even the faintest visual alterations - although that could have been just an associative memory. Minus, also, the concurrent anxiety of "Oh shit I'm nauseous now and I'm about to be tripping for the next 6-12 hours, what if it just gets worse?!" 😄 That's usually my main compounding negative thought during comeup anxiety anyway.

Hope y'all are doing as well as you can, given whatever life circumstances have thrown themselves in your path.

I like L-dopa/mucuna. It's quite transparent.

Man I am really in a bad mood. I wasn't earlier today, but everything is making me feel agitated suddenly. I'm not sure what's up. Probably really, really tired of isolating myself alone in my house even away from my girlfriend. Tomorrow my quarantine my county told me to do is over. My girlfriend still has to not go to work for like another week though because technically she could have caught it from me, say, today. Seems really unlikely though. I haven't even had symptoms for like 4 or 5 days.

Yeah true. :) I need to start working out again, I haven't tried because I've felt so weak/tired. That will help.

for the first time in a long time it finally feels like life is going to work out. But jesus christ i have to do alot of reading of literature and my attention span is quite bad i honestly swear i must have adhd. But fuck ever going back on stimulants that shit took me to the brink of suicide.

Going to make a solid time management plan over the next few days and stick to it. just the first week but will get everything sorted and make sure i keep my momentum up. Have been eating way cleaner and my skin is getting better looking the most heathy i have in my life.

All the affirmations i put into my deep mind on those heavy trips are bearing fruit. I was using the mul mantra to rewrite my future deep down in my mind. Met a lovely girl aswell that i will get to know more for now she seems like a really cool friend.

Have really changed alot since my full on addiction days.

Check out this thai song its really chill and nice

Ugh good god I am anxious right now. My girlfriend just read about a new Corona variant that may be able to reinfect people and asked me to not go see anyone or do anything outside of the house until she gets vaccinated. I'm like dude, the county just told me I can't catch it or pass it on for 3 months at least now. She's like well I'll probably get the vaccine in the next month, come on. Then I reminded her that it will be 4 weeks between doses and then you're supposed to wait a month after that. I have band practice once a week, we have a new bass player, and we are trying to hit the ground running once we're able to do shows again. I have a commitment, we all have to do band or it won't work, as a 4 piece and me being keys especially, we can't even practice without me. I am willing to forego frivolous hanging out with friends but the band is more than that, yeah they're my friends, but music is my passion, all of our passion. I'm supposed to have practice tonight.

My girlfriend is so scared (has been the whole time, moreso than anyone else I know in real life). And when does it end? What if they say to stay home until 2022? Some people are already saying that. I simply. Cannot. Do that. I'm already depressed and anxious. I fucking ended up in the ER last year after 2 months of going nowhere from an overdose. I'm trying to not do drugs and it's fucking hard and I'm scared too, I'm scared of spending the next 2-3 months isolated as Spring rolls through. I just finished spending 2 weeks by myself because I got covid and it was fucking rough, I didn't even leave the house, didn't even see my girlfriend even though we live together. My bright spot to look forward to was today when I could go out again. The county told me I was good and couldn't pass it along, which is what my girlfriend is worried about since she didn't get it when I did. She was fully in support of it until this morning when she read some article. Look, covid is real, no doubt about that, it fucking sucked. But there is a ton of fear mongering too. They don't even know where that variant is or if it for sure reinfects people very often, or how long ago they got sick the first time (like after 3 months it's more likely to get reinfected with any strain, is the new strain more likely to reinfect you after 3 months? Not just point blank at any time? I get erring on the side of caution but she does not understand how difficult this is for me). I got pretty fucking sick and I just got better, all evidence I see points to my immunity being strong for long enough for her to get vaccinated before that goes away, she's in the next group.

We're not fighting about it but she told me to do some research and try to convince her and it was tense earlier, she doesn't usually exert as much force to try to make me do something she wants. I did some research, I have to work though. We're gonna take my cat in to the vet together soon and I'll bring it back up then. Ultimately I have to do me and I hope she's not too mad. I just can't lock down for another few months. It is not an option. I will agree to not do anything but band stuff but I don't think it's unreasonable to insist on getting together with the band to work on getting the new guy up to speed so that we don't have a period of couple of months of doing nothing and failing to hit the ground running when live music starts again. Particularly since we all already got it and have all just recovered and the new guy has been vaccinated already like a month and a half ago, as an essential worker.

Well, there's some good news on the horizon. Both state and federal officials have announced that they expect that there will be enough vaccine doses in the US to vaccinate all adults by the end of May, much sooner than expected. Also, with the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, it's one shot and you're done. With the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines, it's only 2wks between doses (but it's two weeks after the last dose that you're considered fully vaccinated.) Some countries are suggesting that people that have recovered from COVID-19 only need one of the two shots to be considered fully vaccinated, as they are assuming that the initial infection is equivalent to the first dose of the vaccine. There is no data to support this, but that's what they're doing fwiw.

what are bitcoin fees like for a small transfer i just want to cash out before it drops down but was wondering if it was worth. Like 3 mbtc.

Well I did some research and managed to convince her that it was cool for me to keep doing band practice. And it's all good now. Then I had practice and it went really well. The new bass player is a cool guy, he likes to trip and he's cool to hang out with, and a good player. He's taking it really seriously and working hard and we all hit practice sober and serious and it was extremely productive. I love my friend our old bass player but he never does anything sober, he is always so high on weed that he can't keep track of what he's doing, and at shows he'll take like 5 hits of acid before the show and second set he'll get really lost (not always but a number of times). So although his playing at his best is transcendental and extremely unique, the new guy is probably going to result in more consistent shows, and be way more reliable and stable, and he's really good, too. He said something that really put it in perspective for me last night. We were talking on a little break from working, we were talking about how we've been working hard to book all our own stuff and putting our dues in for years. He was like dude you guys, you should be proud, you were about to open for (insert XXX pretty big name), without even having an agent! We didn't get to because the pandemic hit, but I had forgotten. He was like seriously, I can't believe you guys asked me to play with you, I was like yes please! Score! That made me feel really good about what we're doing. We're going to try to get an agent later this year and take it up to the next level. Apparently we have a company who is courting us but our lead guy wants to make sure it's the right one. He does all the booking and I don't really have any connection to it so I didn't even know.

Yeah, this COVID thing is out of control. Last February (2020) they were expecting to eradicate it within a few months; now they're telling us to keep wearing a mask through 2022!

I'm learning to be careful without being completely neurotic about it, because I have OCD and it's very easy for my anxiety/stress to spin out of control if I don't continually reign it in.

I have to avoid thoughts like, "Oh no, I brushed against the dirty doorknob with my shirt then brushed against the kitchen counter with my shirt; now my mom's gonna touch the counter then touch her face and die!".

We'll all get through this insanity somehow.
Well, if it's any consolation, transmission of the virus from touching surfaces is so vanishingly rare that it may not even exist. That could be different with new variants, but there's currently zero evidence to suggest that's the case. Reference from the CDC below:

I just read a report of LL-stamped pressed pills circulated as 2C-B-FLY coming back from analysis as containing 3C-B-FLY(DOB-FLY), N-Methyl-3C-B-Fly, and 2C-B-FLY. The "contaminants" are probably in low concentrations, but I don't know that for sure.

Last edited:
Oh shit, wow. man, it really does seem like quality of new synths from some of the top suppliers have suffered lately. At least I haven't heard of any serious adverse reactions to the 2C-B-fly pellets. I would imagine it's the same synth as the powder 2C-B-fly, which I have (and which is probably what the vast majority of people who have 2C-B-fly have). I did have 2C-B-fly from the original 2006 synth which was certainly a cleaner and nicer experience. Though the 2C-B-f-fly powder there is now is also a nice drug.

3C-B-fly though? Crazy.

it really does seem like quality of new synths from some of the top suppliers have suffered lately.
I agree. The thing is, it's just a feeling. I don't actually know that it was any different before, but it seems that way to me. I was surprised that the retail front of the presumed wholesaler in question sold me 2-FA that had been (presumably intentionally) cut with a lidocaine analog. While I imagine that was a ublic service based on them guessing most people would insufflate it, I used it orally and would have preferred my dosage to be accurate. I miss the days seven years ago when everything that I had tested from the DNMs came back as advertised. Mind you, I was using reagents and not GC/MS. Maybe people are just being more cautious, having more stuff analyzed by third parties and washing their product to see if there's residue.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine was surprised to hear that the wholesaler in question was still around. They knew them and their situation, and knew that they closed up shop years ago. The fact that the wholesaler is still operating suggests that maybe they sold to new management years ago. If that is in fact the case and not just supposition on my part, then at least it didn't go downhill in as extreme a fashion as the "2C-EF" vendor did.

Also, can we just have DOB-FLY and 3C-B-FLY? kthx.

I know right? I'd love to explore any and all "fly" related analogues. I'm sure the presence of those was an impurity from a sloppy synth, though. Makes no sense to make all of those and then put tiny bits into a product advertised as a pure compound, when they could sell them all individually.

Back in the day, you used to get a lab report on every batch and quality was very high on average. But that was when RCs were limited to 2C-Xs and some 4-subs, AMT, and a few others, and it was a very niche market. Since then, RCs have become big business and have expanded to all sorts of drugs, and it seems like quality standards have slipped.

We had a 7.3 earthquake off the coast tsunami warnings in place. The place where it happened has a huge trench and if a bigger quake happens worse case is major 20m + tsunami so hope this fault line does not start up else the east coast of nz will be truly fucked.

so two 7 + m quakes since 2 am. I think the first one is what caused my heat pump to make a funny fucking noise for 6 hours ruining my sleep lol.

Last edited:
Geez. Tsunamis freak me out. I did hear that the all clear was just sounded for NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.