• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i watch shiey, love his bunker videos.

So this damm stupid doesn't even keep hd 598 cables in stock and has to order them from Sennheiser now i have to wait like two weeks.

Classic! Everyone with their different jacks and cables, a true rip off, laptops, phones, headphones... and being cheap and ordering a non brand one off Ebay or Amazon often doesn't work either

it sucks because they cost a bit in nz due to the shipping costs involved retailers and our currency been so weak to the usd these days. though i should not complain i got these for free when my friend ordered a bunch of hd 598s reburnished from america for $120 nzd each and sold like 10 of them for profit and gave me one. Put this cable through 5 years of punishment. Just caved and found a audio store couple hours drive which has a longer cable which ill go get and keep one of them stored incase this happens in the future i don't want to wait another few weeks. I can not stand listening to music on these shitty basic airphones.

will go get this 2.5m cable maybe in 2 days. and leave the 1.2m cable for use in my phone and 2.5m cable on the computer.

anybody here ever use a chrome book. thinking of picking a cheap one up to write notes in google docs. cbf paying any amount on a laptop when i have my desktop just want to be able to pull up notes in class.

I totally feel like the entire world is ripping everybody off with the price of goods these days. I swear things should be getting cheaper instead of more expensive. There should come a time when a company is already making billions not to rise prices any higher.

Hell even mcdonalds keeps increasing the price of food every couple months here sneakily during there promotions. Yet McDonalds international profit margin is fucking insane and they still wont pay there workers more than min wage. Also know of a mcdonalds frachnisee owner here who makes 10 million a year in two stores. I wish those workers at least got a decent pay rate because mcdonalds can afford to do it. Instead some fat cunt at the top sits on endless wealth.

heroin using party
That sounds like a situation from a Degrassi episode where a main character decides at the last minute not to go to the 'heroin using party' but just as they're celebrating making the right choices in life, the phone rings and it's revealed everyone at the big heroin party caught 🔥 and fucking died.

The moral is: life on heroin is no party.

it sucks because they cost a bit in nz due to the shipping costs involved retailers and our currency been so weak to the usd these days. though i should not complain i got these for free when my friend ordered a bunch of hd 598s reburnished from america for $120 nzd each and sold like 10 of them for profit and gave me one. Put this cable through 5 years of punishment. Just caved and found a audio store couple hours drive which has a longer cable which ill go get and keep one of them stored incase this happens in the future i don't want to wait another few weeks. I can not stand listening to music on these shitty basic airphones.

will go get this 2.5m cable maybe in 2 days. and leave the 1.2m cable for use in my phone and 2.5m cable on the computer.

anybody here ever use a chrome book. thinking of picking a cheap one up to write notes in google docs. cbf paying any amount on a laptop when i have my desktop just want to be able to pull up notes in class.

I totally feel like the entire world is ripping everybody off with the price of goods these days. I swear things should be getting cheaper instead of more expensive. There should come a time when a company is already making billions not to rise prices any higher.

Hell even mcdonalds keeps increasing the price of food every couple months here sneakily during there promotions. Yet McDonalds international profit margin is fucking insane and they still wont pay there workers more than min wage. Also know of a mcdonalds frachnisee owner here who makes 10 million a year in two stores. I wish those workers at least got a decent pay rate because mcdonalds can afford to do it. Instead some fat cunt at the top sits on endless wealth.
I’ve never used one but from what I always heard it’s excellent bang for buck, if you can establish like a good flow of information from ChromeOS -> Windows/Linux I don’t think you’ll regret it at all.

I used to sell Chromebooks as a computer salesman... or rather, not sell them and steer people towards Windows tablets. I'm not a fan of Windows 10 spyware but it's still a heck of a lot better than Chrome OS, it's useless and Chromebooks come with no storage options last I checked. This was 3 years ago, they may be better now.

I spoke with my good friend who is deeply involved in the legal cannabis industry last night. We talked about the stock market, the past few years he has made a ton of money in it. With some good picks from him (including a company a month away from offering its IPO which he is convinced will become one of the major players), I have started to develop a strategy. I want to position myself in a mix of broad-span ETFs (pretty safe as long as the market doesn't crash) and cannabis companies. The legal cannabis industry is in its infancy, as states legalize, and especially with federal legalization, we will see a new industry boom. Today, I am watching BTC climb higher overnight. There are two US BTC mining companies at the forefront that I've been watching for weeks, they follow BTC almost exactly. So I've stuck a big chunk of money in them to see if I can catch a quick ride up today. Set stop losses to minimize risk, and will sell at 10% or end of day for a quick profit.

This stuff is fun. :)

This speculating on BTC mining stock is a bit risky, but I feel good about it. Especially with stop loss, at most I will be forcibly exited at a very small loss. Already though I'm almost $100 up in those for the day. At the end of the day I am going to sell them, take the profits and reinvest them in some stuff I plan to hold for years. And if I see BTC spiking again I'll probably sell some ETF positions to temporarily do the same and then reinvest. I don't know how to read the stock market too well yet, but I have years of reading the BTC market, and these stocks follow it so closely, it's basically like investing in BTC, except it's stocks.

EDIT: $125 up. :)

Last edited:
That's pretty cool, I didn't even know you could buy stock on BTC mining. I'm pretty mad at myself for not getting more exposure to ETH over the past month. I knew it was going to go up and I've just been too lazy to exchange.

yeah man, watching your money grow is fun, for sure, and strategizing. I dunno, it just occurred to me that no one gets wealthy without investing, or at least, most people don't. My dad became quite wealthy, but he invested through the 80s, 90s, and on, it didn't just happen. I've got disposable income now, letting it sit in a savings account accumulating a tenth of a percentage point of interest per year is the second worst thing I could do (blowing it would be worse, obviously).

yeah it's exciting. I got into crypto in 2017, too. But kinda fucked myself over there, I just didn't know anything and got in around the peak.

what I always wonder, where does the value come from when investing into stock? since the investor didn't create value by work, nor the companies actual profits going into how much their stock is worth, since stock value of companies can rise even if they actually loose money. it seems to me that stock trade as a whole creates money without actual value behind it, so it only drives inflation by inflating money supply.

can you enlighten me, xork? :D

Good question. It's based on investor sentiment, more than anything, but also based on the value of the company. For example, Amazon is the largest corporation in the world, and its stock is the most valuable in the world. But if everyone in the world decided to sell all amazon stock, the stock wouldn't be worth anything. So I guess it's primarily based on sentiment. The reason companies go public is to raise capital.

I'm not exactly an expert. :)

I always wondered why we base people's public wealth on market cap, like sure Bezos or Musk may have 100B+ on paper, but if they ever decided to sell off the stock would plummet. Maybe it's just an ego thing.

Took 2-FA yesterday and today and I really like it. I only tried it one time like a year ago and I wasn't really impressed then, but it was probably just my setting at the time. I'm surprised how little peripheral side-effects it has, seems like even less than 2-FMA, and it seems more euphoric than 2-FMA as well.

I'm so stoked because I just found out my school has a general studies degree for older students who may have switched majors, and I was able to switch into it. I didn't even know it was a thing until I saw Hamilton Morris talking about it and decided to go look it up. So now it's looking like I'll be able to graduate this summer rather than having to go until Spring 2022, which is super exciting for me. :p

i've got a tiny amount of ETH that's stuck forever in a wallet i created with a fucked up app that mangled the password i'd given it
it's now worth about twice what i initially paid. oh well.

Bezos owns like 54M shares though which is like 14x the daily trading volume of Amazon, he definitely couldn't sell off all at once. It seems like he'd have to sell off extremely slowly for the increased supply to not affect the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.