• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once watched Apocalypse Now: Redux while on an 1/8th of shrooms (fresh/dried) with my college roomy. Afterwards I turned and said to him, "I'm depressed." Lawl, I was in the service, never even left training... poor saps in 'Nam :(

I once watched Apocalypse Now: Redux while on an 1/8th of shrooms (fresh/dried) with my college roomy. Afterwards I turned and said to him, "I'm depressed." Lawl, I was in the service, never even left training... poor saps in 'Nam :(
I’m always interested in which character my drug fiending friends most like or identify with. When I was younger I imagined I would have been Kurtz but when I see that initial fucked up in the hotel room scene and the determination to follow questionable orders I realise I’d be Willard.

Awwww man I went on a real booze binge yesterday. Today I hurt. Alcohol sucks, why is it the only readily available social lubricant we have? :(

The only reason is because leaving stuff with sugar out causes fermentation and alcohol is a by-product. And it used to be a necessity because it was how you could ensure safe drinking water. People drank very watered down wine instead of tap water and shit. It became such an integral part of life and culture because of this. So it's never gonna leave.

Manic as fuck, holy shit, been awake since Friday morning, and even that night I slept like 2 hours
I would take Zyprexa to calm down, but I don't know how it affects me and I have appointments tomorrow and the day after. I'm gonna be there fucked up either way

Manic as fuck, holy shit, been awake since Friday morning, and even that night I slept like 2 hours
I would take Zyprexa to calm down, but I don't know how it affects me and I have appointments tomorrow and the day after. I'm gonna be there fucked up either way
its not really so good in an acute sense, seroquel or haldol or something is better, or a benzo

its not really so good in an acute sense, seroquel or haldol or something is better, or a benzo
Yeah I know, but I don't have any. Benzos dont work on me when I'm in this state. Last time I took like 8mg of etizolam, probably more and still couldn't sleep

I mean Saturday, so not toooo bad maybe, it'll calm down

But for one thing I would say take the Zyprexa, it's decent for agitation (although Haldol or Thorazine is better in an acute situation) and some maintain it (Zyprexa) is better for manic agitation in particular than some of the other choices, but I digress. Do not take the Zyprexa if you have been taking benzos. Not that it is likely to kill you or anything but as you have something to do tomorrow I'd advise against it, the combination can result in very strong sedation.

Cheers, good to know, they're 10mg, I'll wait a bit and see if normal sleep is likely, really gotta be sharp tomorrow morning, I guess sleep wins every time. I should know these things since I got em prescribed for a reason...
*deleted a whole bunch of things here*

probably gonna some eat edibles in the afternoon and some ket. After my brother comes through. nick sands sent shit loads of lsd to soliders in the vietnam war. Imagine been on 300 ug of orange sunshine tripping balls to the walls then a viet cong ambush happens. That would of been fucking insanity.

Cheers, good to know, they're 10mg, I'll wait a bit and see if normal sleep is likely, really gotta be sharp tomorrow morning, I guess sleep wins every time. I should know these things since I got em prescribed for a reason...
*deleted a whole bunch of things here*
Does it work to calm your mania if you get outside and do some exercise or go for a long walk listening to a podcast or something like that? I’d always get worse the smaller the space I was in. With my bedroom being the worst place.

No, I start feeling even greater, I have insane amounts of energy pretty much at all Times, mentally and physically

Always on the move... wide awake. Should have listened and taken the Zyprexa, but I doubt it wouldve laid me down honestly.
Soon I'll go for a voluntary inpatient to get it over with, whatever I have on paper and ready for the inevitable carrousel of meds. I cannot function in real life like this, a full time job would be a disaster

Does it work to calm your mania if you get outside and do some exercise or go for a long walk listening to a podcast or something like that? I’d always get worse the smaller the space I was in. With my bedroom being the worst place.
If it's true mania I don't want to calm it, insane bodyhigh, my vision feels different, like I can see the thoughts rushing through my head. It is not a pretty sight for others however.
Small rooms are very anxious for me too though, if I have to do work that is non-trivial and not particularly enjoyable I need to be able to pace around. It often happens that I just pace around in circles for half an hour, procrastinating and thinking about me procrastinating. But this is permanent and probably not as related to my bipolar cycles.

I used to take Rhodiola Rosea (which makes me very manic, but only for 1 day) and go on long walks, higher doses are some of the most enjoyable 'drug' experiences ever.

ate a small pieced edible earlier on. Don't want to just fall asleep again and instead enjoy the high.

I get manic too, but unfortunately it's never that "on top of the world" feeling that a lot of people with bipolar seem to enjoy. It's more of just a racing mind and an inability to relax.

I actually feel that way today. I took 100mg of diphenhydramine about two hours ago in an attempt to mellow out a bit, but I don't feel it at all. I'm trying to start winding down for the night but I feel like I'm speeding up instead. I should probably get off the computer and put on some quiet music or something.
:)

It's more of just a racing mind and an inability to relax.
Yes, I have this too, pretty much always, I think I almost always mistook it for hypomania/mixed episode, but now I'm pretty sure that is due to undiagnosed ADHD.
Still manic, gonna take my Zyprexa tonight, I also gave into my psych that has been urging me for months to admit myself to a psychiatric institution for a full diagnosis for a while. Probably gonna be really really boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.