• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: now with ∞% more fractals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, I love trailer park boys. I've been told I look like Ricky (especially when i dont trim my sideburns and let my hair grow out).

Oh, can you pick up candles in Skyrim? Not being able to seriously annoyed me in oblivion, it hampers your decorating options so much. And is there an option that lets you put books down standing up? (Yes I'll stick to the most minor of concerns for now, I'll see how I like the big stuff myself when the day comes I can actually play it. Sadly I may have to on a console rather than PC at first (my own copy eventually will have to be on PC for messing around with console commands while bored, mods, and in general it just being better), but better than not playing at all I dare say.

I'm not too sure. I didn't get that far last night because my dissociation began to throw me off in the end and I decided to get some sleep. I'll report back today or tomorrow though if I remember :D So far the game seems awesome though, and I haven't even finished making my character.

Feeling a nice afterglow from the MXE today, feels real nice. Some stimulation along with a light warm feel across my body, beats the last time when I was just incredibly tired.

'sup llama?

What's new in the fanatasmical land of me? Being totally nonproductive in IRL, starting to have mild episodes of depersonalization when I'm not feeling generally negative about things. Eh, this is a really toxic environment I live in and it's definitely adding to my anxiety levels, I'm spending most of the afternoon wandering around aimlessly just to not be here. *sigh* Gonna have to see if it can't put at a few more attempts at doing things and then do some paperwork to go back to school (being forced into it again, we'll see how it works out this time). The clear solution to my problems is to stop being sober... In other words, the cycle continues.

Musics to both complement and counteract my expressed statement of mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNk88EaxiL0&feature=related

Random complaint: Damn tweakers start calling me at like 9am and continue until 1 am. True story. I'm just not even picking up my phone anymore. This shit happens when you're "the guy with a car" though.

Last edited:
^I heard the movie they took the footage from was pretty good, I haven't seen it myself. I do have to express my general disapproval of AMVs though.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, I'm pretty interested in seeing it now. Also, I had no idea that AMVs were popular enough to warrant their own acronym! Haha.

Oy. Work is stressful, about to get more stressful. I had a great time this weekend on drugs, but i got paranoid when i heard that the cops were gonna bust the party, and buried the last of my acid out in the desert :(. Oh well.

Im getting some phenibut to take for a few days to taper down on my drinking (i know i known, subbing one gaba drug for another is bad, but I am curious about phenibut, and well aware of the tolerade/WD risk... i also only got a few grams so I can't go overboard).

TAC said:
^ Yeah, I'm pretty interested in seeing it now. Also, I had no idea that AMVs were popular enough to warrant their own acronym! Haha.

Hmm I just had that thought that if you were to watch an animated show from Japan, I'd suggest Mushi-shi. That's one I think PD (and anyone with any taste at all really) could get behind. You can totally watch it legally on youtube and probably hulu as well (the english dub of this one is pretty good imo, but I like FUNimation's work in general). The premise is that there are these invisible sort-of magical life forms (from bacteria like to sentient to other stuff) that are invisible to most but sometimes end up causing problems in the world, so the main character is a "mushi master" (literally what the show's title means) named Ginko who is a sort of naturalist who can see mushi and helps out in situations where they have caused trouble. It's purely episodic, no overarching plot or anything, I have to recommend the animated adaptation of it in particular because the soundtrack is absolutely delightful and goes well with the animation and it's all quite stunning.

yucatan said:
Oy. Work is stressful, about to get more stressful. I had a great time this weekend on drugs, but i got paranoid when i heard that the cops were gonna bust the party, and buried the last of my acid out in the desert . Oh well.

Would have been more surprising if you buried it in the dessert. Someone would have had a very (un)lucky night!

Yucatan, the show (I also read the comic adaptation which is on going and a bit more normal, but I love how the director did so much with such an obviously puny budget for the show) I'd recommend you is....Bartender. It's about a bartender who solves people's problems by giving them a cocktail brilliantly appropriate to their situation and talking to them and stuff. A lot of people would call it boring or silly, but it's one of my personal favs. Great stuff for us booze fans...

Last edited:
I've only really started getting into anime recently. My ex got me into it. Since we're on the topic, any suggestions for someone who hasn't watched a whole lot? I'm currently watching Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop, my favourite show so far was FLCL, albeit a little short.

That Bartender show sounds interesting, I'm a fan of people trying new things like that.

I have to try and stay awake until tonight, since I didn't sleep at all. Then I might actually sleep at a decent time and put an end to this dreadful sleep pattern of mine.

Edit: Also, that guy in one thread talking about pills with mescaline and MDMA and whatever else in them said he got them from swim, if only we could use that to nab all the annoying people who use swim in their posts for vending to him. :D

I've only really started getting into anime recently. My ex got me into it. Since we're on the topic, any suggestions for someone who hasn't watched a whole lot? I'm currently watching Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop, my favourite show so far was FLCL, albeit a little short.

Which FMA? The first one or brotherhood? Either way it's a better-than-average shounen action series. Bebop is a quality choice, if you enjoy that you might also like Shinichiro Watanabe's other big work, Samurai Champloo (as bebop fuses sci-fi, noir, and jazz elements, champloo is samurai and hiphop amalgamated). FLCL is great too.

My list of must watch shows/shows to consider would be:
Overall
-Mushi-shi (described above) 26 episodes
-The Tatami Galaxy -Really surreal art and superb written story/characters, the though show is often overlooked, but it is probably my favorite television show ever. It's about a college student who wastes his life on some idle passion, and each episode time rewinds and he has a chance to relive his first two years by joining a different club, in attempt to live meaningfully (and he's supposed to figure out/get the courage to ask out this one girl he is fated to be with). Soundtrack's also good, and the show's climactic arc, while extensively foreshadowed, is knock-your-socks-off amazing. 11 episodes

Comedy:
Golden Boy - A raunchy comedy with a hysterically horrible dub (watch the dub). 6 episodes
Gintama - If you like FMA (good shounen stuff), this shounen demographic series runs the whole emotional gamut. It's mostly a comedy, but it has serious action arcs and heart-tugging stories of interest at well. It has also maintained consistent quality for over 200 episodes, which is pretty darn impressive.

Thought provoking/intellectual:
Kino's Journey - about a girl and her talking motor bike as they travel from country to country, the show challenges the viewer with moral dilemmas where the is no clear answer.
Serial Experiments Lain - The television equivalent of a rubik's cube. It's packed with deep stuff, but it so confusingly and pretentiously presented you won't get it on your first (or subsequent!) viewing. The show gives you glimmers of information disparately packed together, sometimes outright lying to you, leaving it up to the viewer to put everything together and make sense of it. Sort of encourages personal interpretations. 13-ish episodes

Sci-fi:
Legend of Galactic Heroes - This is the greatest space opera ever made, probably. Look it up, dozens of named fleshed out characters in a complicated plot of military strategy and political intrigue. Both major factions are diverse in their interests and full of good (and some rotten) guys, it's not often I watch a series where I'm actively rooting for booth sides in a war, there are also some smaller factions who are less lovable. 110 episodes
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Cyborg cops in future Tokyo, lots of discussion and heady dealing of issues in addition to action elements. 26 episodes if you count GitS: SAC and GitS:Sac 2ng Gig as one show.

Other:
Baccano! - Set in the depression era US, it's a story of mobsters and immortal alchemists. The story is presented creatively (non-linearly), the characters are great, the action's great, everything is great. Also stick with the dub, the period accents are top notch, the performances are better than the Japanese (like Cowboy Bebop, which I would have recommended were you not already watching it). 16 episodes
Hosue of Five Leaves: No one watched this, but I like it. It's about a samurai with severe social anxiety who gets involved with a gang of child kidnappers, it's a great mood piece, the whole show is a constant simmer and basically just characters talking to each other with one or two very brief fight scenes. 12 ish episodes
Bartender - (described above)12ish episodes.

Last edited:
Wow, NKB, I'm going to have to bookmark that post. I've always loved the visual appearance of anime, but never actually attempted watching it, and I've been really curious about it for quite some time. Fairly soon I'll most likely start watching your initial recommendation, Mushi-shi.

Here's something I wrote in another forum about a particular effect that psychedelics have on my perspective. It shouldn't really be analyzed for logical conclusions, it's more meant to just poetically convey the general sense of this effect:

One powerful change that psychedelics offered me was what I can only describe as the repossession of reality itself. The realization that the world is no less MY world than it is anyone else's. The government doesn't own the world, nor do the scientists, or the Catholic church, or Bill Gates. Before I took psychedelics, my role in life was to try to conform as best as possible to a rigid structure that was entirely outside of my own sphere of influence. It was to strain myself to climb through the absurd and treacherous obstacle course which was the world that OTHER people had created solely for themselves -- the people, whom, by some stroke of luck, managed to find themselves the Keepers of the World! My greatest aspiration was, no more and no less, than to ceaselessly and tiresomely march forward at the cracking whips lashing from behind, lashing from the hand of the Superior.

And then, through the repeated dissolution and reconstruction of self through psychedelics, I slowly began to realize that the world isn't an obstacle, menace, or threat to me at all -- it's a gift. I, for the first time, began to see the world as a sculptor sees stone, and a painter sees canvas. Underneath the flat surface of material reality was an endless spectrum of possibility. Fundamentally, beneath all of our meaningless abstractions of ownership and property and governance, all of humankind shares everything under the sky. And, beneath our certification of "real" knowledge with degrees and doctorates and peer-reviewed studies, we all possess the deepest truth of all, which is that of our own existence! Each of our perspectives is equally valid, and none of us deserve a greater authority than the next. I don't have to feel guilty for taking control of my own life.

Psychedelics taught me that my imagination is truly the only limit on what I can make a reality.

I can relate well to the second half, but for the first my mind wasn't in need of opening because I've felt alienated from society and other people my whole life, and was therefore always very skeptical towards 'em. Psychs have helped me be less bitter about it though.

Whoops, I need to go to bed 2 hours ago, sleep deprivation, ho! (night all)

^ Cool, glad it somewhat made sense. You never know, when it comes to these deeply internal, personal thoughts, whether or not they'll translate across the English language. =D

Makes sense to me Apple, I liked it.

Awesome list Never, I'm going to have to save it and go show hunting later. For now, off to the shops it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.