• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I actually tried to find out if French had more homophones than any other language a few months ago. The answer was: it's complicated.

But any way you look at it, French has a LOT

French spelling is completely maddening. So many different ways of writing the sound "o": o, au, eau, eaux, eault, ault, aud, aux, oh, op, ot, od -- and i may be missing some. I feel bad for anyone trying to parse this as a second language. Even the diacritics are completely fucked now. Orally, Parisian French barely distinguishes between é and è, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for new misspellings.

Yeah, but actually I find written French far easier to understand than spoken French, because spoken, it relies so heavily on context clues. In written French, the spelling makes it much more obvious what is meant, but you don't get that in the pronunciation.

I think the same could be said for most any language to be honest. Written English or German or French is always gonna be easier to understand due to the fact that all letters and sounds are in place, not 'silent' like the end of every French word or the way English folks say 'history' without the H sound and such. Like what even is 'istory' English peeps!?

Perhaps English English folks drop the h in history but not where I’m from lol... yet there are still lots of silent letters in written English... like tsunami, pterodactyl and gnome.

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but I for one am totally on board. Puns and word play, and Dad jokes seem to emanate from my core. I’m still waiting for that special someone who understands me ha

Yeah, I used to be conversant in French, but now I can only read and write. Partly it's the time it takes for me to remember vocabulary that I hear during conversation, but mostly it's dropped context. With French, I feel like you're really hearing entire phrases—it's that context that let's you understand all those homophones. Without extensive practice, I lost that context. Reading and writing is still fine, though.

Mandarin (the only truly tonal language I've studied) is similar, but less extreme.

Mandarin (the only truly tonal language I've studied) is similar, but less extreme.
I can't stand the fact that their written language has no alphabet (pinyin doesn't count) and thus to learn to read/write it one has to learn every single word ever in essence. Mandarin will never take over the world as a dominant language simply due to its inherent complexity in both written and verbal form.

Always wondered how you 'sing' in Mandarin, considering the need for tone to understand every word :unsure:

Well if you consider the fact that Chinese characters are made up of a limited number of building blocks (one of which almost always guides pronunciation), it's not that much different from memorizing spelling through the understanding of etymology. It's just slightly different. If a billion people can do it, I don't see why it can't spread further (not that it will or needs to)

I do think China is trying to take over the world, but economically. I think it's inevitable at this point, almost. However, I don't believe it's going to be some military hostile takeover, I think they just want to be at the top of the pyramid. But I could see Mandarin becoming the language that everyone learns eventually, instead of English. Maybe.

Well I finally got to have my trip, things got away from me a bit. 40mg of 2C-T-7 and 55mg of 4-aco-dmt made for one hell of a show! Not sure I would take phenibut before a trip again, im not usually that reckless. A good experience overall though.

I love phenibut before trips, it makes the perfect launching pad. In my experience, it just makes the whole trip more comfortable and glowing/positive, without sacrificing any psychedelia. There are certain psychedelics I basically only will take with phenibut because it's such a good combination.

I love phenibut before trips, it makes the perfect launching pad. In my experience, it just makes the whole trip more comfortable and glowing/positive, without sacrificing any psychedelia. There are certain psychedelics I basically only will take with phenibut because it's such a good combination.

I was able to stay in a positive headspace the whole time which im sure the phenibut played a part in. Just very out of character for me to be so careless dosing. A bit of a series of unfortunate events sort of thing. Ended up being a great trip, not at all what I had planned though. So much for a soft reintroduction!

Yeah lol, I'll say!
4-AcO-DMT in those doses is so fast mentally, you'd think it'd make for very chaotic effects in combination with 2C-T-7, but I like to think there's almost always a way.....

Yeah lol, I'll say!
4-AcO-DMT in those doses is so fast mentally, you'd think it'd make for very chaotic effects in combination with 2C-T-7, but I like to think there's almost always a way.....

Things were going quite smoothly until I smoked some weed. That hit right as the 35mg of 4-aco-dmt i'd insuffulated started kicking in. Then there was some chaos for sure! Ego obliteration. Thankfully lots of past experience with strong trips.

Yeah 4-AcO-DMT feels just like a slightly slower smoked DMT in the first stage, very unlike 4-HO-DMT. Makes my thoughts go like lightning, I can't hold onto them

fuck this drug "scene" here... i'm not buying anything anymore, only alcohol. it's kinda sad how pathetic it is around here. my own fault too, for buying shit. fuck it, I'm not wasting any more money for shitty drugs that are cut to shit. It is totally different than 10 years ago, dunno what happened. Maybe busting some of the biggest vendors scared everyone.

I'm really mad and sad guys. But I've been thinking of totally sober life too for a while. Like going totally straight... I don't know. I've given myself an ultimatum to stop drinking and drugs before I turn 30. I'm psychologically addicted though, like most of us here I guess.

I will summarize Finnish drug scene for you.

>buprenorphine
>benzos
>cannabis
>speed

btw some info what is happening here. This guy who was hosting this imageboard in Tor network just got 4 years sentence. For hosting the imageboard, where people were selling drugs. Not a market place, but an imageboard like 4chan in Tor web. The sentence came last friday, but it is going to supreme court, so we will have to wait for the final sentence for a while. Anyway this was years ago, there have been many other Tor-boards after this etc.

Last edited:
That sucks man. American has a lot of shit street drugs too, but getting stuff in the mail is really easy.

yeah maybe I got so used to ordering shit via mail that I'm "spoiled". But our domestic mail vendors are gone too, so something is wrong. I never ordered anything abroad, because there were these small domestic vendors who sold MXE, 2c-x, dox and stuff. Now the most exotic thing you can order is ketamine or cocaine. And the prices are ridiculous, you wouldn't even believe it.

Yeah seems like all of you island nations have astronomical drug prices. The Australians I talk to, it blows my mind. Like $500 for a gram of cocaine or meth, wtf? Granted their dollar is worth a little less than ours, but not that much less. I guess it boils down to difficulty importing drugs. We have so many people and so much mail coming internationally, that it's really easy to import drugs here. And the street drugs come across the border from the south, largely.

Yeah seems like all of you island nations have astronomical drug prices. The Australians I talk to, it blows my mind. Like $500 for a gram of cocaine or meth, wtf? Granted their dollar is worth a little less than ours, but not that much less. I guess it boils down to difficulty importing drugs. We have so many people and so much mail coming internationally, that it's really easy to import drugs here. And the street drugs come across the border from the south, largely.
I know on paper, prices look shocking, but typically, you get what you pay for.

I remember you mentioning one time that you'd put in about $40 for some coke and were disappointed by the return you'd got on that investment. I'd had about $40 worth that same day and really enjoyed it.

Gram bags of coke, heroin and crystal are definitely up there price wise, but most stuff (acid, MDMA, pharmaceutical uppers and downers, weed etc) is at least comparable to other places IME.

Edit: I will say that after discovering RCs; the mileage, cost, and quality of experience, I don't often use any of the classic street drugs now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.