• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest Posting RulesBluelight Rules
  • PD Moderators: Cream Gravy? | Transform | Vastness | Xorkoth
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

⫸STICKY⫷ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

PYTH

Bluelighter
Really it's not?
I don't know if this is what they were referring to but the usual beef is that Host Defense's products are mostly mycelium w/ ground inoculated rice medium in the mix and not fruiting body or even 'pure' mycelium.

Stamets is pretty aggressive in defense and generally says that certain beneficial compounds may only be in the mycelium (I think the truth is case-by case depending on the type, so he's not necessarily wrong) and that the mycelium's interaction with the rice also potentially produces other beneficial bioactives, so why not include it.

I don't know where I stand. Given the dosages on some of the Host Defense capsules you're basically micro-micro dosing some of this stuff, what are two little capsules of a maitake mycelium and rice blend going to do when you could also buy a big old maitake fruiting body at the store and fry it up?

My sense of Stamets is that he's a good guy but that really Host Defense is in the business of selling high-ish-priced low/'micro' doses of likely legitimately beneficial mushroom mycelium primarily to fund his true passion projects like research and advocacy; that he's not 'trying' to hoodwink anybody but that it's definitely a money-making venture. As are all the mushroom supplements businesses :p

I think some of the powdered, non-capsuled versions they released as a market response to other products are a better value, and I alternate those with other brands.

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
I use a 14 mushroom powdered blend bulk mix myself, really happy with it. It's not cheap but it's way cheaper than buying pills. All supplements are massively upcharged when they've been dosed into pills for you.

Cosmic Charlie

Bluelight Crew
I've actually just started buying all the 100 grams tubs of powder they got recently like within the last few months instead of the capsules I'd gotten the last few years. It is way cheaper that way, and I'll also bring up the fact that when I bought some from that other brand Om You get 200 grams for the same price but I havent tried that yet so I will see how it goes. That other company Microingredients gave me 227 grams for like 27 so yeah its like twice as cheap as Host Defense so I'm going to be cycling them in the future as well. But the stuff that Paul Stamets sells most definitely works and is not placebo because like I said I get sick maybe twice a year now tops when it used to be like 15 times and I'm not exaggerating.

But yeah you guys are right I'll never buy the capsules again seeing how many doses I just got out the tubs. What I have been doing is putting 200mgs L-Theanine and 800mgs Mushrooms into 000 capsule and taking three or four of them per day. I make a whole tubs worth in one shot and fill up old prescription bottles with them and rip the labels off. My Wife was taking one perday when she caught this "sickness" that's spreading around here and she killed it off in a little over a week. Mushrooms are such a blessing they have helped me so much. Also when I was taking the host defense pre capsules ones I would eat 6-8 per day so maybe that also has something to do with me benefiting so greatly from them and those have like 500mgs in them I believe.

Ohhh...by the way my Amanita's are in transit and I'll be taking some either this weekend or the following one. Going to start with 5 grams I think and just see how i react to them and follow that up the next week with 10 grams leaving me with 13 grams for the final trial. Was doing some reading in the big and dandy today but still have much more studying to do this week in the subject. Was looking into some place to get some Salvia next I was thinking of getting a 10x extract which should be sufficient considering the 20x was fucking crazy and I'd feel a little less anxious if I knew I'd be jumping back in with something a little less potent, I'm sure it's still gonna flip reality upside down regardless.

Last edited:

Cosmic Charlie

Bluelight Crew
That's a pity Pfafffed how many have you tried so far?

LSD is one of the best Psychs IMO but I do see some people get side effects with it they cant work through. Also ETH-LAD is amazing and one of the best drugs out there probably, really wanna get my hands on some more of that stuff. Had some beautiful trips on that last year.

Pfafffed

Bluelighter
Just
That's a pity Pfafffed how many have you tried so far?
Just LSD (five or six times), AL-LAD (once or twice), and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose. Did a full microdose regimen with ALD-52 and have microdosed with green morning glory pods occasionally, but never so much as a light experience with either. Eth-LAD is on the list, but I don't know when I'll get around to it. I frequently intend to, but something always comes up (like a psychedelic I know I like or one I haven't tried that I'm more curious about.)

So far they haven't felt like very full or rich psychedelics compared to others, have annoying side effects, overstay their welcome with eternal-seeming tweaky comedowns, and sometimes bring out an impatient and hypercritical outlook. I haven't given up on them and have had about the same ratio of enjoyable to unenjoyable experiences with them, but they haven't been standouts to me overall in my limited experience with them. It makes it hard for me to want to pursue a deeper relationship with them in the hopes that something might one day deepen when there are so many other avenues to explore.

Oh, MiPLA and EiPLA do intrigue me, but not enough for me to justify their expense. I don't exist they would play any better with me than the others and they are generally seen to be light duty and recreational. You add expensive to that list and I just can't justify it

Last edited:

Xorkoth

Administrator: PD, TR, P&S
Staff member
Everyone reacts to things in their own way. I felt like lysergamides didn't click with me for years, until they did. I do wish the duration of LSD was shorter, I don't feel like the come-down is cracked out but it does linger on and on, I like it except that it fucks with my sleep for a long time, I am guaranteed to not be able to sleep without assistance, even after the subjective effects are done. For me, LSD is among the most natural-feeling psychedelics, sometimes it doesn't even feel like I'm on a drug, but instead that the trip is emerging out of everything around me and I am sober.

Cream Gravy?

Moderator: DC, F&TV, PD
Staff member
I wish LSD was longer personally 🙄 I love the drawn out insanity. It’s like I become a child again for 12 hours straight. LSD and me have always clicked but obviously everyone has their favorites. I hate mushrooms, even grew them once (strongest I ever had other growers are lazy I guess) and while it was interesting and I once became one with the carpet, I hate how short lived they are. I’m a movie watching type tripper; with acid I can watch 3-5 films before the trip dies out. I can barely get one movie in on mushrooms or other 4-subs. Not that I want those drawn out... tryptamines make me feel unnerved, only downside to acid for me is the gas production in my gut which can be treated with a 5HT3 agonist like odansetron.

psy997

Bluelighter
don't know if this is what they were referring to but the usual beef is that Host Defense's products are mostly mycelium w/ ground inoculated rice medium in the mix and not fruiting body or even 'pure' mycelium.
Yep. It's bullshit. Especially from Stamets.

Cosmic Charlie

Bluelight Crew
Well I'm glad you guys are making me aware of this and I'm definently going to be exploring some other avenues Mushroom wise for here on out. Feel a little betrayed honestly I've legit spent thousands of dollars on his products over the years and should have done more research instead of taking it at face value. What Medicinal Mushrooms do you guys find to be most beneficial for the immune system?

Img_9999

Bluelighter
I’m a movie watching type tripper; with acid I can watch 3-5 films before the trip dies out.
5 films in one sitting?! I border on being ADHD so even two films in a row sounds like a challenge, lol.

On the topic of attention, I don't know how people manage to work at home. I've always felt like I wanted to be able to work at my place, but maybe it's for the better that I can't, lol. Now that I'm forced to do it because of the quarentine I'm having a hard time staying concentrated an productive, lol. My props to Xork for being able to handle it haha.

Buzz Lightbeer

Bluelighter
Yeah man, for my student job I have like my own project that is basically finished but I have like 2 more months to work on it. With no external stimuli (like people around me working) I'm just doing all sorts of random stuff.

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
5 films in one sitting?! I border on being ADHD so even two films in a row sounds like a challenge, lol.

On the topic of attention, I don't know how people manage to work at home. I've always felt like I wanted to be able to work at my place, but maybe it's for the better that I can't, lol. Now that I'm forced to do it because of the quarentine I'm having a hard time staying concentrated an productive, lol. My props to Xork for being able to handle it haha.
Obviously I'll have breaks between; packing a bowl, jerking off, having sex, standing in the rain half naked. I enjoy lots of stuff on acid but I love the insights it gives during film viewings. I also ALWAYS add a BZD so I'm always kinda mellow.

I'd find it so much easier to work from home if I had a job. It's a personality type thing. I can't work around other human beings, they distract/disturb/annoy/frighten me.

TripSitterNZ

Bluelighter
i usually sit in meditation in the dark once the peak kicks in on acid and play various music my new go to is bush / dark prog out of New Zealand and australia some heavy heavy psychedelic music that will twist your mind inside out on acid. I might get into tripping with a blindfold on to see what it does. I like travelling through the infinite multiverse on high doses of LSD.

PYTH

Bluelighter
It would be great to pass the time with some LSD or mushrooms but I haven't been doing well even low-dose tripping under stress and don't have any benzos around... not really wanting to invite another break or some heavy, negative rumination given the circumstances.

I leaned into some K & DMT this weekend, as per usual, but my disso tolerance is just too high to go where I want to go, I think I need another good 6+ months off instead of the usual one or two between binges. My DMT supply is on its last legs, too.

Cream Gravy?

Staff member
It's something I've always wanted to try but never gotten around to it. Maybe now during my confinement would be a good time, he.
I convinced my friend to watch the extended 3+hr version of Amadeus on acid and at the end he just started crying and screaming about, “How could they do that to Mozart!?!?!”

I was like, let’s take a break and go outside for a bit yeah? Watch the dog run around and feel the grass on our feet.

I enjoyed the shit outa it though, I’ve watched Amadeus multiple times on acid.

I just really like film. My favorite pass time is finding obscure dramas on their last week in theaters and then going to the late night showing and taking my wax pen with me and just getting blasted at the back of the theater lol

PYTH

Bluelighter
Yeah, the big screen on a non-agressive dose of LSD, maybe, say, on the tail end of a trip after a day in the park or a museum, can be really lovely and enlightening if you're in the right frame of mind.

Img_9999

Bluelighter
I convinced my friend to watch the extended 3+hr version of Amadeus on acid and at the end he just started crying and screaming about, “How could they do that to Mozart!?!?!”
Lol, that's kinda hilarious. Amadeus is a great film. I used to be a big movie fan, then with time I started watching less and less movies, for whatever unknown reasons. I think I'll watch something tonight.

Cosmic Charlie

Bluelight Crew
Deff a Film Guy while tripping as well Gravy and I'm sure alot has to do with me just being a homebody in general. The few couple trips I've gone on I watched the Grateful Dead series/documentary on amazon prime called Long Strange Trip and it was thoroughly enjoyed it as they are pretty much my favorite band and I'll never get enough. Probably watched it all like five times at this point and the most recent substances I'd taken were 1a-LSD and DOC both trips with it were wonderful and a few months back on a 2C-B/1a-LSD combo it was great too. When I'd watched The Joker on 4-AcO-DMT/3-MeO-PCP it was simply mindblowing and the visuals were so colorful and literally flowing off the screen and splashing onto the floor.

I'd pulled up a chair from my dining room table and sat like 3 feet from the screen with a smile plastered across my face the entire time. Enjoy watching nature documentaries on Psychedelics alot also and would use them as a backdrop for pretty much all of my 2C-x trips over the last few years. Watching that newer Rogar Waters The Wall film that came out a few years back on 3-MeO-PCP/1a-LSD was fantastic and that combo was one of the best trips I had on psychedelic drugs period the Euphoria I'd experienced that night was incredible and the visuals left me spell bound. Looking forward to tripping this Saturday on that Phen/Tryp combo and I'm gonna just keep plugging more until I'm at a fully developed +++ will need to pick out something to watch that night, was thinking about giving the show Altered Carbon a try I've heard good things about that one or maybe checking out some episodes of Black Mirror I haven't seen before.