• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah looks like Mexico decriminalized weed, and has legalized recreational use and cultivation:
Hopefully this disempowers the organized crime there to some extent.

I bought $400 worth of a weed company stock last year, just checked and it's up 55%, woo. I could have put more in, but I am hesitant to invest directly in anything (I have a 401k but that's a managed, diversified account) after the awful job I did at crypto.
Man, a friend of mine, he bought some land up in Humbolt county out in Cali, perfect growing land. He asked a number of us to invest ($50k, he never asked me lol I'm too poor) and he just had his first year and they're already turning good profits. Couple thousand pounds of weed. I really, really wish I could have gotten in on that.

@Cream Gravy? Don't beat yourself up, I wouldn't have jumped in that investment either.

I still kick myself for giving up on buying BTC when it first debuted. My techy friends got me interested, but there were no snappy graphical user interfaces back in the day. I tried off and on for about three months to buy US$25 worth (would be worth tens of millions today if I had kept it) before giving up.

I comfort myself with the knowledge that if it had shot up to US$200, I would have sold it all anyway. 😅

How's your mom doing, Xorkoth?

I comfort myself with the knowledge that if it had shot up to US$200, I would have sold it all anyway. 😅
Yeah that's likely what I'd have done too lol. I had like $3 in BTC when the first big spike happened. I cashed it out when it became worth $20 -_- so yeahhhh, I'd have never held onto it long enough to get major returns anyhow.

BTC regret is shitty, but it's much easier to see in the rear view mirror. My friend's brother got into it really early, just for shits and giggles, and had a wallet with enough btc to be worth millions today. But he forgot about it and didn't have the wallet address or password. That would suck to have to try to suppress that "what if".

How's your mom doing, Xorkoth?

Fine, thanks. :) It was just some pain from varicose veins.

Just found out also... my mom has a blood clot in her leg and is in the ER. She had a normal doctor visit and they said she should go, but it's probably not a big deal. I'm worried about that, praying it will be fine. She's really healthy and not too old so it should be fine. But I really need it to be...
I'll keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.

Thank you. :) She's fine, thankfully. When my sister called I was gripped with dread though. I'm constantly trying to recover from grief the past few years, it seems neverending. I can't handle another major loss right now. Especially not my family.

I'm afraid that we've crossed the bridge into the second act of life, Xorkoth. The only thing in front of us is loss. Well, unless you you have kids. It's been on my mind a lot lately.

I remember watching my grandparents transition into that stage, then my parents. I wasn't looking forward to it, but that's just life if you keep on living. When I get together with my folks, probably 2/3 of the conversation is about who's sick and who died.

I guess that's why in China they say you're born a Daoist, become a Confucian as an adult, and become a Buddhist when you grow old. Or why many Indian religious traditions recognize the later stage of life as one of renunciation and preparation.

None of this makes it easier, Xorkoth. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to stay aware of the reality of the inevitability of loss moving forward with my life, and to use that awareness as a reminder to be that much more grateful of the time that I still have with those I will soon lose.

*hugs*

Last edited:
Thanks for the words @Pfafffed. Getting older is weird. I feel like the best years of my life are yet to come, in terms of following my dreams and passions. But I'm not as young as I was, and neither is anyone else. It probably helps that I hang out with mostly people younger than me as a musician, and also I have "aging gracefully" genes. I don't feel anything like what I expected to feel like at near 40.

But yeah, I am going to need to figure out how to deal with loss better. I'm not good at it.

Time, age and loss are so gradual to our perception that they seem to creep up on us. I remember freaking out over my first gray hair when I was about 33; now my temples are pretty much covered and I don't even notice. (Actually I look kind cool, like one of those Sopranos dudes, LOL!)

My uncle (my mom's oldest brother) passed away last week but he was 92 and lived an awesome life. He built his own guitars and banjos from scratch and played them in his band until the day he died! <3

My beard has streaks of gray for sure, and there are a few gray hairs on my head. I take after my mom, and she is 65 and is only starting to gray now. Her mom is 95 and still alive (but pretty senile by now). HER mom lived to 102. I like the gray, I suspect I won't have full head gray for a long time. The beard will go first.

If it makes ya feel any better I notice my hair line receding about 10 years ago ☹️ Lol... but I stopped pulling it back so tight and it seems to have slowed down. But if genetics has any thing to say about it I’m doomed. So in the meantime I’ll let the flow grow

I met a new woman and she is going to be my girlfriend, she is so incredibly beautiful. And is so sweet to ke she has a job involved in publishing child books amd is so smart. Im a really lucky guy that i met her im talking to my landlord and went one of the bigger apartments so i will hqve more room for when she comes and spends the night. Very pretty she is Italian and Native American, real phat booty and big titties she is 26 years old. Im one lucky she ssid on the days i go in late like 3 -11 she will drive over in the morning to cuddle and fool around for a bit. Im really am falling for her fast i didnt think it could happen after what my ex did to my heart but thia new one lit a fire in me. She is 26 years old and so think she sent me some pictures in her bikini tonight and ot was jaw-dropping, seriously.

My girlfriend comes home crying every day from her job... we talked about it and she says all she can think about all the time is how when she was watching my cat, she ignored her and didn't take her to the vet and she died. It's a weird situation because every time she cries (if anyone cries, not just her), my emotions automatically freeze and all I want to do is comfort. And then I feel like a robot, hugging her and telling her it is okay. I honestly want to forget that she did that, because if I think about it too much, I get mad. I don't need another "what if". I have forgiven her for it, because I know she was just in a bad place and didn't mean for it to happen. But it's not easy and I wish she'd stop bringing it up, but at the same time, she's feeling horrible about it all the time and I don't want her top suppress it like I do.

I need to figure out how to not let grief and anger become locked inside me. I feel like I need to let more emotions out about everything that has happened in the past few years, not just this. And maybe about other stuff from my past, even. But I can't right now. I don't know why. Well, I do know why, it's a defense mechanism so I can keep functioning. I have a lot of responsibilities, I have to function. But it's out of balance. I don't know what to do. I need to see a therapist I think because my whole life I've been this way. I feel positive and neutral emotions strongly, and some negative ones too, but grief and frustration/anger towards people I'm close to... not so much. But therapy is all virtual now and it's hard to imagine that being the same at all.

what's a ductless mini split? yeah I have a big oven in the middle of my house, and electric radiators in every room. I still heat with wood, but this Air Source Heat Pump will generate heat with much slower cost than using those electric radiators.

I’ve been wanting to trip for a while now but we moved recently so I’ve been busy with that. Thankfullly I’m almost done... hanging pictures and doing the finishing touches.

But I’ve been fighting something for a while now too. It finally got the best of me last week though and had to take some time off. It seemed to be getting better on the weekend but now it’s seemed to have shifted from a sore throat to being congested. Friends think I should get tested but everything I’ve read said Covid isn’t typically phlegmy. Idk... but working at clients home I likely should, just to be sure

Status
Not open for further replies.