• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird, Phenibut never made me sleepy. Kinda the opposite even, I would say.

Phenibut has a paradoxical effect for me where if I lay down and close my eyes I can become extremely sleepy and then I will sleep really hard. But if I'm up and doing stuff, it's energizing.

Makes me wired. Comes on within an hour but increases in zest for the next few hours. Lasts all day and music sounds fucking awesome - like more fucking awesome than usual.

I took pregabalin with it today. Bit hypomanic.

I just bought a keyboard online. A decent one. picking it up tomorrow. Play some music over the weekend.

I had a brief "love affair" with Phenibut back around 2016 but I found it a bit unstable and unpredictable in the way it affected me.

It seemed to hit me in 3 waves: After 3 hours, 5 hours and 7 hours. Each "evolution" became less speedy and more sedating.

If I went to sleep within that 3-7 hour mark, I had insanely vivid, almost psychedelic dreams that seemed to last forever. It was cool except when they turned to nightmares because I couldn't wake myself up or change the scenery even after they became lucid.

If I took too much before bed (anywhere from 2,000 mg. to much more), I woke up with the most head-crushing hangover of my life. It literally felt as though the inside of my skull was on fire (and vibrating somehow, too.)

Oh yeah, and the next day I would get this strange side effect where my vision would jerk to the side and I would feel like I was falling through the floor or something. It was like when you first step off of a rollercoaster, but only lasted a second. Or if you have ever come off of any medication like benzos or SSRI antidepressants and experienced "head zaps", it was a lot like that too.

I think that if I had it now I would be more careful with it and find my "sweet spot" dosage where it could beneficial. Back then I was a self-proclaimed "lab rat" and didn't give much thought to safety.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenibut has a paradoxical effect for me where if I lay down and close my eyes I can become extremely sleepy and then I will sleep really hard. But if I'm up and doing stuff, it's energizing.

If I take it an hour before bed I will sleep for like 10-14 hours...but when I use it during the day and dose early I dont get sleepy at all. It's a pretty versatile substance for me in that regard, sometimes I will take in the AM when I get up and then do a redose in the late PM before bed and count that as one day. I will still feel it when I wake up for like 8 or 10 hours and have a really nice morning. Really looking forward to tommrow.

I took pregabalin with it today. Bit hypomanic.

I just took 1.5g of phenibut, since it's been about a week. I'll probably take 500mg more soon. In recent times I've been taking 3-3.5g in a day when I take it, so I'm going to see if 2g will do it for me now that I seem to be past physical dependence.

When I quit everything addictive soon in the cabin detox (fuck I have to try to find an AirBnB since our cabin fell through...), I really wish to be able to still use phenibut from time to time. I find it not compulsuive at all, but the problem is, so far I have always eventually had my usage creep up until I have light physical dependence, in the past.

@Xorkoth

Sorry about the cabin situation. You'll figure something out. I'm using this time of isolation in my own home as my personal mental, physical and spiritual retreat. With all that I've overcome in the past few years (opioid addiction, my father's death, financial ruin, etc.), there's still a lot that I need to work on:

The urge to self-medicate with things like alcohol and benzos, my negative thinking that sabotages everything I want to do, my unresolved anger over things that happened when I was very young, etc.

Anyway, I didn't mean to make this be all about me; My reason for writing was that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
Dreamflyer

Weird, Phenibut never made me sleepy. Kinda the opposite even, I would say.

It doesn't make me sleepy at all. It energizes me, even, like you hinted at. I'm saying that if taken later in the day, I will have trouble getting out of bed the next morning.

Really hope brother man has got the bloomers. Haven't had mushrooms in awhile and I wanna trip so badly right now. Kinda stressing about it but cant ask on the phone cuz he's super paranoid, don't blame him. Pretty much always does tho I only went there once and he was out in the three years I've known him. Always has 25-30 strains of bud and occasionally LSD.

Well I'm sure I'm gonna get something worthwhile regardless but I'd be a little disappointed if I just came back with Cannabis. And I had to setup a time slot for the appointment and it has a minimum to be served there. Pretty dope ass underground dispensary up here in the city, it's my favorite place to buy Weed ever. Like it better than my delivery service due to the fact they carry psychedelics...

I never pass 1.25g with phenibut. Something about it feels a bit too much at that point. My wife doesn't use more than 500-750mg. It's such a subtle drug that I feel pushing it is unnecessary and really rather defeats the purpose of using it; that is, I only use it for utility, it's great for helping me overcome stressful days.

I really wish I could trip and drink tonight as I have tomorrow off work... but I work till 10pm tonight which would leave me starting at 11pm or so which is rather untenable. If there's one thing I hate lately, it's losing sleep.

Well I used to never pass 1.5g, usually more like 1g, but that was before like 14 years of using it and being dependent on it multiple times in that period of time. My first year using it I did it every day and went up to like 3, 3.5 grams. I just have a perma-tolerance.

Yeah, that's funny. I wouldn't even think about watching dubbed movies haha. I think it is partly because our countries obviously don't have as big as a film industry than the US/English speaking world, so we are used to watching most movies subtitled. I guess if that's not what you are used to, then dubbed movies can seem like a more natural choice? But for me it's like hell no, specially movies with real actors. Maybe with animations you can get away with it sometimes, but half of the actors performances gets lost when you watch a dubbed movie.

I always use subtitles if possible and English subtitles. And if I watch Finnish movies I use Finnish subtitles there too if possible. Most movies have fucked up sound that you have to keep volume so high to heard when they talk but it is then too loud when some action happens.

Most movies have fucked up sound that you have to keep volume so high to heard when they talk but it is then too loud when some action happens.

LOL, very true ! Sometimes the music is too loud too, then when the characters speak it's like they are whispering

I just finished reading the series I've been reading again, for the second time. It was much better the second time and it was already the best thing I've ever read before that. I just wanted to shout out to The Malazan Book of the Fallen, by Steven Erikson. It's staggeringly good. Really good fantasy is something I love because it blends philosophy into storytelling. Do yourselves a favor and read these books. The first one is hard to get into because you just get plopped into the middle of it with no idea what the fuck is happening, he created a universe entirely unique. It's really worth reading. You can thank me later. ;)

Also shout out to swilow who recommended them to me years ago. Love you brother, I hope you're well. ♥

going to eat these edibles in 5 hours not sure ill start with half and see how i feel or just eat the full one and maybe extras later on if i want my mind to explode.

I like to break it in half a spread them out over the day and have a gradual comeup. Tommrow morning I will take 20mgs(half) the wait a few hours and eat the rest. They had this one kinda chocolate the was 350mgs in pretty small bar which I passed on cuz dosing would be sketchy...I'd be scared to eat too big a piece of that thing I'm kind of a light weight with THC doses compared to some.

this has 0.8-1 g of flower of some skunky nice frosty weed in it probably around 15-18% thc. so it will be quite a bit of mg in the fudge.

I always use subtitles if possible and English subtitles. And if I watch Finnish movies I use Finnish subtitles there too if possible. Most movies have fucked up sound that you have to keep volume so high to heard when they talk but it is then too loud when some action happens.
LOL, very true ! Sometimes the music is too loud too, then when the characters speak it's like they are whispering

This usually happens when listening to a surround sound (5.0/5.1) audio track on a stereo system (2.0/2.1).

Ate one full piece another larger piece left over. Now a waiting game to see how potent these are. can't wait for legal market so you actually get some regulation and know much mg is in them. I remember back in high schools kids making brownies from their parents plants that where made with over ounces of buds one piece would floor you just paralysed on the couch in outerspace baked to the gills.

Well I used to never pass 1.5g, usually more like 1g, but that was before like 14 years of using it and being dependent on it multiple times in that period of time. My first year using it I did it every day and went up to like 3, 3.5 grams. I just have a perma-tolerance.

The first time I took Phenibut, I didn't do nearly enough research on it and had no idea how long it took to take full effect. I made the rookie mistake of redosing 500-1000mg every 45 minutes or so because I wasn't feeling anything, so I ended up taking a total of 7g over the course of the night!

Ugh... :sick:

I passed out for about 12 hours, wet my bed and woke up feeling like I had a hornet's nest in my head stinging me from the inside out! Oh well, live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.