• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you finding Taltz so far? I've been thinking about using it myself because I too suffer from psoriasis. I find it so odd that my own body seems hell bent on eating itself from the inside. Do you also get the dry skin on your scalp and under your facial hair? I've been controlling mine with shampoo and cremes. It's always worse in the winter.

I'm happy things are re-opening too. I'm probably going to venture out this week and do some hiking now that the parks are open again. I'm thinking of taking a road trip and doing some day hikes on the Appalachian trail. Any good places you'd recommend? I'd love to do some zip lining and drive into the city for some good food after. I always feel better after I spend a day in your neck of the woods.

Well it's only been a few days, but my back stiffness is the first thing that's disappearing. My skin is flaring less but it's supposed to take some time to get rid of it. Honestly I don't care much about the skin, though I have it on 10-15% of my body, it's quite extensive. Tons on my scalp and a little under the facial hair, but covering my knees, elbows, hands, and lower legs, and a few spots here and there besides. Mine is the red patch type, as opposed to the gray subtle patches. It appeared suddenly when I first went to college. I've been managing it with Eucerin intensive healing lotion for many years. IO don't mind the skin, though it's annoying, but now that it's getting into my joints, it's unacceptable. In particular my lower back has been really stiff and sore for almost a year, whenever I bend over and straighten up I have to hobble around until I can slowly stretch back up all the way, it makes me feel like an old man.

So far I don't feel any different on Taltz except that my back is way less stiff and my jolint pain is receding. It comes in an autoinjector, it skin pops you. I hate needles with a passion, such a bad phobia, but I can inject myself since it's just pressing a button. It burns going in but no big deal.

One thing is, it's really expensive from what I hear. My insurance won't cover it since I didn't try 3 different first-gen biologics first (Humira, Enbrel, and some others - my doctor said he won't prescribe those because they're like shooting a mouse with a shotgun and have a ton of really bad side effects). But Taltz has a program called "Taltz Together" where, if you have insurance and insurance denies it, they will cover the cost except for a $25 copay for every 3 doses, for the first 36 months. And by then you can almost always get insurance to cover it because your doctor can appeal to them repeatedly and say basically, hey, this is working and improving my patient's quality of life. After 36 months, if your insurance decides to cover it, then Taltz Together will pay all of your copay except $5, so basically you pay $5 for 3 doses.

But if you just plain don't have insurance, then Taltz says sorry, you have to pay full price. Which seems insane, but I figure it's because they're willing to pay for most of a medication that they expect you to be on for life, if they know that they'll get paid by your insurance company for life eventually.

I'm concerned about catching it too, especially since I just started Taltz, which is a biologic medication for psoriasis (my psoriasis is beginning to damage my joints and if I let it go, I will end up like my uncle who can barely turn his back and neck and has permanent damage to most of his joints).

I'm glad that they have better medication for psoriasis these days. My ex-girlfriend from about 20+ years ago had it and she went through hell. All they had back then were creams & ointments and all they did was irritate her skin even more. If it were just a cosmetic issue it would be bad enough, but the fact that it can cause arthritis is scary.

Best of luck,
Dreamflyer

Yeah and it's not just regular arthritis, it's pretty similar to rheumatoid arthritis where it can become disabling. I honestly don't mind the skin, I think because I first got symptoms in college, I was spared judgement from my peers so it never really affected my self-esteem.

Man I'm working on rebuilding my crumbling second-story deck balcony, and I was bringing a 91 inch long 2 by 8 joist up a ladder and it gave me the most gnarly splinter I've ever had or seen... it was about an inch long and pretty thick, and it went straight into my forearm. It wouldn't pull out without great difficulty either. I started to panic, thinking it was barbed, would leave a bunch of debris in there. My girl eventually pulled it out and my arm feels weird, my elbow actually hurts really bad but it feels connected to the faint throbbing in my forearn, but I also likely tweaked my elbow since I was carrying a really heavy piece of wood. It bled a little when I pulled it out. It might have gone into muscle or maybe not, seemed rather shallow though. It doesn't hurt as much as I expected it to, actually the actual site doesn't really hurt at all, even like 45 minutes later. I put wound wash on it (alcohol tincture of usnea and yarrow that always prevents my cuts from getting infected) but I'm worried because it was a deep puncture wound, and the medication I'm on makes it harder to fight certain kinds of infections (primarily fungal I think). It doesn't hurt much, and I can't tell if the area is in shock and it's going to get awful or what. It did seem to pull out clean. I am making myself paranoid, for example I haven't had a tetanus shot in probably 10 years, or maybe longer? Or I can't remember actually. Started reading about tetanus and shit... sounds like hell. Muscle spasms so bad it can break bones?

Try going and getting a tetanus shot seriously. Even though you had one before you will most likely never need one again.
It should be a good idea.

see i didn't say would.
woody bb, go get one ! sounds yuk.

Or wait wait, this is what you do.
Keep an eye on it. your eye.
And watch for a purple streak that will start traveling.

And that's when you go !!! Go immediately to the Emergency Room.

thats all i have ♡

You're probably good but if it's making you paranoid maybe go and get checked. I worry about tetanus every time I get jabbed but I never end up going. It's scary thinking about it. Last year I thought I might have gotten bitten by a bat and spent a couple of weeks over analyzing how I felt because I was worried about rabies. Since I don't have health insurance right now I just play wait and see with this stuff.

Sounds like Taltz is out if it costs that much. I've been thinking about going and getting checked because all my joints feel really bad and have been getting worse these last 4-5 years. I developed psoriasis late like you did I was in my late 20s/early 30s before it got bad enough that it bothered me. I have the other type where I get the scaly skin in patches. It mostly stays in my hair but it has spread all over my face in the last few years. When I shave I have scaly spots and red skin everywhere. It looks awful for a few days until it clears up. Sunlight and steroid cream I have seems to make it go away until I let my facial hair grow back. I had a spot in my hair at the hairline that go so bad that the hair stopped growing there. I tried not to pick at it but I found myself doing that a lot. It would bleed and scab over every time I showered. I finally started using coal tar shampoo and got it under control somewhat. It's still there but at least it isn't causing hair loss anymore.

It runs in my family, my Dad has it really bad and my siblings who are younger than me have started showing symptoms of it. I'm curious does it run in your family too? I haven't gotten mine checked out by a doctor because I can't afford it but my Dad's says his was caused by an overactive immune system. We never get sick and are exposed to a lot of things most normal people aren't so I'm not surprised that my body sees everything as an invader including its own skin.

Yeah, it does run in my family, 2 of my cousins have it really mild, but my uncle has it like me, worse than me but just because he's older. His joints are fucked up, he went on the same medication and his is pretty much all gone by now but the joint damage is permanent, like with other types of arthritis. It's whole-body for me and my uncle. I have large patches on my knees and elbows, and a lot on my lower legs, and toes, and hands, and a bit on the underside of my forearm, and a couple of tiny spots on my chest (my uncle used to have it covering most of his chest and back). I also have a lot on my scalp, a tiny bit on my face.

I started Taltz 6 days ago and it's crazy. it's all disappearing already. :) It just stopped building back up, and is slowly turning into pink skin. And already my lower back isn't all stiff and shit.

I did end up going to urgent care and got a tetanus shot and they did an ultrasound to see if there was any material left inside, which there did not appear to be. They gave me antibiotics but I didn't want to fuck my gut bacteria up if I didn't need to, so I haven't taken them. The wound is doing much better, so it doesn't seem like I'll need them.

I'm happy you're feeling well. You've got me paranoid now and I think I need to have my psoriasis looked at.

Quick question for you guys today: I'm still working on my garden and I've decided I'm going to try my luck with growing mushrooms again. Anything besides cubes that would be interesting to try that aren't too hard to grow indoors? I'd like to seed the fields around me with whatever I grow indoors too. I don't think any cubes grow in this area so I thought spreading some spores around outside could be fun. There are good conditions in the area and I see a lot of mushrooms species growing in the area. A girl was up here several months back hunting for them. She didn't find anything worthwhile but she was really into the hobby. I thought I'd be a nice guy and make sure there was some magic growing in the area the next time she came looking.

I think cubes can grow in more areas than they actually do. Give it a shot, couldn't hurt to try. Better yet, get some mycelium cakes going on in jars, then break them up into a patch outside that is covered in manure or some other viable substrate.

We have a psilocybin mushroom species that occurs here naturally (though not common), Gymnopilus junonius ("laughing jim"). From wiki:

This mushroom has relatives which contain the hallucinogen psilocybin. This mushroom contains bis-noryangonin and hispidin, which are structurally related to alpha-pyrones found in kava.[4] Japanese researchers have found oligoisoprenoids, or neurotoxins in this mushroom.[5]

Whoa, I got a tiny bud for the first time in months and wanted something fun to do after smoking, so I found a random episode of "The Midnight Gospel" (I hadn't seen any of it) and my brain is already twisted in knots at only 6 minutes in! o_O

The Grim Reaper is giving long-winded lessons on the physics of death, there's a sax-playing angel on roller skates and I have no clue what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend was raving to me about that show recently. Psychedelic adult Adventure Time? Yeah I'm intrigued.

I loved the first episode and then felt pretty meh about the next three. Not exactly stoked to continue considering the, what seemed to me, big downgrade in quality between those

I really wanted to like it, by it wasn't for me. Same with Adventure Time. I can see why people love them, but the animation style and voice acting just don't jive with me regrettably

I was browsing the markets this morning and caught myself comparing various opioid vendors. The idea of ordering H, opium, or morphine has been strong these last few days. I realize this is stupid just like getting started on kratom was and can only lead to bad things in my future. I closed the browser and decided it's probably for the best that I don't order that first gram.

Things are going to calm down for me in the next few weeks and I think the best course of action is to get the Iboga I've wanted for so many years and undertake the flood dose. I've spent the last few hours reading and comparing various trip reports. I have a trusted friend that I know will stay and watch over me for the duration. I'm going to float the idea by him today and see when we can plan a weekend for this. In the past I've nearly done the flood twice but didn't go through because I was worried I'd talk about things I don't want other people to hear with a sitter. After reading more reports this doesn't seem common and even if it happens I'm sick of letting my own anxiety about it stop me from making the changes I need to make in life. I feel like most of my problems are self inflicted and the result of social anxiety. Most of my drug use, especially with opioids, was just trying to run away from problems that weren't really a big deal. I think most of my pain is more mental than psychical despite the lies I've told myself over the years. I do have conditions that cause pain but not conditions that justify using what I've used for it.

I figure no matter how much the Iboga costs it'll be money better spent than any amount spent on opioids. I'm just ready to be over the constant pull of opioids that I've been living with for over a decade now. I don't know why they keep luring me back. I know they are a terrible idea but something always happens in life that brings me back to that warm glow of contentedness. I was cleaning up my bedroom today and found all the packages of kratom I've been saving in case money ran out and I couldn't buy any. I'm ashamed about what I've spent on the stuff these last few months. Lots of money down the drain just for a sub-par experience. At least it keeps my pain levels down and way from the local opioid scene. If it wasn't for kratom I would have spent 10x more on pills.

In a few weeks I'll place the order for the Iboga and probably some DPT. Between the two of those I should get the kick in the ass I need to correct course in my life.

just ate one dried tiny mushroom must of been like 0.1-0.2 g a bit more than a microdose for the potency of these so probably feel very light effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.