• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered at times in the past whether Bluelight itself is somewhat of a pro-drug echo chamber. Maybe, but I am genuinely passionate about psychedelics regardless of how much time I spend on the internet, so I'm not worried about being terribly influenced.

That society and culture are deteriorating seems to be a perennial theme of human perspective. Trump's entire campaign slogan, "make America great again", appealed to this sentiment. So I'm always very skeptical whenever I see people complaining about the evils of technology.

Last edited:
Post on reddit included something said by an actual researcher studying RCs:

This resonates so well with me. Like every word, the trying out, analyzing ánd discussing.

Yeah, I think there's a lot to how some people develop a deep relationship with their psychedelic space of choice. For me, I'm quite interested in how the subtle differences between them give me insight into the subtle differences between states of consciousness. When I reflect on how I feel throughout experiences on oral 5-MeO-MiPT, smoked DMT, rectal 2C-B-FLY, and insufflated 4C-D, it seems wrong to refer to those states all with the uniform term "psychedelic." How then to parse the differences between states that are ephemeral, fluid, subjective, and individual?

As more and more people explore psychedelics, assumptions will be made that other psychedelics will just be palette swaps of the familiar ones. It would be foolish to write off what we can learn from what the differences between them teach us.

Last edited:
As more and more people explore psychedelics, assumptions will be made that other psychedelics will just be palette swaps of the familiar ones. It would be foolish to write off what we can learn from what the differences between them teach us.

Agreed, there is, or has been, a school of thought that I now think of as old-fashioned and archaic, among old-school psychonauts that there is basically no difference between psychedelics, and thus, no point to exploring novel ones. But I find this extremely incorrect. Even among substances in the same family, like 2C-B cs 2C-E, there are huge differences, let alone between much more dissimilar ones.

Just accidentally spilled 2-3 ounces of Kratom behind the dirty ass dresser all over the carpet. It's a really bad situation as in using it to kick my addiction to harder Opioids. Thankfully I still have like 8 ounces here and up north another 24 ounces. Still fucked cuz the Vendor isn't cheap I use and im not working right now so I don't have extra cash to just be throwing out the damn windows. I wanted to cry when I dropped the package from up high and it someone how opened from the pressure falling....booosh.....

Yeah, it amazes me how substances targeting basically the same receptors can give such differing experiences.

a tasting from the : SwiRLy ZoNe

received-854441418413430.jpg

Mandarin's, Peanut Butter, Peaches, Cherries, Frosted Flakes, Black and White Cookies, Runts, Everlasting Gobstoppers, Nutty Bars, Grape Jelly and Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ sauce.

Yes, this recipe was found in a galaxy far, far away. It hijacks the taste buds and suicide bombs the fuck out you with flavors of our wacky dimension. What a gift it is to have so many things to work with, sky is the limit.

Last edited:
a tasting from the : SwiRLy ZoNe

received-854441418413430.jpg

Mandarin's, Peanut Butter, Peaches, Cherries, Frosted Flakes, Black and White Cookies, Runts, Everlasting Gobstoppers, Nutty Bars, Grape Jelly and Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ sauce.

Yes, this recipe was found in a galaxy far, far away. It hijacks the taste buds and suicide bombs the fuck out you with flavors of our wacky dimension. What a gift it is to have so many things to work with, sky is the limit.

I think I got a cavity just from looking at that, but now I want some!
🥜🎂🍭🍪

Not unlike the calories one shares with the Amanita mycelium if one reconstructs the Holy Grail following Teeter's instructions.

Superdiabeticalifractalisticalidocious! :D

Planned on ordering some DPT today but the vendor I was eyeing for months is suddenly refusing orders. Another vendor isn't letting me log-in to my account anymore. Are things that bad now with the virus? I haven't been keeping up but I realized it must be hard to ship anything right now. Thought about trying Phenibut for the first time. Was all ready to order a sample then I saw the minimum to have it shipped to me if I want tracking. Fuck that. The only way I could justify that is bulk and I'm not about to do bulk on something I don't even know I'd like.

I checked the place with Iboga I'd been eyeing as well and it has just vanished. I should have stocked up on that while I could because I really want to attempt it now that I've been flirting with kratom and have my own house. I really fucked up with the kratom. It isn't as bad as my opioid habits but I can already see a problem developing. I don't know why I keep going back to the same place expecting something different to happen.

I suppose it's for the best. Guess I'll just save my money aka continue spending it on kratom.

Last edited:
The characterization he gave of (some) RC users was of an "experience junkie", hooked not on the drug itself, but on the sensation of trying out, analyzing and discussing the high compared to another chemical cousin.
There is definitely something very appealing about distinguishing the finer details of various aesthetic pleasures, whether food, art, or drugs. If I liked alcohol more, I would surely be a wine snob (instead, I'm a tea snob).

However, I agree with Xorkoth that there are nonetheless very real and important distinctions between all the various molecular permutations. If Shulgin's whole repertoire suddenly disappeared, leaving behind only the old guard of LSD, mushrooms, et al., I could live with it, but I'd be really, really sad, because my favorite drugs by far are all Shulgin creations.

When I reflect on how I feel throughout experiences on oral 5-MeO-MiPT, smoked DMT, rectal 2C-B-FLY, and insufflated 4C-D, it seems wrong to refer to those states all with the uniform term "psychedelic." How then to parse the differences between states that are ephemeral, fluid, subjective, and individual?
I think the existing research on serotonin provides some really fascinating clues into possible ways to generalize its function (and therefore the action of drugs that target 5-HT receptors). I was just recently skimming through some of the research cited by the Wikipedia article on serotonin. This study basically shows that, in nematodes, 5-HT causes behaviors associated with food abundance (increased feeding and fat metabolism). It got me thinking: does the growing mental health crisis seen in affluent countries like America result from a disparity between our instincts, which evolved to work in the context of relative scarcity, and our rather sudden (in the context of evolutionary history) wealth?

You could certainly argue that obesity is caused by a misperception of food availability, on some basic biological level at least. Serotonin is critical in modulating appetite, which is why obesity was treated with fenfluramine before we discovered the cardiac side effects. Do mental illnesses like anxiety and depression also result from something that could be described as a false perception of scarcity? Depression is associated with persistent negative self-beliefs. Perhaps the therapeutic value of serotonergic drugs for these mental illnesses would actually be not entirely dissimilar from the therapeutic value of anorexic drugs like fenfluramine, in that they correct a basic misperception of resource availability: in the case of anorexics, the resource in question is calories; in the case of antidepressants, the resource might be something more abstract like creativity or social status.

There is definitely something very appealing about distinguishing the finer details of various aesthetic pleasures, whether food, art, or drugs. If I liked alcohol more, I would surely be a wine snob (instead, I'm a tea snob).

However, I agree with Xorkoth that there are nonetheless very real and important distinctions between all the various molecular permutations. If Shulgin's whole repertoire suddenly disappeared, leaving behind only the old guard of LSD, mushrooms, et al., I could live with it, but I'd be really, really sad, because my favorite drugs by far are all Shulgin creations.

I think the existing research on serotonin provides some really fascinating clues into possible ways to generalize its function (and therefore the action of drugs that target 5-HT receptors). I was just recently skimming through some of the research cited by the Wikipedia article on serotonin. This study basically shows that, in nematodes, 5-HT causes behaviors associated with food abundance (increased feeding and fat metabolism). It got me thinking: does the growing mental health crisis seen in affluent countries like America result from a disparity between our instincts, which evolved to work in the context of relative scarcity, and our rather sudden (in the context of evolutionary history) wealth?

You could certainly argue that obesity is caused by a misperception of food availability, on some basic biological level at least. Serotonin is critical in modulating appetite, which is why obesity was treated with fenfluramine before we discovered the cardiac side effects. Do mental illnesses like anxiety and depression also result from something that could be described as a false perception of scarcity? Depression is associated with persistent negative self-beliefs. Perhaps the therapeutic value of serotonergic drugs for these mental illnesses would actually be not entirely dissimilar from the therapeutic value of anorexic drugs like fenfluramine, in that they correct a basic misperception of resource availability: in the case of anorexics, the resource in question is calories; in the case of antidepressants, the resource might be something more abstract like creativity or social status.
If I remember correctly something like 90% of the body’s serotonin is in the gut. The enteric nervous system uitlizes it extensively. The gut brain axis is a really cool new area of research all about this sort of thing. When way too many people in the US eat shit food then yeah we’re gonna feel like shit too. Since switching to a plant based diet about a year ago my moods are infinitely better than they ever were. Whole, unrefined, natural foods cannot be beat

I went out over the weekend for the first time since the virus started. Sat in a packed crowd for hours with family. No one was wearing masks. I haven't seen a crowd like this for this type of event in years. I agreed to go because it usually doesn't draw many people but we were packed in there like sardines today. I do feel a lot better than I did before going and will probably go again next time. Now I just wait and see if I get sick I guess.

Cases are picking up in our state but it's mostly in the 3 big urban areas.

Cases are picking up in our state but it's mostly in the 3 big urban areas.

Yeah I'm aware. Cases have picked up here too centered around one of our cities. I was just amazed by how little people seemed to care when I went to this event. It's an event where people normally wear masks but even those people didn't seem to be wearing them. I saw a lot of folks I never see there and the lines for everything were far longer than usual. No one was respecting the 6-foot rules. I ate at the event and stood in line for at least a half hour. Two of the family members I went with have been going out to events like this for the last three or four weeks. So I didn't see much point in not going since they've probably brought it back and infected us all anyway.

What worries me about catching it is the fact that everyone in my family has very strong immune systems. They're so strong we all have to take substances to suppress our immune systems. I know the COVID-19 is said to produce cytokine storms in people like us. Having suffered symptoms like that in the past from both the flu and a tetanus shot I know we'll probably be dealing with that should we catch it. Staying in just feels useless now because people coming in and out of my house all the time aren't following the suggestions. I feel like I'm going to catch it no matter what I do.

I'm concerned about catching it too, especially since I just started Taltz, which is a biologic medication for psoriasis (my psoriasis is beginning to damage my joints and if I let it go, I will end up like my uncle who can barely turn his back and neck and has permanent damage to most of his joints). It suppresses a targeted area of the immune system, but one of the things it does it increases the risk of developing upper respiratory infections. There is no evidence it increases the risk of Corona, but I think it's more like they just don;t know, so it makes me nervous. I am glad that things are somewhat reopening though. We even have a gig booked in July with my band.

How are you finding Taltz so far? I've been thinking about using it myself because I too suffer from psoriasis. I find it so odd that my own body seems hell bent on eating itself from the inside. Do you also get the dry skin on your scalp and under your facial hair? I've been controlling mine with shampoo and cremes. It's always worse in the winter.

I'm happy things are re-opening too. I'm probably going to venture out this week and do some hiking now that the parks are open again. I'm thinking of taking a road trip and doing some day hikes on the Appalachian trail. Any good places you'd recommend? I'd love to do some zip lining and drive into the city for some good food after. I always feel better after I spend a day in your neck of the woods.

Back home after almost a week at my summer cottage. It's this old farm where my grandparents lived until 1970's and I inherited it. It was Midsummer this weekend here (Juhannus) which is the biggest holiday party of the year here. I'm always there at this time of the year. Midnight sun. In Lapland sun won't go down at all. 24h day. Here where I live it is something like 21 hours. I was sober there with my family and didn't even drink beer. Good times. Fuck it's getting hot here, like +30C and we don't have AC's.

Eating self fished pike and self grown potatoes (what's the correct English phrase here?) now

Same view at christmas and midsummer (not my pic)
vmcrh749ve651.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.