• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chris Timothy hang in there. Sometimes the only light is knowing that we have been through very rough times and we held on and it did come to a new dawn. Seems to take forever though that I know. Good to see you.

My health insurance company called and left a message and said we need to talk, it's obviously about my little ER GHB mishap. I'm really nervous because I'm reading stuff online about how health insurance companies are denying ER coverage when it is (after the fact) deemed "medically unnecessary"... mine was definitely medically unnecessary as they didn't even do anything and hour later I was fine and said I could go home, and they didn't try to stop me from leaving. But they also insisted after I woke up but was just confused that they bring me in (when the paramedics were at my house), they said it was "policy" even though my girl was like okay, he's awake now, I don't think he needs to go in. I'm trying to google about what to say/what information to volunteer when I call... the Internet, of course, has various opinions.

Oh, man, that sucks, hope you can sort it out.

I've been trying microdosing 1P-LSD since last wednesday. approximately 5 µg with days off in between dosing days. So far I can tell that the initial anxiety I felt other times I did microdosing as a one off thing went away on succesive days dosing. The only noticeable effect I'm getting is stimulation, to the point that it kinda messes my sleep schedule the days I dose. I should maybe start getting up earlier and dosing first thing in the morning. The extra energy is nice though, let's see if other benefits appear down the road.

I decided I am going to call them back this aftternoon and just see what they need to ask me... they might just need to confirm I actually went. If they ask me what happened I will say I collapsed and my girl found me and couldn't wake me up and called an ambulance, the EMTs said they needed to bring me to the ER because I was extremely confused upon waking, and I got a CT scan and maybe other tests, and then I regained coherence after a while and they discharged me. Only if they require me to explain though. I will give as little information as possible.

It's interesting how many of us here have software-oriented professions, I'd like to think there's a correlation between curiosity about the deeper nature of reality that psychedelic exploration can facilitate, and curiosity about the deeper nature of human logic and the software processes of mind, itself.

Yup. Fellow software developer here, too. Either that, or if you want to be more cynical, we're all mildly autistic and prefer interacting with machines to humans. That's what I always assumed for myself, anyway.
🤷‍♂️

I really fucked up in life by not studying an engineering type degree. I can't stand humans and I got a useless liberal arts degree.

I've been dealing with a lot of self-loathing and anxiety lately.

I really fucked up in life by not studying an engineering type degree.

kinda regret this too. been using computers since I was 6-7 years old, 24/7. at the same time my friends who got their first PC's when they were 15 or something got degrees and now good and safe jobs as IT engineers. maybe I just wanted something different away from computers.

Well, lucky for you two, IT employers couldn't care less about formal education, and writing code requires nothing but a cheap laptop and dedication.

If I could self-motivate to learn something like that I wouldn't be starting 7th year on a 5 year degree this fall :D

I really fucked up in life by not studying an engineering type degree. I can't stand humans and I got a useless liberal arts degree.

If I could make the same money shoveling shit I would. I always say with computers I shovel shit with my mind. But I think all types of making a living can be a drag. I will say this, although I have had fun creating things, working for someone else in the corporate world can be depressing. Yes I can work from home and most of the time have weekends off, but something is soul sucking about it that I can't completely put my finger on. lol I do think there are no green pastures as far as making a living. Weekends are still spent sort of dreading the new week. Can't win.

If I could make the same money shoveling shit I would. I always say with computers I shovel shit with my mind. But I think all types of making a living can be a drag. I will say this, although I have had fun creating things, working for someone else in the corporate world can be depressing. Yes I can work from home and most of the time have weekends off, but something is soul sucking about it that I can't completely put my finger on. lol I do think there are no green pastures as far as making a living. Weekends are still spent sort of dreading the new week. Can't win.

It really depends a whole lot on who you work with and for, and the culture of your company. I'm really fortunate in that I really like every single person I work with, and my boss and I are close. It can be stressful sometimes because I have a lot of responsibility, but besides that the company is a great place to work and I don't feel like it's sucking my soul... it also helps a LOT that I work from home so I don't have to go into an office/commute every day.

^ I started with this as a small company of 12 people. My friend created the main software. It grew to thousands and is world wide. I never realized I like the smaller start up better. It was more family like. I think it just grew and fell prey to all the things big soulless companies do. It was sold a few times too from it's origin. The owners do not even know that some of my software is what is being used overseas. But yeah, when it was small I worked with friends basically. Now no one is left, some retired and others just left. But to sum it up I am not feeling the Love anymore (such an accurate statement when people say that). Ah, things change and I have to accept that. And bingo, the Culture really sucks now. All slogans and overpaid directors and no workers. Most of us do work from home, I only go into the office 1-2 days a week.

Now I have that song everything changes in my head. :(

Last edited:
ate half a edible fuck this shit is strong no tolerance to weed feel good though been two years since i ate some edibles. more relaxed weed high but heart rate fast though this always happen to me on cannabis. Finally a weed high with no anxiety. Legalaztion vote is in sept here i really hope it goes through then id maybe get into more legal edibles that are pretty priced point.

Well, lucky for you two, IT employers couldn't care less about formal education
This is true, and also justified, experience is much more important than a fancy degree, I can say because relatively speaking I stink and I have a fancy degree.

I've been working non stop, creating my non-disclosed-game AI for my dissertation. I lost months because I was trying to get some approach to work, but I never could and I kinda gave up at some point but took it back up some weeks ago. It's stressful, because I know that my networks are getting stuck in local minima (which are good but I know it can be quite a bit better), and there are so many potential parameters to change, and on top of that training takes like hours on a strong machine to even get an idea if you're getting somewhere, on top tier GPUs and parallelized code. I enjoy it but I'm walking around with it at every point of the day, I wake up early thinking about it, and go to sleep thinking about what I'm doing/going to do. Sometimes I even set an alarm at night to quickly check in on how it's going.
The life of a procrastinator =D finally paying the price after living my whole life like this.

This is exactly why I don't want to programming stuff for a living though, because if I don't enjoy it, I won't think about it, but if I do enjoy it, there'll never be rest for me. So I lose either way.

Fucking edible weed hit me harder than LSD. Rasta music always makes perfect sense under weed can be very psychedelic. Anybody watch joey diaz 420 special fuck the part about the weed culture theres fake weed culture and then true deep weed culture to get so fucking deep on weed your tripping hard balls.

This is the most mind-blowing visualizer I've seen yet. It's silent so you can watch is "as is" or use it to accompany your music of choice. I like to put on some kind of ambient chillstep and watch it right before bed. Sometimes it triggers some cool CEV's as I'm falling asleep. It starts to get really trippy about 1 minute & 20 seconds in.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=4k+silent+visualizer&&view=detail&mid=893F76102F48C24DFC36893F76102F48C24DFC36&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=/videos/search?q=4k+silent+visualizer&FORM=HDRSC3

Enjoy!!!
Dreamflyer

Fuck i am not eating edibles ever again with no tolerance this half must of been like 100 mg + finally coming back to grounded physical reality ended up nearly having a anxiety attack the trip was so fucking intense time was at a stand still oevs and cevs were alot fucking stronger than mushrooms and LSD but different somehow. Edible weed with no tolerance might be even stronger than LSD doses under 400 ug. the HPPD didn't help aswell and i was getting flashs to the darkest trips when i use to smoke on acid. At one point i couldn't even tell what vantage point in time i was experincing my trip from whenever i was in the past present or future all at once.

Was 4 hours of existence dread of peaking so fucking hard i could straight through my closed eye lids into the infinite multiverse

Yeah man edibles can be really intense. I do prefer them to smoking/vaping for spiritual exploration but they can punish you if you aren’t ready. Two summers ago I didn’t smoke at all and just did edibles because I wanted to protect my lungs so luckily I’ve learned to navigate that headspace pretty well. Both tend to give me anxiety though so I’ve been avoiding weed for a bit now.

Although personally I find it difficult to integrate anything I experience on an edible trip into my life. I guess you could say they “reveal my anxiety” but I don’t really suffer from anxiety at all when I’m sober. To each their own :)

Status
Not open for further replies.