• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any fellow desktop Linux nerds in here?

I'm sure they're a solid choice for cloud infrastructure and whatnot, though I never really clicked with Debian/Ubuntu-based distros on the desktop. But man... I fucking love Arch and Arch derivatives. It's hard to pinpoint exactly why, but I think it's because the Arch community is clearly just a bunch of passionate geeks who love pushing computers to their limits, and Arch Linux itself is a playful expression of that passion. While corporate entities like Canonical and Red Hat create their distributions as a tool intended to accomplish a specific task, I view Arch more like a... crazy video game with a limitless skill ceiling.

I just tried Manjaro GNOME for the first time yesterday, and man, I'm impressed. The installer is super slick, and the desktop comes pre-loaded with almost every extension that I'd be manually installing in a stock GNOME environment, which is fantastic because it's not only less work at the outset, but it means that most of my essential desktop functionality should upgrade seamlessly with the rest of the system.

If anyone uses Linux on a workstation PC, and hasn't done so yet... definitely check out what the Manjaro team is doing.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought windows 8 once and lost my shit at not having a functional product when I really really needed it.

I don't fully like it because Linux is an artist's hell, but my hate for windows 8 was greater than my hate for shoveling tech dung.

So through Ubuntu I've become infested with command line. I've nearly but not quite completed a new PC build, you know how the shoestring-budget-life goes, and will have to dual boot now. I was considering Debian just to have something that works and doesn't mutate away all the time. I just don't know how far I want to get sucked into the Linux rabbithole... care to attempt to pull me in perhaps?

Edit: Whelp, too late to change architecture of the build. Debian it is.

Last edited:
@Vastness
@TripSitterNZ
Why would you people "like" a report of a freakin' accident by the way? To be frank I've been looking for reasons to actually keep showing up here, which should have been communicated but hasn't because I've been still coming down. I have enough of other messes to clean up and do not need or want or am even at all able to put up with passive aggression. I've randomly fallen out of THC, can hardly afford hooch at the moment, so I'm doing with less than what I usually require for basic sanity, and even though I have stumbled upon a method for basically infinite amanita I'm still perfecting the techniques with crap equipment and juggling way too many things at the same time as usual. Luckily 3-HO-PCP makes me hungry for exercise for the first time in my life, instead of having to put with it for the cognitive benefits, but as you can see I'm still slipping up with applying it safely. But the mania keeps balancing out in pretty much harmless silly stuff as opposed to blatant rocket fuels like ephenidine or the 3-meo's, so honestly I don't deserve any judgment here, I'm doing my best to get by with the tools I do have to my disposal at the moment and could do with some support free from ambiguity.

Or else please keep your reactions restricted to technicalities of the tools and topics we discuss over here.

Hi Chris Timothy, sorry to give you the wrong impression with my "Like" of your post, perhaps I should have actually replied given the obviously distressing nature of the things reported, but I didn't intend it as passive aggression, or judgement in any way. I liked the fact that you took the time to share your experience with us, and identified with a lot of what you expressed in your post, so I intended the like to be taken as an indication of moral support, a thanks for sharing, and acknowledgement that you're not alone in your experience. I can't speak for anyone else of course but I would like to imagine that anyone else who liked your post was expressing a similar sentiment.

A weird thing just happened, I took too many dissociatives and believed I broke the universe
I like this, because I have had a similar feeling of having "broken the universe" so many times on dissociatives, and it's always nice to see that other people have experienced the same.

so I started running in weird places barefoot, looking for my keys which I hadn't on me on the first place. I was really concerned I lost my keys, so I re-traced my jogging route looking like an idiot in search of his keys, which I haven't lost because they're just right there.
Obviously this was a traumatic experience for you, in retrospect I must admit I maybe did not fully appreciate this in liking your post. I don't like that this happened to you - but again, I like the fact that you chose to share it with us.

But I did dissociatives so I thought I created the universe, so everyone was gone and I could go around exploring the place.
Again - I identify with this sensation, I have had similar experiences, including one extremely intense one where it was likely only good luck, that it was night time, and that my dose and combination of substances was such that actually exploring was quickly out of the question, that avoided me actually going out into the world and bringing all sorts of trouble down on myself.

I'm really confused, I broke my brain just now and I did an incredibly insane thing, going to look for my keys which I hadn't lost.

I feel incredibly energized and confused, and should re-evaluate my stance towards life.
I empathise, or at least, I like to think I do, I have had many experiences during which I've been very inclined to doing something really insane. I don't like that this happened to you, at least not in any kind of malicious sense, or that I wish any kind of misfortunate upon you - quite the opposite. But I like the fact that you decided to share this experience with us - that you have come out of the other side of this experience without any more catastrophic consequences, and (what I perceived to be) an apparently positive intent to "re-evaluate your stance towards life".

Again - no judgement intended, and I'm sorry if that's how it came across. We're all trying our best to get by with the tools at our disposal, I do recognise that, I'm doing the same, and I've also done my fair share of things which I've regretted under the influence of dissociatives and/or other drugs, which I've felt embarrassed by after the fact - and I would never deliberately try to reinforce such a sense of embarrassment in anyone else, to do so would be unwarranted and unfair. My "like" was only meant to indicate moral support, thanks for sharing, and that I can relate.

@Chris Timothy it's okay to feel like you need time off. Heck I often feel that people here are disinterested in me or my troubles and I get a bit off-put... my recent absence was for a number of reasons, and that was one among many. Sometimes that's just our self-perception getting the better of us.

I'm sure no one meant to say they were 'liking' your struggle. I personally want to express my sympathy and support. I too am struggling mentally right now; it's a constant struggle. Many of us are here because we're in that constant struggle. Don't for one second believe that you are alone or that none of us care about you... we do.

Take care, take a break if you need to (it helped me, personally), and feel free to reach out. You'll always have friends here <3

Didn't mean any offence bro i just liked it cause i have been in the same situation before twice on breaks on LSD where the entire neighborhood came out to watch me proclaim i am the universe screaming running in the rain in socks. So i sympathize with the experince. I know how it feels when the universe breaks and your deep in it. I hope your okay it took me a year to feel grounded after the first time i went off into the wind with no control.

My advice re: MXPr is don't expect it to be MXE 2.0. Personally, I don't think I even like the compound. I've hit the magic, oh my god thinking are turning divine, moments in the first hour after dosing, and then it very quickly turns into a super confusing, disjointed, and cold mess (for me).

I only had one real session with it, so definitely don't take my endorsement as the gospel. But I thought it was the closest to MXE, even compared to MXM which was only around a little bit. I would get more but I think the industry knows it is hype and it's extra expensive right now.

Any fellow desktop Linux nerds in here?

I run a hodgepodge of OSs but most of my machines are on gentoo, OpenBSD, and NetBSD. I'm familiar with Windows going all the way back to the 1.0/DOS days. I've never really cared for it but it got me started in the PC world. I have some old machines that still run CP/M but I rarely boot them up anymore. I'm trying to track down an old Mac because I've never run OSX or the classic OS outside of using some friend's machines over the years.

Right now I run awesome WM as my desktop. I try not to fall into the trap of constantly re-configuring my DE/WM but I usually do once every couple of years. I don't really like computers anymore and have been attempting to phase them out of my life but they keep sucking me back in.

I can't sleep so how dose a short story sound? Lately I've been thinking about friends that passed on and one in particular came to mind tonight.

When I was in high school there were two guys that everyone knew in our little town. They were both gay men years before that was hip or accepted, one was in the open about it the other still in the closet but obviously running with a lot of sugar in the gas tank, they both loved the skating rink and they both loved doing drugs. I never found out why but these two were constantly showing up with handfuls of experimental pharmaceuticals. If a new ER version of a benzo was going on the market in the summer you could be sure they would hand you for for free the winter before. They always had a large bag full of odd chemicals around and were happy to share as many as you could hold in your hand.

One night I was at that house. You know the house, the house occupied by your friend that graduated two years ago whom always seemed to have 20 people hanging out at it. The place where a young man could spend his allowance on a bag of mexican brick weed or perhaps a couple of tabs of weak LSD. There was always something going on in that house and without fail there were always the same 10-20 faces sitting in it. For a time that house ran half the town and everything ran through it. You didn't need social media because you could check in there and find out all the latest news.

Another friend of mine had recently moved into this house and become the younger roommate. One night our gay pharmaceutical friend showed up to get the news update. The young man asked if he was holding anything in the color blue. Of course! Just come out to the car and I'll get you sorted! All seemed well.

Some time later the young man comes back and he seems sad. What's wrong young man? Why do you look so down?

He said he wouldn't give me the stuff unless he could suck my dick!

One of the guests misheard and asked; He wanted you to suck his dick for the xanax!? Man that's fucked up I knew he was funny but I never thought he was like that!

The young man replied: NO, he said he'd give me 10 xanax if I let him SUCK MY DICK

The room erupted in laughter and someone finally comments: So, he wanted to suck your dick AND give you free drugs!? That's a true friend man! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

The young man hung his head, visibly upset, and locked himself in his room. The rest of us probably smoked some weed and spent the rest of the night playing video games since we were losers with nothing better to do. It has been over 20 years and this still gets brought up pretty often. The young man, now an older man, is still embarrassed any time the story gets told.

The gay friend with the garbage bags full of pharmas died a few years ago. His brother followed him just last month after a long battle with opioids.

Good story, kinda sad. I totally know that house. I wasn't quite cool enough to be a regular at that house when I was a young un, but I ended up there a couple of times. Always felt uncomfortable in places like that, lots of weird dynamics going on, but a cultural phenomenon for sure.

But I am reading more about it and have taken an interest as it's something I've kinda ignored up till now.

Gabapentin and benzos are entirely different. Benzos are one-note, they reduce anxiety and sedate you somewhat. Boring drugs but effective, not recreational unless you have an anxiety disorder and lack of anxiety feels like euphoria to you. Gabapentin is a complex, euphoric drug, subtle, stimulating moreso than sedating, but also relaxing, slightly psychedelic at the right dosage. Makes everything feel like it's cast in a positive light, but won't make you come down from drugs or feel sleepy or interrupt an anxiety attack. I find gabapentin recreational, but not benzos.

Chris Timothy man... it's cool, people tend to "like" posts if they can relate you appreciate you posting it, no need to be stressed about it, no one here is judging you or anything. ❤

Good story, kinda sad. I totally know that house. I wasn't quite cool enough to be a regular at that house when I was a young un, but I ended up there a couple of times. Always felt uncomfortable in places like that, lots of weird dynamics going on, but a cultural phenomenon for sure.

We weren't cool, at least we didn't feel cool, that house is always occupied by the misfits IME. The kind of kids your parents warned you about...maybe we were cool in the eyes of others? I know how you feel, I too felt out of place when I first started showing up at that house. Once I was older and wiser the owner of the house told me I really shouldn't have been around in the early days.

There were things going on here we didn't tell you about because if we did you would have never came back. We were into some things we didn't want a 14 year old knowing about, like guns, and cocaine

I wasted years of my life in that house when you were probably out there making something of yourself. Whenever I get bored I'll tell some more stories if you'd like. There are a lot of them.

the entire neighborhood came out to watch me proclaim i am the universe screaming running in the rain in socks.
Lol, no offense intended here either but that is a funny mental image. 😉 I did have a trip maybe 6 months ago now where I'm pretty sure I shouted "I AM GOD", more than once - and in my head it was like a booming, deep sound - not my voice at all - but fortunately I was inside (although my flat has a pretty thin ceiling, quite possible at least one of my neighbours heard, although if they did they never mentioned it... maybe more out of fear of the crazy person than anything else... although I like to think I'm a good neighbour most of the time).

Summer is here! Mowed the lawn for the first time. +20C sunny days makes you almost manic after the way too long and dark winter

Summer is here! Mowed the lawn for the first time. +20C sunny days makes you almost manic after the way too long and dark winter

I bet, I fucking hate the depth of winter, mostly due to such short daylight hours. You being so much farther north, it must be awful, I would probably go insane.

Thank you all so much for all the slack cut! I needed it, bhahaha..

This place is my home and my family, which I need because my real family life is a monstrous situation.

Haha, your winters must be crazy. The upside is you get to be near the Aurora Borealis :O
Is it hard to actually see it?

Northern Lights are often seen in Lapland, which is, well, even more north than where I live. Fun fact, there is a city called Rovaniemi. Rovaniemi is considered the largest city in all of Europe by land area.

Status
Not open for further replies.