View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pcp and designer drug mimics?

RowdyMic

Bluelighter
15 years ago I was getting strait liquid pcp. The guy would dip an end of a cigarette into the vial, and we’d suck the liquid through the cigarette and smoke it. We’d have a blast. Now there is like 3-MeO-PCP or 4-MeO-PCP and many more.. also they’re legal! Which ones are closest to what I’m talking about?
This is a list of them

The most popular and available of those are 3-MEO PCP and PCE, 3-HO-PCP. If you are into holing, 2-FDCK (for a shorter experience), O-PCE, DMXE, MXiPr, and MXPr are discussed a lot. You should check out /r/dissociatives on Reddit for more info. Overwhelmingly my favorite class of drugs: the only ones that don't aggravate my bipolar and have antidepressive effect to boot. Just be careful, some of these RCs are potent. 2-FDCK is a good place to start for beginners.

I've smoked mad sherm / dipped cigs the exact same way. Can still get it, but there are several drawbacks that make me prefer a salt form dissociative ultimately. It's possible to create HCl gas via dropwise addition of sulfuric acid onto a mound of pure NaCl soaked in muriatic acid (read: ~28% HCl) and have that piped off with PPE tubing and a claisen adapter after sifting through two cotton balls with about an inch of calcium chloride (damp rid) between them to dessicate that HCl gas on its way out the PPE and into your sherm juice. Crystals would form from this, which can be collected and cleaned up, etc. via filtration, ice-cold anhydrous acetone rinse, and/or 1- or 2-solvent recrystallization. Presto: angel dust from sherm.

But to answer your question, firstly I agree with tesseracts assessment, except, I feel like Ketamine is a better starting place than 2FDCK; however, 2FDCK has the advantage of being an RC and thus quasi-/semi-legal. Regardless, for my money, insufflating 3-HO-PCP is closest to smoking a dipper. Has a very similar headspace where your imagination can just run wild with epic, made-up storylines, and this takes on weird epic proportions. In my mind I'll be in the center of a global conspiracy sometimes. Other times I'll wax philosophic and my mind will wander down corridors of possibilities, both in my life and about the world/universe in general. I really value these experiences, much like my experiences with "love boat".

Worthwhile runner up to 3-HO-PCP would be 3-HO-PCE. Both of these compounds are fairly anxiolytic to me, despite the weird mental fugues at times. Conversely, I find 3-MeO-PCP and 3-MeO-PCE to be trippier and a bit less euphoric. Generally the eticyclidine (PCE) analogues are also trippier than their phencyclidine (PCP) counterparts, to me. Dissocs really do tend to affect different people much differently, so to some extent, this will take experimenting with things yourself. But hey, that's a fun endeavor to be sure; just use harm reduction techniques and stay informed. Best of luck!

3 meo PCP is fantastic in my experience just please be careful it makes you overconfident and manic!

I'm sure you are aware having smoked Sherm! Its just nice to feel like I did my bit haha

So lemme just do my quick rundown for any newbies reading:

Do not drive! Have a buddy hanging out with you try to not use alone! Very sneaky convincing delusions of grandeur with 3 meo pcp it's very clean.

I haven't tried straight PCP, neither 3-Methyl-PCP, so take this with a grain of salt. But just looking at the chemical structures, I would expect 3-Methyl-PCP to be the closest one of available analogues to the father compound. Not much info in subjective effects out there, but I recently acquired some and plan to test it soon.

Other than that, 3-MeO-PCP is an excellent compound, although from what I understand significantly more stimulating than PCP. 3-HO-PCP is supposed to be more sedating, so maybe closer to phencyclidine itself?

[…] just looking at the chemical structures, I would expect 3-Methyl-PCP to be the closest […]

Other than that, 3-MeO-PCP is an excellent compound, although from what I understand significantly more stimulating than PCP. 3-HO-PCP is supposed to be more sedating, so maybe closer to phencyclidine itself?

Haven't tried 3-Me-PCP personally, so I can't say for certain, but to me the 3-hydroxy substitution certainly has been most reminiscent of PCP's effects, and I agree that the 3-methoxy substitution is comparatively more manic/stimulating (I used the term "psychedelic" earlier, but now prefer the way you put it). It would seem 3-HO subs are more dissociating, and if it's true that 3-HO-PCP has appreciable affinity for the µ-opioid receptor, the anxiolysis that follows would make a lot of sense. Furthermore, 3-HO-PCE supposedly doesn't have affinity for any opioid receptors and it copies that it's not quite as chill as its phencyclidine counterpart.

I am reminded of the odd fact that the two optical isomers of methorphan have completely different drug classifications. The d-isomer is DXM and dextromethorphan is a dissociative drug found commonly in Robitussin, et al. Whilst somehow levomethorphan, the l-isomer of methorphan, is an opioid. Not that anesthesia and opioids are super distant in the grand drug pantheon, but still: this amazes me.

Edit: in sum w/r/t the above, I second your guess that 3-Me-PCP should be the most similar in effect to PCP, but the proof, as always, lies in the proverbial arylcyclohexylamine pudding…

I am reminded of the odd fact that the two optical isomers of methorphan have completely different drug classifications. The d-isomer is DXM and dextromethorphan is a dissociative drug found commonly in Robitussin, et al. Whilst somehow levomethorphan, the l-isomer of methorphan, is an opioid. Not that anesthesia and opioids are super distant in the grand drug pantheon, but still: this amazes me.

Didn't know about this, pretty interesting. I guess we have a long way to go to really understand the pharmacology of this compounds. They seem so full of surprises.

Also, welcome to the forum :)
Very insightful first couple of posts !

[Re: dissos being] "full of surprises" […]

Agreed. Consider: PCP itself was discovered accidentally by Harold Maddox at Parke Davis in Michigan while developing a new Grignard reaction… However, we're not totally in the dark regarding NMDA-receptor antagonists, and PCP (Seronyl) and Ketamine's effects have been documented to at least some extent. I think the surprises stem from the fact that we don't fully grasp the phenomenon of consciousness, and the unpredictability is regarding qualitative, subject effects; not so much effects measurable by third party or via medical instrumentation. It requires the patient to communicate their experience with their own words.

Not coincidentally, this is also the problem present when discussing how much pain a patient is currently experiencing. We have no "pain-o-meter" and no accurate way to know whether there is patient malingering (faking) or perhaps some patient in real pain but too valiant, or similar emotion, to say something.

Also, welcome to the forum :)
Very insightful first couple of posts !

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've trawled through these forums for many years, just only now came around to signing up. I admire the sense of community, and after losing many valuable posts on Reddit to subreddit-banning, I hope a few of my diatribes here on Bluelight will remain longer. I'm setting my intention to be helpful and illuminate some truths about psychoactive substances. Oh and if anyone is interested, some of my best Reddit posts that weren't in banned subs can still be seen here: https://reddit.com/user/entactoBob/comments/?sort=top

It would be a shame to limit yourself to 1 particular high when there's so many good arylcyclohexylamines...

It would be a shame to limit yourself to 1 particular high when there's so many good arylcyclohexylamines...
Also a shame: limiting the scope to a chemistry-based taxonomy. Its pharmacodynamic class = n-methyl-d-aspartate-receptor antagonist, but that's still missing the point in a couple of clutch ways…
  • Firstly, why limit yourself to just one group/type of high? Here it's dissos, but why limit yourself there when there are so many good psychotropic drugs in general?
  • Secondly, RowdyMic didn't imply a one-drug limit as your statement suggests (despite its subjunctive mode); where'd you get that idea? Nostalgia for sherm coupled with the availability of similar RC dissos sparked an interest in revisiting that particular high as closely as possible via RC substitution.
To your point, virtually all of these dissociatives are worthy of trying out and none of them are exactly phencyclidine clones. And obviously some are better than others. It's a rare breed, those who enjoy the DXM high, for example. That's why cough syrup containing DXM.HBr is still over-the-counter. The "vice", if you will, contains sufficient punishment in and of itself and its very effects. No legislation necessary, lol.

15 years ago I was getting strait liquid pcp. The guy would dip an end of a cigarette into the vial, and we’d suck the liquid through the cigarette and smoke it. We’d have a blast. Now there is like 3-MeO-PCP or 4-MeO-PCP and many more.. also they’re legal! Which ones are closest to what I’m talking about?
This is a list of them
Weird, when I do a search on bluelight for 3-HO-PCP or 3-HO-PCE it comes up with nada, yet here it is listed.
Have been looking for any advice about dosing on these if anyone has experience.

Weird, when I do a search on bluelight for 3-HO-PCP or 3-HO-PCE it comes up with nada, yet here it is listed.
Have been looking for any advice about dosing on these if anyone has experience.
3 ho pcp is a fantastic drug. I find it the most “feel good” of all the PCP analogs.
10mg would be a good dose to get an idea of what it does without getting too far out.

I’ve only had 3 ho pce once or twice because i didn’t get enough of it to binge so I’ve been spreading out my usage of it. I still have around 200mgs to work with to try to understand it’s character better. I didn’t get much out of my low experiences of around 10mg. This one is a little less potent than 3 ho pcp. I’d still start with 10mg but you won’t get as much out of it at that dose as you would 3 ho pcp.

I just tried searching for these terms after reading your comment and found that to be the case as well. So I tried searching just for "pcp" – no results. Odd. Searched for "weed" and results came back. Then next I tried the term "phencyclidine" and found results for that, too. So next I tried "3hopcp" without spaces or hyphens and that brought back comments and posts that contained that exact spelling as results. I also tried hijacking the URL and replacing the search parameter term with "pcp" but it made no difference – still no results.

Accordingly my theory is that a term like "3-HO-PCP" gets parsed as "3", "HO" and "PCP", but none of them trigger the search engine because perhaps it is intentionally set only to accept search terms with more than three letters. For example, a search for the term "LSD" produces no results, but a search for "MDMA" produces copious results.

Yeah I have experience with 5 out of 9 of these. The following are my dosing suggestions for oral or nasal administration, with the obvious exception of 3-Cl-PCP, which I'm told is too painful to administer via insufflation (I wouldn't know personally; I'll take people's word for it).
If left blank, I simply haven't tried it yet. 3-F-PCP should be somewhere close to the other 3-subbed halogen, 3-Cl-PCP. Maybe someone else can fill in the rest? Idk, but good luck

Weird, when I do a search on bluelight for 3-HO-PCP or 3-HO-PCE it comes up with nada
Whenever your search doesn't turn up something, click on the "PDs best threads index" button at the top of this sub-forums to find links to all of the megathreads about particular psychedelic substances.

I had a serious seizure and wound up in the hospital from an overdose of 3-meo-pcp. I was already high on it when I had a serious urge to try and find a dose that would be a hole. I was probably on 15mg when I decided that it would be ok to lick my finger and stick it into a gram baggie and consume whatever stuck to my finger.

I came too two hours later in the hospital having come in seizing and the nurses saying they tried everything to get the seizing to stop. My cousin was along and she video'd some of it.

Long story short be careful with all of these analogs!

Last edited:
I had a serious seizure and wound up in the hospital from an overdose of 3-meo-pcp. I was already high on it when I had a serious urge to try and find a dose that would be a hole. I was probably on 15mg when I decided that it would be ok to lick my finger and stick it into a gram baggie and consume whatever stuck to my finger.

I came too two hours later in the hospital having come in seizing and the nurses saying they tried everything to get the seizing to stop. My cousin was along and she video'd some of it.

Long story short be careful with all of these analogs!
Careful yes, but more specifically, a solid policy for anyone who is a fan of imbibing milligram active substances sometimes only a few years old and with zero human research, is to never just stick your finger into a baggie and lick it.

This is how people die, it's happened countless times. Dose with the aid of a milligram scale, always. 15mg is a pretty intoxicating dose already (at least it would be for me) so your stupidity in the moment can be forgiven and I'm glad you survived - but if this isn't the very first time you've done something like this, probably you've been cultivating bad and dangerous habits by being lazy about properly measuring your dosages in less sketchy situations - the end result being that the neural pathways towards this action were not too hard to find for your PCP addled brain. Please, don't eyeball, even if you think you're experienced enough to do so, your actions have the potential to influence not only those around you but also future versions of yourself, no matter how lazy you're feeling at the time or how benign the substance in question is.

Not meaning to just single you out btw simstim, I get it you were intoxicated and we all do dumb shit from time to time, just can't help myself making a PSA of sorts coz this kind of thing is still too common.

Anyway as far as the thread topic, I hear 3-MeO-PCP is the most similar to PCP itself sometimes although I can't independently vouch for this.

Personally I'd love to try 4-MeO-PCP but it doesn't seem to be around anymore. Hopefully one day.

Careful yes, but more specifically, a solid policy for anyone who is a fan of imbibing milligram active substances sometimes only a few years old and with zero human research, is to never just stick your finger into a baggie and lick it.

This is how people die, it's happened countless times. Dose with the aid of a milligram scale, always. 15mg is a pretty intoxicating dose already (at least it would be for me) so your stupidity in the moment can be forgiven and I'm glad you survived - but if this isn't the very first time you've done something like this, probably you've been cultivating bad and dangerous habits by being lazy about properly measuring your dosages in less sketchy situations - the end result being that the neural pathways towards this action were not too hard to find for your PCP addled brain. Please, don't eyeball, even if you think you're experienced enough to do so, your actions have the potential to influence not only those around you but also future versions of yourself, no matter how lazy you're feeling at the time or how benign the substance in question is.

Not meaning to just single you out btw simstim, I get it you were intoxicated and we all do dumb shit from time to time, just can't help myself making a PSA of sorts coz this kind of thing is still too common.

Anyway as far as the thread topic, I hear 3-MeO-PCP is the most similar to PCP itself sometimes although I can't independently vouch for this.

Personally I'd love to try 4-MeO-PCP but it doesn't seem to be around anymore. Hopefully one day.

I quite enjoyed 4-meo-pcp, had a few great holes on it. Only downside was the lack of potency. Back then I wasn't to fond of disso's but 4-meo-pcp was nice.

Never tried original PCP, but 3-MeO-PCP or 3-HO-PCP are your closest bets. Check out this paper if you have the time/know-how to do so (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0059334). In it, there is detailed binding information of the most closely-related analogues to PCP (Phencyclidine). See this image (). Don't worry about the details, and let me know if you have a question. The greatest pull-away is that where the given drug binds is close to what PCPs activity is like and so the effects are basically the same. 3-HO-PCP is not included here, but it is going to be very similar.