• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

I'm still doing the MTGA thing myself. I did take some time to play some X-Com now that I have my IKO set complete & some time before M21. Hoping to finish X-Com this week. As for MTGA I've been doing my dailies in the standard ranked queue & have creeped up to Platinum 1. Might try & see if I can't hit diamond this season. My "local store" (not at all local but I digress) has a historic tournament tonight. Trying to decide if I should make a deck for it, bring my standard deck & hope or just pass on it. I don't have any cards whatsoever for historic. I guess we'll see. I'm considering trying to spend some more time on other games as well. I really miss Dawn of War & the accompanying mod scene. I'm thinking I'll re-install it after I complete X-Com.

The main issue being the time involved. It can be a bit of a hassle configuring the game as well as dealing with the absurd amount of mods I bring in. DOW seems to be one of the better ways for me to get my WH40K fix. I've never played the tabletop but enjoy the setting. :)

I can relate to the time-involved thing. One of my games is very time consumptive, but thankfully I guess I have the time to finally sink into it?

It doesn't make sense they had lockdowns when covid was low and it's spiking in CA and they're not shutting down... makes me think we're in for another lockdown when the hospitals start having queue lines out the doors

I haven't played PC games in 10+ years, but when I did I played Starcraft, Maple Story and Black and White

I love watching pro level Starcraft 2 games on youtube. There's just something about it that's fun. I used to play a bit too, but I kinda sucked. I also used to play Black and White! You have good taste :)

Currently playing a bunch of Civ VI and the occasional bit of Counterstrike.

I love watching pro level Starcraft 2 games on youtube. There's just something about it that's fun. I used to play a bit too, but I kinda sucked. I also used to play Black and White! You have good taste :)

Currently playing a bunch of Civ VI and the occasional bit of Counterstrike.

Nice! I didn't have a computer capable of playing it properly when SC2 came out. :cry:

The machine I had couldn't really even handle it on lowest settings single player. It was a huge disappointment for me as I'd really hoped to give it a try competitively. I played the original competitively & was a top 10 ladder player for years. I missed out on what would have been a top 3 finish due to a disconnect sadly enough. I haven't played RTS competitively since high school though. I miss that genre actually. I think I'm going to see about collecting M21 (comes out tomorrow) quickly & give some other games a whirl. :unsure:

Dawn of War would give me a RTS fix as well as WH40K but Civ 6 is also calling my name. I love the Civ series (been playing since the original) but have yet to play 6. I own it & all the expansions except the newest one but have yet to take the time to play it. I really do need to make the time & play it. The Civ series is just such a good series. I have such an absurd backlog though that it's not even right. That was one of the reasons I was so hesitant to get into MTGA as I know it's a major time sink especially if trying to play without spending much. I might want to consider just spending some $ &/or less time on it. Now that you've mentioned SC2 I for some reason really want to buy SC Remastered & give it a whirl. I may have to look into purchasing a copy. I don't even remember my Battle.net info. Though at this point it would have been mostly WOW stuff seeing as SC2 didn't run well enough for me to have played that much. I never even finished the single player campaign. I just searched my computer room for SC2 actually. I could have sworn I still had it around here somewhere but I don't see it. I could be recalling incorrectly. Either way it doesn't matter as I don't have a optical drive on this computer but I digress.

I'm off to see if I can't get my dailies done quick on MTGA & consider finishing X-Com. As mentioned I'd like to move on to playing some other games. I enjoyed X-Com quite a bit but considering I have the second one & a million other games to play I won't play through a second time after I finish it. Usually I play games more than once but lately I haven't been. I wouldn't mind playing through Total War: Warhammer II again for example. Regardless of what I decide to play I better stop dicking around on Bluelight & get gaming. ;)

Highest rank ever on Overwatch!

MACHIAVELLI IN THIS BIATCH!

Nice! Congrats my friend. (y)

I'm hoping to hit my highest in MTGA this afternoon when I do my dailies. Hoping to crack into diamond tier in standard ranked. I'm stuck in platinum 1 ATM. The last few times I played it I keep getting 2 wins from hitting diamond then I get shit luck & go on a losing streak. Hopefully I have better luck with it today. I took a little break from MTG last night & rather than playing in a FNM tourney I ended up finishing X-Com. :) I quite enjoyed the game & am looking forward to playing the sequel. At some point I'd like to replay it with the Long War mod. I gave WH40K Sanctus Reach a whirl as well. I wasn't overly impressed. I may give it another whirl as perhaps I was just playing at to slow a pace but I don't know. Honestly if I want my WH40K fix I should just reinstall Dawn of War: Soulstorm. I likely will before to long as I do miss it. I went ahead & installed Civ 6 & a couple of other games just to have them ready to go if I want to try them out. I figure I'll wait until the season resets before drafting M21 on MTGA though I'll still do my dailies. That gives me a few days to mess with other games & see if I want to mix things up a bit more or stick with MTGA as main focus. I really could go for some RTS. Really considering acquiring SC remastered or perhaps C&C remastered. I have Ashes of the Singularity Escalations & Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak that I could consider as well. They both ended up in my collection at some point & I have yet to play them.

I'm sure I'll get some of my RTS with DOW: SS but I still want to do some other RTS playing. The two I just mentioned have decent reviews & might warrant a play through. As for today I'm going to do my dailies & I think I'm gonna give Blood: Fresh Supply a whirl. I forgot I owned it until I saw an ad for it on sale today. I've been in the mood for a FPS & I enjoyed Blood back in the day so I'm thinking I'll play that later. I still remember when you try to wash your hands Caleb saying "But I like my hands bloody!" =D Should be fun.

Let us know how it turns out schiz, I love those 3rd person action games ;)
I know you do :alien:

Been enjoying playing it

Star-Wars-Jedi-Fallen-Order-Screenshot-2019.11.17-11.26.48.08-1.png

Currently playing the political process, trying to get weed legalized in North Carolina

Currently playing the political process, trying to get weed legalized in North Carolina

Keep up the good fight. I'll be moving there later this year myself. Cannabis acquisition is one of my concerns post move actually. :\ The game your playing doesn't sound like a very fun game to play but I wish you the best of luck in your efforts!

As for myself I'm back on MTG Arena. Started drafting M21 yesterday after the season reset. Not doing to swell so far TBH. :! First draft went fine but the last two I went 1-3. I hate wasting resources like that! One of those was my fault as I didn't take the draft low early advice into account enough & ended up with a deck that was lacking a low enough curve. The curve was just a bit to high for this speed of a format. So I can understand that I got hammered there as I kept dying 1 turn before turning things around &/or winning. I adjusted accordingly for the next draft but sadly enough I ended up facing some just plain ridiculously good decks. Teferi's Tutelage is just plain absurd BO1. I had waited for the season reset so I'd be playing at a lower rank but may have run into other players that had just reset as well. Perhaps I should have waited a few more days for people to re-rank up but I digress. Hopefully today goes better as I'll be doing some drafting here in a bit I think. In terms of constructed after the reset I gave it a quick whirl & went from gold 4 back up to platinum 4 with 1 loss using my Mono Red deck. Ran into some real interesting brews & it was quite fun. 🙂

Other than that since it was mentioned I ended up looking into SC2. I couldn't find my copy of it (no optical drive to use it anyways) but discovered it's become FTP. Seeing as I never got to play through the campaign & what not I've started that as well. I'm enjoying it so far. We'll see how it compares to the original. I did play SC2 a bit when it first came out but as I've mentioned my PC could barely run it to the point of it being basically unplayable. So this is basically my first real experience with it. I'm quite looking forward to it. If M21 hadn't just dropped I would definitely be going all in on it. I'll have to see how I can divide my gaming time between all the things pulling at me. :LOL:

Keep up the good fight. I'll be moving there later this year myself. Cannabis acquisition is one of my concerns post move actually. :\ The game your playing doesn't sound like a very fun game to play but I wish you the best of luck in your efforts!

As for myself I'm back on MTG Arena. Started drafting M21 yesterday after the season reset. Not doing to swell so far TBH. :! First draft went fine but the last two I went 1-3. I hate wasting resources like that! One of those was my fault as I didn't take the draft low early advice into account enough & ended up with a deck that was lacking a low enough curve. The curve was just a bit to high for this speed of a format. So I can understand that I got hammered there as I kept dying 1 turn before turning things around &/or winning. I adjusted accordingly for the next draft but sadly enough I ended up facing some just plain ridiculously good decks. Teferi's Tutelage is just plain absurd BO1. I had waited for the season reset so I'd be playing at a lower rank but may have run into other players that had just reset as well. Perhaps I should have waited a few more days for people to re-rank up but I digress. Hopefully today goes better as I'll be doing some drafting here in a bit I think. In terms of constructed after the reset I gave it a quick whirl & went from gold 4 back up to platinum 4 with 1 loss using my Mono Red deck. Ran into some real interesting brews & it was quite fun. 🙂

Other than that since it was mentioned I ended up looking into SC2. I couldn't find my copy of it (no optical drive to use it anyways) but discovered it's become FTP. Seeing as I never got to play through the campaign & what not I've started that as well. I'm enjoying it so far. We'll see how it compares to the original. I did play SC2 a bit when it first came out but as I've mentioned my PC could barely run it to the point of it being basically unplayable. So this is basically my first real experience with it. I'm quite looking forward to it. If M21 hadn't just dropped I would definitely be going all in on it. I'll have to see how I can divide my gaming time between all the things pulling at me. :LOL:
It is if you like the “democratic process” I wish they would introduce the ability to declare war and the more fucked up things in politics. I’d love to make my version of trump lol except with absolute power. I feel sorry for you NC has decriminalized but as for medical access the best we got is cbd for the mass and select few with epilepsy get to have a whopping .9 percent thc. We have decriminalized to a degree but only up to half an ounce and you still get a charge we are behind about 20 years here still

is Tower of Time good? It's on Steam sale right now for 60% off but I probably won't get around to playing it until the next time it's on sale