• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

I started my first game of 'Traditional Draft\. I've played two matches so far. I didn't win my first match sadly enough. I lost the first, won the second & then barely lost the 3rd round. All where surprisingly close. I look at my recent opponents list though & see this! 8)

As you can see if you look at the image the second opponent on the list is my first ever game of traditional draft. Look at my luck! 😂 My first game is vs the #18 ranked limited (draft) player in the world at the moment!
I was thinking maybe my tracking app was wrong or something but I checked the list @ MTGA Mythic Leaderboard (TOP Players) & there was 'Agame' staring back at me on the list.

Somewhat ironic that I figured since 'premiere draft' is also ranked & now that I'm platinum I'm at a rank from what I've read everyone is drafting to win as opposed to any rare drafters I'd switch to traditional where it doesn't match you based on rank. I'm not sure how it matches you TBH but not on rank. As the two opponents I've faced so far are as far apart rank wise as you could get. It figures I end up against someone way higher ranked when I try to avoid it! 😜

So now I feel relatively proud of myself for only barely losing! It's not like I got crushed or anything. Hell I even pulled off a win in one the rounds & I came close to victory in the last round. So I'm pretty happy with myself. As I mentioned in the last post I think I've been doubting myself needlessly. :\

Especially when I consider that opponents like 'Agame' are 100% for sure drafting cards to win. I'm 'rare drafting' (picking every rare that comes by) to build my collection with winning as a secondary condition. As a result anyone who is 'rare drafting' is already inherently at a severe disadvantage when it comes time to play the game. I was happy with the draft though as with the number of rares (9) I was able to pick up the cost of the draft ended up being economical. Considering the higher cost of traditional drafting one needs to grab at least 7.5 rares per draft to make it more economical than just buying packs without factoring in the wild cards one would get from opening the packs. This is not factoring in winning anything back from the draft. If one manages to win back gems it becomes a great value proposition but since I haven't done enough to predict my win rate in this format as opposed to 'quick' I'm not factoring that in yet.

I'm rambling as usual though. I did win my next match vs coldbrew 2-1. Who knows what rank my next opponent will be but here's hoping I can win my final match of this draft. 🤞

First of the binge, lets go!
XD8oHCV.png

I was playing sea of thieves I took out a free trial to test it out but it wasn’t for me, I really wanted to like it but there were a number of issues like a sink my boat and lost the treasure and I couldn’t navigate easily with the map system.

I like to play Alice madness returns on my pc, GTA but I am cutting back on playing that. I got a big game library on steam but I don’t always play many of the games. I love some of the newer tomb raider games that I brought on pc.

I used to play World of Warcraft. I sometimes miss raiding - WotLK and early Cataclysm was when I stopped playing. I never got the Lich King down on heroic, 10 or 25 man.

Now, I don't even own a computer.

I used to play World of Warcraft. I sometimes miss raiding - WotLK and early Cataclysm was when I stopped playing. I never got the Lich King down on heroic, 10 or 25 man.

I used to play wow all the time, I would play it atleast 6 hours a day, and shot on the weekends I'd play 16 or more hours. I eventually got burnt out with it and started to get back into playing team fortress 2.
Are you using your phone to post on Bluelight? Or are you like at a friend's or something.
They do make RuneScape for mobile, and it's fun to play too. I mean it will help with boredom if you are anything like me. :)

Are you using your phone to post on Bluelight?

Yeah, I use Bluelight on my Galaxy S10. My beautiful gaming computer was a casualty of my addiction - lost it for 120 bucks at the pawn store because I was 2 days past the 60 days before I could afford it. Cost me over $2,000 to build. Makes me so depressed sometimes. I built it when I was still able to work and had a good income - I'll never be able to afford to make one like that again. And the monitor was just awesome, it was a 21:9 ratio, and really made an awesome difference, especially in World of Warcraft believe it or not - and just for general productivity.

And yeah, for time, I used to literally come home from work and had mandatory 3 hour raid times 4x per week, and that didn't include the massive time it was required to farm, do professions and keep up on gear. Every single point of DPS could make a difference between wiping for 3 hours straight or finally getting a boss down after a week of misery.

I loved the math involved with theorycrafting and min/maxing.

Serioulsy, thanks for the tip about Runescape. I'll check it out for sure!

I played until the around the same time IIRC. Looking at my shelf I see a box for Cataclysm but I'm pretty sure I stopped playing it actively before then. I had an 80 of every class (Horde) prior to Cataclysm & raided on the regular as well. I honestly don't recall to much of what I did though. My memory is terribad. I do recall enjoying it for quite some time. It eventually got old though. Started to feel more like a job than a game. :\

Speaking of which :rolleyes: I'm still on the MTG Arena wagon. I figured I'd take a day off drafting & see if I couldn't go up a tier in standard. Got up to platinum using an off-meta version of Mono Black Obosh. I don't have the Rotting Regisaurs which really hurts the deck though. I throw in a pair of Doom Whisperers as an alternative game ender. Seeing as it's different from the meta version the unexpectedness can often be a game changer. It can be fun to build something that looks like a meta deck at first glance to throw off opponents. I'm considering just using the WC's & throwing together a meta deck. I missed out on Redbull Untapped but I'd like to see about giving the Arena Open a whirl. The chances of winning are slim to none but the prize structure is interesting. It appears that rather than traditional prize structure everyone that qualified for day 2 & then proceeds to get 7 wins on day 2 gets $1,000. That's different. :unsure:

We'll see if it's worth it to me to give entering a try. IIRC you can enter with gold so technically it wouldn't cost any real $ to enter if you did it right. Though at this point it's looking like standard is just who mirror matches of who can use Lukka to cheat Agent in first. :|
275426c4-c14e-47d0-a9d4-24da7f6f6911.jpg
5798fdf0-d178-43d9-b821-8f3f654654b4.jpg
cc6686e6-4535-49be-b0b3-e76464656cd2.jpg

The whole repetiveness thing can get a bit old but ATM it's definitely the deck to beat. It's very hard to recover if they curve right into an Agent & steal your land. If they had put non land permanent rather than permanent it'd be a little less aggravating but I digress. With what's required for the various tier 1 meta decks ATM in terms of wild cards Mono Red Obosh is what I'd likely pick. Mono Red Obosh would require the least WC's I think? In terms of using WC's on cards that won't be useable in standard after rotation it's definitely the least in my case. I try not to use any WC's on anything that will rotate out in the fall. Perhaps I should consider it with how hard it is to play standard without having sets of the shock lands. Though if I'm spending my WC's all willy-nilly it's tempting to just grab the Yorion Lukka deck as most of the cards are quite useful until fall rotation & it's the favored deck. I have the Yorion & two each of Lukka & the Agent. However between lacking the lands, Teferi, etc. it's a pile of WC's compared to other decks. I like Temur Adventures quite a bit but am missing to much from it to even consider it. I'm slowly backfilling Throne of Eldraine buying packs with daily rewards. I hope the set it as a quick draft one of these days. 🤞

One of these days I have to make up my mind if I going so "all in" on one game is worth it. I still haven't even taken the time to finish my X-Com campaign! I have so much in my backlog that I'm not playing. Honestly that's one of the main reasons I generally avoid multi player games like the plague. :\ I tend to be ridiculously competitive by nature & generally end up taking things to seriously. I'm enjoying it so far but need to be sure I keep it that way. 😆

Anyway I'll quit rambling as IIRC only a couple of other posters are familiar with the game to begin with. 😉 Glad to see you're still raking in the drops @schizopath. Best of luck my friend. :)

I played in FNM tournament at my "local" store. Seeing as I never found one locally I play at a store somewhere in Delaware. Seeing as I had issues in my first tourney last week using just what I had for a Mono Black Obosh deck & ended up losing to the 3rd place player & tying for 7th I decided to sayt fuck it I'll spend wild cards & try for real. So with 30 min to spare I came to the conclusion Mono Red Obosh or Mono White Lurrus Auras would be my best bet WC wise. Looking at Mono Red Obosh the cards I needed were from ELD mostly which is use-able post rotation this fall so I figured why not. I checked a few of the top meta Mono Red Obosh lists to compare them to what I thought would be best. I then put together a deck & side board according to taste, practiced for 15 min & joined the tourney. Out of the 18 players I ended up taking 3rd place. I lost to the gold medalist & winner of the tournament in a closely contested tie-breaker match. It was some tough match-ups. Ran into Bant Yorion & Jeskai Yorion Lukka twice. The final match was against a Lukka deck & they pulled a Lukka into Agent on curve. :\

It was a really fun experience though! I was thrilled to take third in my first time actually trying at a tourney. It would have been nice to win that final tie-breaker & get first but I'm happy with my performance. It looks like I won an Ikoria promo pack. I'm not sure if I just get a booster or if a promo pack is something more. I'll have to watch the mail & see. Something to look forward to. :) The winner of the tournament streamed there game vs another store's tournament winner & I saw they were Mythic ranked. It was nice to see that I lost to someone higher ranked. Speaking of which I jumped on the standard ladder to see how well I could make my new deck perform. I ranked up from Gold to Platinum before giving it a rest. Looking forward to playing the deck more in the future. I'll be participating in future FNM tourneys at the store if available. I'll have to decide on how I want to spend my time vs collecting via draft if I want decide to rank up though. :unsure: Either way I'm happy with my decision to spend my WC. (y)