• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Been playing a lot of Empire: Total War. Thinking about buying Shogun 2 or perhaps Napoleon as I enjoy the more modernized armies. Fucking love the Total War Series!
Yup been playing Shogun 2 myself past two days, probably the best Total War, after Rome 1 of course. Napoleon is pretty good as well, but objectively Shogun is the better game. Fall of the Samurai expansion probably has better gun mechanics than Napoleon even. Never played Empire though, but I think I'd like Napoleon better anyway.

Magic The Gathering: Arena mostly. I discovered that the game I played in high school was still around & more well known. The cards I had in high school that I sold for a couple hundred $ or lost are now worth a couple hundred grand. Fuck me. Somehow I missed finding that information out in the last decade. :|

Regardless; I'm enjoying playing the game again. Though being late to the party has me behind the curve. Other than that in terms of PC gaming I'm finishing up my first play through of X-Com - Enemy Unknown. I modded the hell out of the original X-Com back in the day. I'm a big strategy fan. Turn based or real time. Though RTS appears to have declined greatly in the years I was without a gaming PC. I missed some that I should go back & play but was surprised to see how much the genre has declined. Back in the day Starcraft for example was such a success. With South Korea being an interesting example of gaming culture at the time. From what I can see FPS / Battle Royale type games seem to be most popular now a days but I digress.

I have such a huge backlog it's fucking absurd. Civ 6, X-Com 2, the newer expansions / updates for Total War: Warhammer 2, & War for the Overworld to name like a 5th of them if that. :rolleyes: With all the years I had without a gaming PC I went overboard on getting games on sale & such. I was so excited to finally have a system capable of playing modern games that I bought more than I could play right off. Now I just need to make the time to play them. It's always a hard choice as to what to play next. Thought MTG Arena is a bad one for me to play as it's multi-player & open ended being a card game. As such it can be more time consuming than say a RPG or other game that you play through once. I must prioritize. :p

The cards I had in high school that I sold for a couple hundred $ or lost are now worth a couple hundred grand. Fuck me. Somehow I missed finding that information out in the last decade.
That's how it goes heh. Holding onto my first gen Pokemon cards and old school game consoles, they jump in value every year. Will probably sell the cards off but I'm gonna keep the old consoles. My Genesis is a first gen and it's worth like 500% of what I paid for it ten years back. Same with my N64, got it in good condition for $25, now they sell for over $100 depending on condition.

Skyrim vr edition and The Witcher 3. I can talk a lot about these games but I can't say too much about exact viatual reality edition of Skyrim. You know I've been playing some vr games like Beat Saber before but I couldn't imagine that game industry made such a big step ahead. There are new vr app development services wich provide vr/ar games of new generation and it seems like the future has been already begun.

Last edited:
Playing Overwatch waiting for the bupre to hit me in the feelz. Been on a pretty good roll lately propably from lowering my mouse sensitivity.

Last edited:
That's how it goes heh. Holding onto my first gen Pokemon cards and old school game consoles, they jump in value every year. Will probably sell the cards off but I'm gonna keep the old consoles. My Genesis is a first gen and it's worth like 500% of what I paid for it ten years back. Same with my N64, got it in good condition for $25, now they sell for over $100 depending on condition.
Friend of mine sold his PS2 & PS3 for 1000$, guy didn't even want the games with it lol

Wow, you can find PS2's and PS3's all day long at under $150.00 on "those auction web sites;" your friend did well for himself.

Heck, Sony is actually auctioning factory refurbs for $165.00 and free shipping. :cool:

Yeah it was because both were the first editions or something? Can't really remember but I can say that the money was well spent ;)

Could be ... There's a buyer for everything if one waits long enough, I suppose. ;)

I bought one of just about every console I could get my hands on. Could say I have a video game addiction I suppose. I still play way more games on the PC, though.

No that was Ken Kesey, Madness.

I do wear one of those leather Aussie hats, though :cool:

Or in the winter I wear the same wool watch cap I was issued in the USAF.