• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC PC Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Anyone have any luck obtaining a Nvidia 30 series GPU or AMD 6000 series, mostly a 6800 or 6800 Xt ? Not on Ebay either for 3x MSRP

Thanks in advance

I've got a PNY RTX 3090, karambit.

I saw RTX 2080ti' s go for as high as $2800 USD and those are one gen old, LOL.

What a nightmare it is out there !

I've got a PNY RTX 3090, karambit.

I saw RTX 2080ti' s go for as high as $2800 USD and those are one gen old, LOL.

What a nightmare it is out there !
Ahh Nice Cheshire_Kat !! Did you pick it up on Ebay or were you luckier to procure from Newegg or BestBuy etc.. ?

Dusted off my old Roller Coaster Tycoon games and been enjoying it. They have really come a long way with computer graphics and such. Feels like yesterday when I was playing Sim City, Park, and Zoo. Now they have Planet Coaster/Zoo and sure there is a Planet City game out there somewhere.

2D graphic games were the shit growing up. Seem like they were easier for noobs to learn how to play and have fun.

I need to get into some more games. I worked so hard (waited in line 3 times for 8 hours each to get a 3080 GPU, and new AMD 7 series CPU) to build out a gaming PC. Played a few new games for a few months but am mainly playing Age of Empires 2 (which is basically a new game with all the updates Microsoft has given it the past few years in anticipation of Age of Empire 4 coming out).

It is just such a good fucking game - had it for decades and still can play a game or two a few times a week.

I am not using the GPU that much in AoE 2, but man the newer CPU makes a huge diff in this type of game, probably one of the few genres that CPU bounds systems instead of being GPU bound - keeping up with all the actions those individual units have to do is normally more complicated than rendering the comparatively simple graphics these game types use.

I Can turn the AI up to hardest and have 8 teams on a map with 500 unit cap and get a steady 100FPS. My last PC had no where near as good a GPU or CPU and would stutter and lag like f*** when I did something like that, the harder settings really slowed it down in addition to more teams / units.
Which brand of GPU and did you get it at Microcenter or BestBuy ?

You worked so hard for that killer GPU and CPU only to brag about how good it runs AoE, a 22 year old game? =D

Jk, I agree in spirit, fantastic game
Yeah but AoE2 in the past could be like Diablo 2 in a way..
Don't play Necromancer, i.e don't have too many units on the map.
On older PCs, even some of the "newer" ones later on(say around 2005 to 2010) had issues displaying all the units without having serious FPS breaks :)
That's why games like that actually need much more power than was available at the time, if you want to have very large battles.

Just downloaded a cracked Biomutant today. CAN I SAY THE CODEX MUSIC IS ON FIRE THIS TIME ROUND
brendon urie rave GIF

200.gif

I've been jamming on R-Type Final 2. It's a sold Arcade Side Scrolling Space Shooter (say that five times real fast) It does what you'd expect and runs beautifully on even modest hardware, the graphics look fresh and up to date while retaining the signature style of the originals. Not for everyone, but I like it !

🚀 🌘....🌞

has anybody experience with retroarch on an old 1ghz 1gb netbook? it runs on xubuntu atm. planing to play some old nes, megadrive and perhaps snes titles.

Nothing recently, work has been a fucking grind - but we are hiring up some more people so should get better.
There's gotta be some kind of game time or break period. When I was in school I would always look forward to video games after I got home. Even after work I game. Idk it just occupies my mind with a thrill like watching a movie. Some games you can really get into like

Well I guess the best game in the world has copyright even when you record it lmao
here's this