• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids PAWs and WD

agreed with this as well - i wish i could make it past day one without lining something up. i don't know how anyone does it; must take a helluva lot of willpower.

It takes being so sick of the opioid prison you are living in and all the negative effects they bring to your life....that you just go through the torture of withdrawal. This is the only way to do it short of being locked in a rehab where you can't leave.

I posted in another thread I started in otherdrugs about a minimal withdrawal I just went through after 5 years of being dependent on opioids. I did a long taper down to almost nothing....which had me feeling like medium shit for a couple months instead of like fullblown shit for a more acute and horrrific cold turkey withdrawal. tapering takes much discipline in that you must always keep yourself feeling slightly shitty and lower each successive dose....it was easy to do even though i had abundant opioids laying around because I just wanted to be free so badly of thesse drugs. It was worth it. I'm 6 days off of opiates and have never felt better physically and especially enjoy not having to worry about taking more opioids or getting them

lucisSdreamer - that's awesome to hear, much congrats to you! i can imagine it must have been difficult to say the least to have that type of discipline.

i am sick of it though - i feel like a dirbag around my family, shitty at my job (somehow i manage to still be good at it). but i just can't get through the shittiness of WD's. i appreciate the advice nonetheless, good to know there's someone out there who's done it.

having to go to work everyday is enough to make it impossible.....try a disciplined taper then see if you can get some vacation for one or two weeks when you cease altogether

having a positive mindset and not focusing on withdrawal is the best thing besides adding comfort meds like gabapentin/pregabalin, clonodine, benzo's, lopermide (recommended dosages for the shits). if you constantly think about how shitty you feel it only makes it worse. the human mind is a very powerful thing. example: just think of those times where you were dope sick and you made a call and your dealer was good, i can almost guarentee most people start to feel better just hearing that you're going to score. that's because your mind is very powerful. i know it's cliche but try to think happy thoughts. and personally taking off of work just so i can withdrawl makes it worse because then you have nothing to focus on but feeling shitty. at least when you're at work you focus on other things besides just how shitty you feel. i know everyone experiences withdrawal differently so that's just my 2 cents.

Thanks guys, read all your post, very useful. The long and winding, painful, road to opiate abstinence.

Regarding the impact of dopamine agonists increasing withdrawal- I think that you will only be left with speed-like comedown for a couple days; but it will lessen the opiat withdrawal by allowing the upregulated opiate receptors to be reduced to normal. Opiates are indirect dopamne agonist through action at the opiate receptors which regulate your GABA-NMDA system.

all good advice - and you're absolutely right: once that phone starts to ring, it's almost cry-happy worthy lol. i believe i could do it with a weeks vacation and some helpful temporary prescriptions (clonidine, a benzo) - i'm considering seeking out an outpatient facility i've been made aware of where they provide you with exactly those things to quit at home, just haven't sacked up to do it yet.

The meds I use, and whether I just try to stop cold turkey depends on the severity of the withdrawal for me.

If I went on a heavy run, suboxone maintenance is what I tend to go for, since the acute phase of WD will likely be severe, and PAWS is imminent. If I go on a moderate run, I try the non-narcotic way of WD, comfort meds like clonidine (hate the dry mouth it gives me), gabapentin, promethazine, lope, etc.... If it was a very light run, then I just will go cold turkey.

My main problem is relapse though. The depression and boredom is what kills me every time. I lose interest in things I used to be interested in, social anxiety rises, and life just seems dull and drags. I just try to tell myself it will pass. It really is a tough battle, but it's about surrounding yourself with the right people and things, and finding new healthy interests. Then in TIME you will feel better and more confident then ever.

The meds I use, and whether I just try to stop cold turkey depends on the severity of the withdrawal for me.

If I went on a heavy run, suboxone maintenance is what I tend to go for, since the acute phase of WD will likely be severe, and PAWS is imminent. If I go on a moderate run, I try the non-narcotic way of WD, comfort meds like clonidine (hate the dry mouth it gives me), gabapentin, promethazine, lope, etc.... If it was a very light run, then I just will go cold turkey.

My main problem is relapse though. The depression and boredom is what kills me every time. I lose interest in things I used to be interested in, social anxiety rises, and life just seems dull and drags. I just try to tell myself it will pass. It really is a tough battle, but it's about surrounding yourself with the right people and things, and finding new healthy interests. Then in TIME you will feel better and more confident then ever.

QFT. Every six months, like clock work! %)

But I wouldn't consider lope to be in the non-narcotic category.

..-hs

Last edited:
thanks for response dude - especially curious about the lope now lol, except i do have a fairly high tolerance unfortunately. either way, anything that helps is a good thing.
Yeah no problem man.

Hey i wanted to mention that using a high dose of lope is going to dehydrate you a lot so if you decide to give it a try then be sure to drink plenty of water. If i don't drink a ton then i always get splitting headaches due to the dehydration.. just a little advice. Oh and it will help you with the constipation effect too. Everyone is different but lope doesn't bind me up any worse than other opiates. Be safe!

QFT. Every six months, like clock work! %)

But I wouldn't consider lope to be in the non-narcotic category.

..-hs

Oh Ya no doubt you're right, I was just talking by not taking the megadoses of it, Just enough to help with the GI issues, bubble guts, cramps, and diarrhea. But it is a narcotic nonetheless.

I think people often make too much of the suggestion that taking large doses of lope will lead to massive unsurmountable constipation. Yes it's constapating but no more so that the other opiates that were being consumed previously......

Its just that with lope the peripheral gut effects are more prominent than the cns effects but not necessarily any srtronger quantitatively than with say heroin or morphine or any other opiate that may have been consumed....

Possible cardiac effects of high dose lope are however another story..

regarding the possible cardiac effects (i assume they're negative)- can you elaborate on what that entails specifically? i do take large doses rarely, when i'm out, and that has made me reconsider it being a relatively safe option.

To update, I have not had any heorin in ~38 days and any tianeptine for ~10 days. I have been taking 3-4 lopermides with tonic water for the first few days after the tianeptine and ~6 grams of kratom per day for the past 5 days with no lopermide. I only have ~one gram of kratom left though, and then its back to 3-4 lopermides and tonic water.

I feel much better now and the only thing I'll have to titrate down off of is the lopermide and then I will be completely opiate free !!!

I also have quit weed for the past 10 days after smoking for 7 years - that shit was easy as all-get-out.
Next drug, the hard one: Benzo Taper !! :( Been on them for 10 months, and the tapers look ~14 weeks long. CHRIST! Makes opiate WD look like a blink of the eye.

that's great dude - congrats getting thru the WD's. agreed about the benzo's - that shit will have you goin nuts in the WD's, once hadda get off a 6 month xanax binge and it was the worst. i thought weed would help but it like magnified it lol. eventually got thru it tho.

for the dope i've been using ~50mg of lope to hold me over while i wait to cop (if i'm starting to feel sick) and it definitely has helped. can't poop for a couple days tho lmao

Update 2: I can't wait to start using again. I underestimated PAWs and all I want do is use, it feels like my insides are shaking and I am non-functional- thanks to the gram of tianeptine I finished in 3 days, a few days ago, I feel worse than ever.

Fuck this, I'd rather use and be functional than want to kill myself all the time.

^You can do it man, one day at a time, those feelings will pass and you'll feel way better than while using!