• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Pawn Shop Miseries

Thanks for all the insight people, some great responses. Nobody home has questioned me about anything yet, however, I still feel so guilty about it. I will keep all of you updated. Its a never ending cycle, you all know the drill by now. Snake up a way to get bills, score some d, and blast off...until your out of money...again...what to do?

As long as you stay on the heroin then you may as well get used to what you are going through now cos addiction to heroin is one long repetitive cycle.
Every day as soon as u wake up yr first thought will be on how are you gonna manage to score that day and from then on its groundhog day while u continue to use.
Say bye to your possessions and your friends as well over time.
Get out of it now before you get in way too deep that it's very hard indeed to get out of.

Shit it got to the point where the pawn guy knew me and my partner on a first name basis.
Yep, and the two guys at this one shop actually would start requesting items from me. They knew I was stealing too. I would go out and look for items they inquired about. It was absurd.

Just to let you all know i will be seeking treatment and am done
with all the bs. my fam knows ...everything

Thanks so much for the replies. you all have helped me a great deal and for that i thank yall

it churns my guts, the posts about making up some shit to your family as to the whereabouts of the ipad...sickening.

OP, please, GET OFF THE H AND GET SOME HELP.

Pretty soon, you'll be doing what my boyfriend just did to me: stole my car. stole my professional camera. (I am a photographer, and not only is that camera my LIFE, worth a fuckton of money, emotionally significant, but it had 2 weddings on it of clients who are "wondering where my pictures are?" He stole photos of the MOST FUCKING IMPORTANT DAY OF THESE PEOPLE'S LIVES, and it was my responsibility to take care of them.

Even better, oh yes, it gets better....

He was going to pawn the camera until he got into a severe car accident with another person.
My car is totaled.
Nothing quite like receiving a phone call at work from "this is Sargeant so-and-so from the (insert city here) police, and (insert name of boyfriend here) would like to talk to you...."

"[sobbing] I totaled your car...and hit a woman."

please, take a step back and realize how you may be completely FUCKING UP somebody else's life with your actions. Although it may be unintentional and not directed towards somebody, you may be really messing up somebody's shit if you sat down and thought about it. I didn't ask to deal with any of this shit!! I work my ass off day in and out, try to be a decent human being, mind my own biz...and the first car that I ever bought all by myself, picked it out, paid for it...gets ripped out from under me. I didn't have a say in this matter. I didn't ask somebody to steal my camera. Why in the hell should I have to deal with this stuff? And even worse than "things," the mental anguish and hurt from all this is one of the strongest and worst conglomeration (sp?) of emotions that I have ever felt in my life.
But he doesn't have to deal with any of this stuff. He doesn't have to figure out how in the bloody hell he's going to come up with a new car, or a new $3,000 camera so I can continue my business, or what he's going to tell his clients, "uhh sorry I lost your wedding pics!", or the person who he hit suing me and my insurance company.............

wow. that post about the wedding pics sort of hit home. i retract my post about saying to lie to your family and say you accidentaly dropped it, ill delete it.

maybe you should try to get some help OP because if you keep going like this then the shame and guilt is gonna really fuck you up in the long run.

i feel embarrased saying this but im 23 and i still get the urge to steal my moms little bit of pain meds that i know she keeps in her purse (the rest are locked up). well tonight i stole a couple perks and she said something to me and at first i lied but then i told the truth and said ill never do it again. i mean i gotta stop that shit, im 23 and thats childish shit. i feel like a piece of shit but im glad i did tell the truth in the end and i am gonna really give it a go and resisting that urge. im gonna try to save alot of money at work this summer and move out soon because my moms purse with some of her pain meds in it has been a trigger for me since i was 16. pretty pathetic but imma try to work on it.

but yeah OP you should just tell them the truth, it can only make you move forward. lying makes you guilty and ashamed which only makes you go backwards.

So please do the right thing. good luck bro.

edit: just read that your seeking treatment. good luck bro, keep us updated. you got this man

I hear ya bout feelin childish n all that. But trust me ii came clean bout everything and it's been so much easier. ill be headin down to Florida for treatment in the next few days and have just been mannin up thru the wds...i cann see the light...trust me honesty goes a lot farther than most people realize !!!

Kiz

tkizzzle im very proud of you! I too got way to used to the ole pawn shop. I stole over 50,000 dollars of stuff (mostly jewelry) from my family and sold it for probably a tenth of that with the stupid dope cycle. I too manned up and told my whole family about everything which was the hardest thing ive ever done but im really glad i did it. Im still struggling but im no longer stealing their shit and selling it; nor selling none of mine for that matter so i guess ive made some progress but i have a lot left to go. Keep us updated man on your recovery. Your story can help a lot of people struggling out there.

I worked for a pawn shop for a short while & they loved junkies. Say a Item worth $100 comes in usually they will offer 50% of the sale value. If a sick person comes in you offer 1/2 what you normally will.

It may not be nice but you can see the desperation in their eyes & exploit it to the full. The cold hard fact is that we don't need to buy it but you need to sell it. Therefore you will be lowballed & happily take the low offer or continue being sick.

Finally got the iPad back....so stoked n should be leavin for treatment soon. I will keep y'all updated. Kiz

Speaking of funny pawn stories:

I pawned my set of golf clubs one time to get an oxy. Well, I had forgot at the time that I had left a methadone in my golf bag and didn't want to be sick the next day. So I go back into the pawn show the next day and say I left a blood pressure pill in my golf bag and needed to get it. Looking at me, a skinny 130 pounds, you know I don't have a blood pressure problem. Needless to say, the owner looked at me kinda funny and to my surprise, brought my golf bag out and left me retrive the methadone pill. I'm sure he knew I left some kinda pill in there and knew it definitely was not a blood pressure pill. We still joke about that one to this day.

Its hard for me to see the humerous side of such an act of desperation..

Tkizzle - I'm happy for you. Please treasure your belongings <3 They are worth a lot more than one hit of dope.

or the person who he hit suing me and my insurance company.............

While the rest of your post was spot on and you have my utmost sympathy for the shitty situation this asshole has put you in, if your car was STOLEN then why the fuck would they be suing you ? that's just crazy and doesn't make any sense, I spoke to a lawyer friend of mine about this today just out of curiosity and he said there is no way you can legally be held liable for anything in the situation you have described unless you gave your botfriend permission to use the car it's totally his fault and he is the only person that can be sued, I would imagine your insurance company's legal dept will tell whoever is launching the claim to go and get fucked.

I don't have any interesting pawn stories (I always just got the money and left), but one of my musical idols does. Supposedly Bradley from Sublime used to pawn his guitar before shows and his bandmates would bail him out by either buying back the guitar or by finding someone who would lend him a guitar for the night. Not that I ever saw them live (I was 6 when Bradley died), but from videos I've seen and stories I've heard they were one of the worst live bands ever because Bradley would get too fucked up to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxvnVzaDglI

They even made a song about it.

Finally got the iPad back....so stoked n should be leavin for treatment soon. I will keep y'all updated. Kiz

Wow awesome man, good for you. This thread was like terrible, got worse, and then this. Congrats man and stick with it you dont wanna fuck up your life and everyone else's in it. Im sure it feels like a million bucks to have that thing back. Thats lucky shit. You must be destined to quit.

I'll tell you a funny pawn story. I was once trying to pawn a couple pieces of shit jewelry on a friday night and the pawn shop by my house was very busy. Well I'm signing the paper work with about 10 people around me and when the dude hands me the money it's $300. I'm confused but take it and as I'm walking out I realize he fucked up and gave me the paper work and money for another guy who just pawned his Gibson bass guitar. The info on my driver's license was old and I never give them my right phone number so I got away clean. I just hope the dude who pawned his bass didn't get screwed.

sadly i think all heavy hearoin users have been there, no matter how much money you have, make, its never enough and you find yourself selling things that break your heart. I sold so much stuff for dope, mainly musical instruments, 2 beautiful guitars (one was my moms accoustic, i still try to track it down) drum machines, synths, amps, my turntables, that one broke me up too...all to put some junk up my arm. getting on a program was the best thing i have ever done for myself. it gives you stability and really helps you see the futility of addiction.