• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Past Abuse, worried about withdrawal

exulansis

Greenlighter
Hello friends,

So, a year or so ago I was taking xanax (up to 2 mg daily) for a month and a few weeks, non-prescribed for anxiety, and eventually realized my dependance and quit cold turkey after flushing my pills and informing my dealer not to sell to me anymore. I went through a hellish withdrawal, hallucinations, spasms, and couldn't leave my bed or sleep for four days. It was by far the worst experience of my life and I would never ever want to repeat it. Unfortunately I am prescribed adderall and while I usually take it every other day because of my anxiety disorder, I am in thesis right now and can't afford to take a day off in order to graduate. Subsequently, even if I take my adderall early in the morning, I cannot sleep. I have been getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night for three weeks now and can't function or work.. the whole point of my taking the adderall. I've been on adderall for 7 years, and can't work without it but can't work without sleep either. Long story short, I've started taking small amounts of xanax at night to go to bed (.5 mg) for the past three nights. How long do you think I have before I will develop a dependency and be forced to withdraw? Is there a way to put off withdrawal, or avoid it all together while still being able to get much needed sleep? Has anyone experienced these issues before?

Thanks for your time,

Elena

^^ Agreed. I try to limit my benzo use to once very other day. And I've never experienced withdrawal.