• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Partner Threw all my Rigs and Supplies Out?

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
Hello all

I just had my first IV drug use situation recently I wanted to share.

I didn't try heroin, but I tried IV Subutex.

Subutex is much more potent than heroin and it is what Dr's prescribe to get people off heroin (for those that are unfamiliar). It holds heroin withdrawls (WD's) at bay.

However, certain forms of Subutex can be snorted, injected, and boofed. I've been snorting Subs for a long time now, and I got really curious with the needle. I've always been a person that has been curious about heroin, but has had it on my "no no" list. So I thought, "okay, a sub is fine then".

No, no it was not. Subutex is stronger than heroin, just not as euphoric since it is a partial opioid-antagonist unlike heroin where it is a full antagonist of the opioid receptors. This doesn't mean it's still not addicting however.

I finally get what everyone is talking about now. At first I was pleased by the high, but then it was like, "okay, now what, that was kinda lame for injecting it and all that effort". So even though it was lame, get this: I STILL HAVE A MASSIVE CRAVING.

My fiance found my rig set and threw it all out, no questions asked- without talking to me. Sucks, but it's probably for the best right? A person who was a bad influence on me whom I was hanging out with taught me how to do it safely and stuff at least.

I really do wish I never injected. It's a false sense of euphoria (I mean it is euphoric, but you always want more and you're never satisfied, idk hard to explain) and is exceedingly dangerous.

I just have that craving still and wish he never threw my stuff out without asking. I wanted to use just one last time which is stupid and is how addiction works.

I just feel like if I'm going to use again it is not going to be as safe because all my nice sterile saline, filters, alcohol prep pads, etc. were thrown out too.

• Heart
Reactions: Ds
For many people the needle is every bit as addictive as whatever drug they are taking. It took me a long time to get good with taking drugs by other ROA besides injecting but my health and my life improved enormously when I did. You’ve had a go at it and had the experience, now let it go. Your fiancé did you a favour, although it would have been better to have a conversation probably. If you are not a regular needle user you ought to be able to avoid doing it unsafely.

You shouldn't be using needles behind your partner's back anyway. Think how terrified she must be. She may dump you soon if you don't sort it out mate. Sorry but themz the breaks

I suggest you watch Reindeerspotting. It's a documentary about a young Finnish guy named Jani Raappana and his experience with buprehorphine abuse.
He ended up hanging himself in 2010.

No, no it was not. Subutex is stronger than heroin, just not as euphoric since it is a partial opioid-antagonist unlike heroin where it is a full antagonist of the opioid receptors.

Buprenorphine is more potent by weight, but heroin/morphine is "stronger" in the sense that it activates the mu opioid receptor completely, where buprenorphine only does so partially. However the binding affinity of bupe to the mu opioid receptor is very small, meaning that buprenorphine will bind very tightly to the receptor and will displace other opioids with comparatively weaker binding.

Heroin/6-MAM/morphine are full agonists, not antagonists. And buprenorphine does not change to a full antagonist in the presence of other drugs, it remains a partial agonist. Precipitated withdrawal is caused by the sudden change from opioid receptors being turned on 100% by e.g. morphine, to 30% (or whatever) by buprenorphine.

I suspect if you were to compare buprenorphine and naloxone in their effects when given to someone on e.g. morphine, the naloxone would make them feel worse than the bupe.

I thinks it's fucked up to throw out anyones personal property. I don't think that will solve any problems. And you're partner is probably a smart person and realizes this. So I think it's a cruel act. You don't sound stupid or dumb for saying you wanted a fix one last time. I know Im not alone in saying that, that is exactly what I'd be thinking. I'm sorry you're going through it. I have no advice. But I'm feelin' ya. Life is really hard. ❤

Yeah but if he wants to keep his partner then he needs help now. Otherwise the drugs means more to him than her. He know what a shot of smack feels like. Final hit or no

And I hope I don't sound harsh. I've bee. In OPs place a few times