Partner Sites

I'm not sure if someone should email and ask if they want to/would be comfortable with being linked to by Bluelight, but I feel like exchangesupplies.org is one of the best harm reduction resources for the whole of the UK. They sell needle exchange stuff, at cost, to any drug service OR INDIVIDUAL and have a huge range of publications and articles on harm reduction available to read online, for free. They also offer a free discreet shipping service. I don't know if this link isn't allowed because they sell things, but it seemed worth suggesting since the website is basically the definition of harm reduction.

*and because although they sell things, it doesn't seem to be a private profit-making initiative

Last edited:
Hello, I know that I am new here but one of the main reasons I registered was for the exact reason that this thread was created. My site, growthinrecovery.com is still currently under construction, but once completed I intend to use it as a harm reduction, drug addiction recovery, and for the presentation of challenging the status quo of traditional drug rehabilitation treatments. I have many ideas, but sadly it is hard for me because I am currently the only one working on my site. However, I realize that all sites must start somewhere and I will persevere as a one man army for harm reduction and recovery from substance abuse until the proper opportunities present themselves. I am about to go and update the about page (the purpose of the site has evolved over time so I am having to go back and redo all of my content).

I was curious if I could use bluelight in my link section and also utilize it as an authority link within my content. It would be greatly appreciated. If anyone wishes to know anything about growthinrecovery.com or help in its creation please feel free to inbox me ^.^ Thanks!

Could bluelight partner up with Drugs-forum.com they have a lot more users and if it is possible/sensible there could definitely be some benefits to both sites.

They are too damn strict in perma bans. Great site, but after three years of membership and then to be shit canned forever is fcked up. Here they have much more reasonable ban durations, such as a year of two years max. That is reasonable. I truly believe that my being so opebn about my IV use pissed off a mod that disliked anything to do with it. But I'm me and I'm glad this site is much more laid back and respects everyone.

I found a sister site for it today; it is http://www.substance-information-network.org/forum.php

The Icarus Project is a website devoted to "navigating the space between brilliance and madness". It may not sound like it fits here but it actually has one of the best resources for tapering off psychiatric medications. Take a look at the Mental Health Forum as well as Healthy Living, Sober Living and the Dark side and you can see how many people in the Bluelight community struggle with this issue. What makes the relationship even more compelling is that many prescribing doctors know absolutely nothing about how to come off these medications (reminding me of the general ignorance of the Ashton Manual for coming off benzos).

Ya fuck drugs forum. I too was a member there almost 2 years with over 1000 posts. I talked shit about a guy to another member and got banned for life. The contents are good but alot of the people and mods are very uptight. i attitude like they are better than and so quick to jump down peoples throat. There is a core group of members and some I really liked a but alot are just jaded or anger and have lost sight of what the purpose and idea of harm reduction is. And that were talking about drugs which can have some stories that are a little wild at times.

I became a member here at the same time and would bounce back and forth. Ill be honest the main thing that kept me from getting really involved here was the confusion i got from trying to navigate to the specific topics i like. I never would have guessed that other drugs is where i needed to be. I just never knew if i was in the right spot or if their was a forum i wasnt seeing.

But as i get into this site more, i realize how much better it is here. Its a more comfortable environment where i can say more or less what is on my mind. Over there i walked on egg shells alot cause i seemed to always offend someone and they had this stupid reputation system where people could give you different colored stars based on if they liked or disliked your post and their reasoning would be under that too. Exactly what my addict ass needs. Another way to be judged.

You can have emotions here unlike at drugs forum where you have to be emotionless. But its not like youtube where people just fire insult after insult. i think the mod activity here is great. Just enough to chime in if the threads getting a little too wild or really off topic. They actually have qualtiy posts where they are adding to the discussion instead of just posting to belittle someone or subtly point out how stupid someone is but in a hidden way so that they could say the person read into what they said wrong. Just really low shit sometimes. Its more of the real world here

They have one fucked up ass ban policy.They are desperately in need of some real mods. The mods here are very lenient and listen rather than ignore.

I got banned for life from DF cause a mod kept nitpicking me and telling to stop giving misinformation the last thing that set me off was when talking about opiate withdrawal to somebody they asked how long it would take to get through this as they were on day 2 and it only got worse and I said from personal experience about a week for the worst symptoms then mabye another 3 weeks before your energy levels return to normal. The mod flamed me for that giving me red stars and said don't give wrong information to people and every other member started in on me saying it only takes 3-5 days before your back to normal and what are you talking about a month! They were all agreeing with the mod and being dicks so I told them all off said their stupid and im sorry I'm not agreeing with some idiot who obviously is a bit fucked up and needs a few lessons on drugs then I get an email saying I cant post ever again but I can look at the site again for information in a month but until a month I cant even look at the site then a "supermod" told me theres nothing wrong with admitting your wrong I said yea there is if your all a bunch of idiots who don't have a clue what they are talking about. Then I came here and been great over here couple disagreements with mods and a few psycho members writing my inbox here and there but was always resolved quickly by mods who actually listened to me and a few mods even said sorry I am wrong I mustve read your post wrong in a dis agreement between us which shows a lot for the character of mods on BL.

please don't join with DF :( I hate it there and enjoy BL's small community feel.

Last edited:
^^I really dont know how they are still around with how they treat new people and even members that have been there some time. If your not sucking ass to the other mods and ripping into people that might be a little green to drugs, then you end up getting a target on your back. Seems like there are alot of people there that just like to disagree to disagree or they pick apart every word out of context and spin a whole different meaning on your post than what you were actually trying to say.

I remember this one thread was started by a pregnant woman who was quite far into her pregnancy and she was saying how she uses heroin daily and had been using the same amount before she was pregnant. Actually said that her only concerns were if she could get heroin in the hospital and asked what the wd were gonna be. No remorse or concern for the baby other then saying she didnt want it and hopefully someone would take it after she gave birth. Just a really cold post that disturbed me. Well, i had a few choice words for her but i still didnt say everything i thought just because i knew how DF can be but i really didnt expect the reaction people would have to what i said. They said i was way out of line, that it takes courage for her to do this, how dare i say this to someone in her situation etc. They just gang raped me.

I understand how it might be tough even if pregnant to quit but that wasnt even my issue. My issue was how cold and heartless she was about the whole situation.

THe way they are constantly pushing for donations is just comical too. Its like that preacher who stands up there with his sermon and then tells you to give to the church cause thats what god wants you to do. Most of the mods have something about you should donate in their signature at the bottom of every post they make. Try hard much.

I dont mean to post again here on the same thread but i just wanted to say that if anyone that is new here or not sure where to be a member, that bluelight is much better on pretty much everything compared to drugs forum. I dont walk on eggshells when i post here and i dont anticipate getting ridiculed everytime i check a post that i made earlier. Mods are still very knowledgeable here and its seems there is more of an effort to help then to make someone feel stupid. Im just pissed I wasted my time over there as much as i did when i could have been here learning alot more.

Last edited: