• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Paroxetine + Clomipramine

atrolabio

Greenlighter
Hi, im male 22, im actually on Paroxetine 20mg daily for depresion.
But now, my sexologist gave me Anafranil (Clomipramine 25mg) for premature eyaculation. He told i have to use it only when im going to have sex, not daily.
My question is , can i take both simultaneously?

simultaneously

Did you tell him you were on Paroxetine? Did you plug the drugs into an interaction checker? If he knows about the anti depressant, then there is no problem. Run your drugs through an interaction checker. If you can, tell us what it says.

Last edited:
If you got them at the same pharmacy most will notify you of negative interactions when you go to fill it. Always good to double check on your own too though.

Paroxetine is a SSRI and Clomipramine is a trizyclic SNRI.
Maybe a small dose of both isn't dangerous, but Serotonin Syndrom can occure and could possibly be lethal. So if your doc doesn't know you're on Paroxetine don't take both!!

This is getting a tiny bit redundant, but just call the guy, tell him your medications and your dosages. Bring up SS. See what his answer is and proceed from there.

How much sex you having? SS is a concern but doubtful with sporadic use.

It sounds to me like that combination would result in anorgasmia...the serotonergic antidepressants are notorious for that, and the combination of the two sounds nasty for sexual side effects. The paroxetine by itself doesn't help? Taking both simultaneously definitely puts you at risk for serotonin syndrome, but it's dose dependent too. Like others have said, if he didn't know about the paroxetine I would call him and ask about it and get his opinion.