• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Paranoid from Speed?!?

^
|
|
I knew *someone* would catch on!
------------------
What prescriptions are fun?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://syntheticrecreation.cjb.net/

Well since you insist on continuing the weed v. opiates war (which I thought was over, according to a certain moderator),
Wrong thread there bucko.
smile.gif

Oh I have sooo much to learn about drugs. Thankfully, the moderators of other drugs are excellent sources of unbiased information.:p
Where does it say Moderators are to be un-biased?
And please tell me again how opiates are harming my body...oh wise one?
Tsk Tsk... I love it when the hippies start crying...
Agreed, IV'ng street heroin is not without risk... but certainly less harmful than smoking MJ.
------------------
- - - - - - - - - - - - - http://syntheticrecreation.cjb.net/
[This message has been edited by SpeedLimit55 (edited 14 May 2001).]
[This message has been edited by SpeedLimit55 (edited 14 May 2001).]

Can you post a link that shows the long-term, chronic damage done by eating marijuana?

i would rather smoke or eat weed than stick a needle into myself and pump my veins full of crap. i think sticking a needle into your veins is more harmful than chowin down on sum bud brownies.

Smacca:
Smoking marijuana can cause cancer, California researchers said Friday, and aging baby boomers who have been indulging since the swinging 60s may just be starting to feel its ravages.
The report, by Dr. Zuo-Feng Zhang of the Jonsson Cancer Center at the University of California Los Angeles, adds to evidence that smoking cannabis can have cancer-causing effects similar to those linked to cigarette smoking.
"Many people may think marijuana is harmless, but it's not," Zhang said in a statement. "The carcinogens in marijuana are much stronger than those in tobacco. The big message here is that marijuana, like tobacco, can cause cancer."
Writing in the journal Cancer Epidemiology Biomarker and Prevention, Zhang said he studied 173 patients diagnosed with head and neck cancer, and compared them to 176 cancer-free control patients.
Those who said they habitually smoked marijuana were more likely to be in the group with head and neck cancers. And the more they smoked, the bigger the risk.
"If you smoke a little, your risk increases a little," Zhang said. "If you smoke a lot, your risk increases a lot."
He said pot-smoking baby boomers should be on the lookout for symptoms of head and neck cancer, also very common in cigarette smokers and heavy drinkers.
"In the '60s, we had very high numbers of people in their 20s smoking marijuana," Zhang said. "These people are just now getting to the ages at which they will get head and neck cancers."
Earlier this year, the Institute of Medicine at the National Academy of Sciences reported that marijuana could have some medical uses, notably to treat pain for some terminally ill patients.
But the committee said pills using the active ingredients in marijuana were a safer alternative because smoking marijuana can cause cancer, lung damage and babies with low birth weights in pregnant women.
Funny. Never heard of Heroin causing cancer...or having any negative effects when used responsibly. Hmm.
I have *countless* more if you'd like.
If you still remember what we're talking about that is.
Now, to be fair, I await your retort.
[BornThird- I was referring to smoking MJ. Thus the reason I said "Smoking Marijuanna".]
Again, Smacca:
i would rather smoke or eat weed than stick a needle into myself and pump my veins full of crap. i think sticking a needle into your veins is more harmful than chowin down on sum bud brownies.
"Crap"? Please define. And, as always, I'm sure you have countless articles and studies to prove that Heroin is actually so much more harmful than blazin' a fat blunt!
Allow me to defend myself for a moment, as it appears so many of you are misunderstanding me and taking my stance the wrong way.
Contrary to what many of you seem to think (and have/are publicly claiming) I am not close minded to the opinions of those who choose to smoke.
Nor do I (or any of the other mods) close a post just because someone is a pot head.
It just seems that every time someone tries to point out to you (you being the smoker(s))the dangers of smoking weed, you immediately take offense.
This especially seems to be the case when I compare the dangers of opiate use as compared to that of MJ.
The fact of the matter is that (when used responsibly and correctly) opiates can enter the body, do their job, and leave with almost no physical/mental damage.
(Granted the use:abuse ratio is much higher.)
This simply cannot be stated about MJ.
So stop taking everything (see: mean comments about your mother, etc) so personally.
Now, to be fair, I await your retort.
------------------
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://syntheticrecreation.cjb.net/

You see, the same defense you use for heroin can be just as easily applied to pot. I am not stating that smoking pot is harmless. Smoking ANYTHING is harmful.
Yes, RESPONSIBLY (meaning knowing how and moderation) shooting PURE heroin IV can be shown to be, more or less, harmless. But how many people can claim they responsibly shoot PURE heroin?
Responsibly eating marijuana can be just as harmless.
But HERE's the issue--reality. Addiction potential. DEATH potential. Impure substances. Yes, smoking marijuana MAY cause cancer. Eating nutrasweet can also cause cancer. Yes, smoke is not good for the arteries or lungs. So the "worst" marijuana user smokes a lot, thereby increasing his chances of cancer, chronic lung problems, and heart-related issues (true, this CAN lead to death, but there are no documented cases of anyone dying directly from marijuana use). The worst case heroin user who irresponsibly shoots heroin can die.
It's pretty hard to get "impure pot." It's not possible to OD on pot. It's pretty hard to get into the thrawls of a REAL BAD addiction on pot (if at all even possible). It's pretty hard to contract AIDS with pot, etc.
You get my point. It's a lot harder to be a responsible heroin user (where are you finding pure heroin again?) than it is to be a responsible pot user. It is the NATURE of the drug. Some radical hippies may give pot-smoking a bad name, but junkies are doing a much better job creating a bad image for heroin.
------------------
"Only what already is can really be accomplished"--Heidegger
[This message has been edited by bornThird (edited 14 May 2001).]

It's nice to see you respond with a well written response...instead of resorting to name calling and whining...keep it up!
But HERE's the issue--reality. Addiction potential. DEATH potential. Impure substances. Yes, smoking marijuana MAY cause cancer. Eating nutrasweet can also cause cancer.The worst case heroin user who irresponsibly shoots heroin can die.
Agreed. But I'm not talking about majority. I'm talking about responsible use, I'm talking about *me*.
It's pretty hard to contract AIDS with pot, etc.
It's impossible to contract AIDS with Heroin using a clean fresh needle. Again, we're talking about the way things SHOULD be, the way they ARE with me.
You get my point. It's a lot harder to be a responsible heroin user
Yes but you don't seem to get mine. I was simply comparing facts for facts. In which case opiates are safer, end of story.
(where are you finding pure heroin again?)
Where I get my hospital grade Fentanyl is MY business.
wink.gif

Some radical hippies may give pot-smoking a bad name, but junkies are doing a much better job creating a bad image for heroin.
Yes. But this board SHOULD represent the more intelligent/informed group of users. Unfortunatley with MJ, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Wow, Speedlimit55. How dissapointing you are as a moderator. Turning debates into personal attacks, spreading misinformation, stereotyping.... shall I go on. Nah not worth it.
How embarrased you must feel to prove that there is a fine line between moderator and troll, which you have succedded in crossing with your ingnorance. Hopefully someone will remove your from your duties shortly. We can only hope...

Wow, Speedlimit55. How dissapointing you are as a moderator. Turning debates into personal attacks, spreading misinformation, stereotyping.... shall I go on. Nah not worth it.
How embarrased you must feel to prove that there is a fine line between moderator and troll, which you have succedded in crossing with your ingnorance. Hopefully someone will remove your from your duties shortly. We can only hope...

Speedlimit55: How embarassed you must be to prove that there is such a fine line between a moderator and a troll. Let's see, in this thread you have spread misinformation, made generalizations and stereotypes, and turned an intelligent debate into a personal insult with the "fuck your mother" comments.
Hopefully you will accept the fact that you are not Phreex, your are not funny, and you are rather annoying. In the best case scenario you will be removed from your duties ASAP. Sadly, most of us will have to listen to the bullshit that spews from your mouth like a fecal faucet for the mere fact that bluelight must feel sorry for you. I can not see any other valid reason for them making you a moderator other than pity. It
's either that, or you must give incredible blowjobs.

Speedlimit55: How embarassed you must be to prove that there is such a fine line between a moderator and a troll. Let's see, in this thread you have spread misinformation, made generalizations and stereotypes, and turned an intelligent debate into a personal insult with the "fuck your mother" comments.
Hopefully you will accept the fact that you are not Phreex, your are not funny, and you are rather annoying. In the best case scenario you will be removed from your duties ASAP. Sadly, most of us will have to listen to the bullshit that spews from your mouth like a fecal faucet for the mere fact that bluelight must feel sorry for you. I can not see any other valid reason for them making you a moderator other than pity. It

Speedlimit55: How embarassed you must be to prove that there is such a fine line between a moderator and a troll. In this thread you have spread misinformation, made gross generalizations and stereotypes, and turned an intelligent debate into a personal attack with your "fuck your mother" comments.
Hopefully you will be removed from your duties ASAP. You are not PhreeX, you are not funny, and you personify everything a moderator should NOT be. Every time I read a post from you I am shocked at the rate at which shit spews from your mouth like a fecal faucet. The only reason that you remain a mod is either a) you give incredible fellatio or b) bluelight has an alarming amount of pity for you. Hopefully you will go away, but we can only hope to be so lucky.

Speedlimit55: How embarassed you must be to prove that there is such a fine line between a moderator and a troll. In this thread you have spread misinformation, made gross generalizations and stereotypes, and turned an intelligent debate into a personal attack with your "fuck your mother" comments.
Hopefully you will be removed from your duties ASAP. You are not PhreeX, you are not funny, and you personify everything a moderator should NOT be. Every time I read a post from you I am shocked at the rate at which shit spews from your mouth like a fecal faucet. The only reason that you remain a mod is either a) you give incredible fellatio or b) bluelight has an alarming amount of pity for you. Hopefully you will go away, but we can only hope to be so lucky.