• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Paranoid about PWs when switching to suboxone for a heroin/fent habit

washed

Greenlighter
Last time I kicked heroin (+ fentanyl: basically all of the bags I've used in the past six months tested positive for fent), I made the stupid mistake of taking suboxone a mere 12 hours after my last dose of heroin. Needless to say, I went into extremely bad precipitated withdrawals.

This time when kicking, I obviously want to avoid that completely. When I get to about 24 hours after my last dose, I'm not in complete withdrawal but I feel super shitty and can't really bear to not use...but is 24 hours too soon to take suboxone? I've heard 36 hours is recommended for longer-acting opioids. I just don't know how long I can hold out (but I guess anything is better than PWs). What's the safest way to gauge when to take suboxone, time that's past since last use? I'm using five bags of heroin/fent a day and can't wait to get safely on subs.

Hey Washed,
I and many others are having the same problem as you with the current fentadope out there . Eventho fentanyl has a short half-life apparently it stacks really well. Back in the day 24 hours for heroin was plenty but like you said in today’s day at 24 hours you feel super shitty and can’t continue but it’s still to early for subs.

I just got PW a few weeks ago at 48 hours . I personally listen to my stomach . When my stomach is all fucked up and I can’t go anywhere further then 10 ft from the bathroom then it’s time for subs . That used to happen to me by 24 hours with heroin but not with this fucking fentadope. It’s really a big problem .

Cows sheet never worked for me but maybe it will work for you so you can try that to see if your ready to induce .
goodluck!

Microdosing is the appropriate way to induce buprenorphine from fentany, the elimination half-life of fentanyl is very long and so sometimes even 36 hours can cause precipitated withdrawals, depending upon length and amount of usage. Trying to use the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS) score seems to fail every time when trying to use as an indicator for when to induce due to fentanyl’s long elimination half-life, so microdosing will allow the least painful transition.

Microdosing is the appropriate way to induce buprenorphine from fentany, the elimination half-life of fentanyl is very long and so sometimes even 36 hours can cause precipitated withdrawals, depending upon length and amount of usage. Trying to use the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS) score seems to fail every time when trying to use as an indicator for when to induce due to fentanyl’s long elimination half-life, so microdosing will allow the least painful transition.

This sounds good. Any links to guides regarding microdosing? Like when to start, how much to dose, etc. ?