• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Paranoia with crack

travelaroundNC

Bluelighter
I enjoy a nice smoking crack cocaine session about once or twice a month. I always do it at home with all the blinds drawn but then I always get this feeling that the police are right outside the house ready to break in ... that makes no sense ... why would I feel that way and is there anything I can do to mitigate it?

Not smoking crack would mitigate it.

Kidding, obviously not the answer you want. But yeah, idk crack is not pleasant to me.

Using heroin along with the crack helps smooth it out.
Never mixed heroin with crack but heroin and coke(preferably together in a syringe) is where it's at. I assume mixing with crack is similar? If you're using different ROA for each I'd think maybe not.

I have never shot coke, so I can't comment on that. My only experience is shooting heroin while smoking crack. I know some people like mixing them together in the same syringe but as far as I was concerned, the rush from smoking crack was complete in itself and would not benefit much from the addition of heroin. I liked to save the heroin for the comedown. The longer I could save it the better, but generally I couldn't save it very long. I would smoke some hits of crack, then shoot some heroin which would relieve the over stimulation and help me go longer before taking the next hit of crack. I'd always be trying to do as little heroin as possible throughout this process though because I'd want to save the heroin for when I ran out of crack. The worst is when you're hit that horrible depression and fiending state after your last crack rock but you can't do anymore heroin because you've done so much already that your receptors are full and you barely feel another shot or worse you start to have trouble breathing because you are right on the line of an OD.

Also in the interests of harm reduction I should state that I do not recommend mixing heroin and crack, it's a very dangerous combo because the stimulation from the crack masks the sedation from the heroin leaving you vulnerable to taking too much heroin. I've been at the point where I could feel my breathing was getting seriously depressed but I still felt wide awake and alert from the crack. However, having some kind of opiate or benzo handy when smoking crack is worthwhile because it can counteract the overstimulation. Many times I've felt like my body was in trouble from the crack (maybe it was just anxiety) but my heart would be pounding uncontrollably I would do some heroin and my body would relax and my heart would slow down again.

I have never shot coke, so I can't comment on that. My only experience is shooting heroin while smoking crack. I know some people like mixing them together in the same syringe but as far as I was concerned, the rush from smoking crack was complete in itself and would not benefit much from the addition of heroin. I liked to save the heroin for the comedown. The longer I could save it the better, but generally I couldn't save it very long. I would smoke some hits of crack, then shoot some heroin which would relieve the over stimulation and help me go longer before taking the next hit of crack. I'd always be trying to do as little heroin as possible throughout this process though because I'd want to save the heroin for when I ran out of crack. The worst is when you're hit that horrible depression and fiending state after your last crack rock but you can't do anymore heroin because you've done so much already that your receptors are full and you barely feel another shot or worse you start to have trouble breathing because you are right on the line of an OD.

Also in the interests of harm reduction I should state that I do not recommend mixing heroin and crack, it's a very dangerous combo because the stimulation from the crack masks the sedation from the heroin leaving you vulnerable to taking too much heroin. I've been at the point where I could feel my breathing was getting seriously depressed but I still felt wide awake and alert from the crack. However, having some kind of opiate or benzo handy when smoking crack is worthwhile because it can counteract the overstimulation. Many times I've felt like my body was in trouble from the crack (maybe it was just anxiety) but my heart would be pounding uncontrollably I would do some heroin and my body would relax and my heart would slow down again.
Agreed on the harm reduction tip. I also don't advocate doing heroin and coke together, especially shooting it, it's very dangerous. It's funny how remembering drug use always filters out the bad parts, leaving only the memory of the high. No matter how good the rush feels in those few minutes, I wouldn't trade my life now for it. Life as an addict, especially using needles, is not pleasant and if you're lucky (I was), you'll be able to pull yourself out before it's too late.
The only time I smoked crack was a 1-2 month period back in 2010 when I was beyond depressed and suicidal, desperate for anything to escape my life. Enter crack. I hated it, too fiendish and dirty, every aspect of it. The people I knew then who were using heavy were like ghosts of themselves.

Ok OP theres only two answers, either stop smoking crack or open yourself up to poly-drug abuse by starting on a downer like opioids or benzos to use concurrently.

Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating? I imagine you would be, only using once or twice a month unless of course its actually worse than that.

Last edited:
i would get some benzos on hand. use them when your smoking crack and it should help a lot with the paranoia, anxiety and restlessness. crack psychosis becomes unbearable as the night drags on and more crack is consumed. the paranoia and anxiety are a big part of why i stopped smoking

I enjoy a nice smoking crack cocaine session about once or twice a month. I always do it at home with all the blinds drawn but then I always get this feeling that the police are right outside the house ready to break in ... that makes no sense ... why would I feel that way and is there anything I can do to mitigate it?
If you want to enjoy your monthly crack but dodge the psychosis, try getting a script for "Seroquel", it's an anti-psychotic that will remove or block the dopamine somehow and it over-rides any stimulant as far as I know, so it should work for crack.

Then you should hypothetically be able to have your little monthly "crack-party", make sure to be well rested so why not start in the day instead of the night?

Then right when you feel the on-set of paranoia pop like 100-200mg of "Seroquel" eat a banana or two drink some fluid with electrolytes maybe add half a valium to the mix and go to sleep, no paranoia, good-long sleep.

You will feel tired asf and be a bit swollen the next day. But you will most likely dodge the paranoia.

Then again not in favor of paranoia, or "Seroquel".

But fear seems to be trendy right now with the pandemic and everything, that we are supposed to be scared, it's the general vibe right now. So maybe you should chill with the "crack-party" concept and wait until after the stupid "pandemic"? Bless!

Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating? I imagine you would be, only using once or twice a month unless of course its actually worse than that.
Absolutely - good 7 hours of sleep every night and eating well. And yes, I only do this once or twice a month.

My belief is the reason crack feels a bit more paranoia inducing compared to cocaine IV/snorted is due to the pyrolysis degradation byproduct, methylecgonidine.

I’ve since tried using it in a glass bulb like meth and seem to have much less paranoia than in a normal straight/Brillo pipe.

-GC

I always figured it was simply due to the much more intense flood of dopamine, rather than a combustion by-product, but I guess I don't really know.

I don't smoke crack, lol... but nothing wrong with it morally in itself.

With all stimulants, especially someone like you who does not do them often or has low tolerance--yes the anxiety or paranoia is real. Very real. And for me it completely went away. I used to be paranoid like you said with adderall (even lower doses at the time). This goes away in time. Mentally and physically you just are not in that headset anymore for whatever reason. I used to spend 3 hours thinking about my ex on stim comedowns. What a lovely thing. But now I just... feel more sober with a rush. Even if I attempt to be tweaked out of my mind, I've found that the paranoia just isn't a thing. Until it goes away, your options are to stop smoking crack (probably for the best but drugs are fun) or to close the window blinds. I get why you would not want to stop smoking crack. As I feel as anyone does. Unless you have a benzo in hand, the paranoia is not going away any time soon.

A lot of people just keep experiencing worse paranoia over time... in fact that seems to be the norm. I wouldn't assume you will eventually stop getting paranoid. I think the above poster is an unusual case (but lucky)

A lot of people just keep experiencing worse paranoia over time... in fact that seems to be the norm. I wouldn't assume you will eventually stop getting paranoid. I think the above poster is an unusual case (but lucky)
Ohhhh okay. I did not know that. That sucks... sorry. I don't know why then for me it alleviated. I assumed tolerance but maybe not. This was after about 2 years for me. Not sure if that matters but probably not then.

Actually - yes, I have indeed been able to keep it to once or twice per month. I think having a room-mate, having my dealers being 10 miles away, and demanding job help keep it under control. And yes, I am eating and sleeping well.

Maybe a few alcoholic drinks before I start smoking can ease the paranoia. It doesn't make sense. My logical brain knows there are not cops sitting outside my window ready to bust in and arrest me.

I don't smoke crack, lol... but nothing wrong with it morally in itself.

With all stimulants, especially someone like you who does not do them often or has low tolerance--yes the anxiety or paranoia is real. Very real. And for me it completely went away. I used to be paranoid like you said with adderall (even lower doses at the time). This goes away in time. Mentally and physically you just are not in that headset anymore for whatever reason. I used to spend 3 hours thinking about my ex on stim comedowns. What a lovely thing. But now I just... feel more sober with a rush. Even if I attempt to be tweaked out of my mind, I've found that the paranoia just isn't a thing. Until it goes away, your options are to stop smoking crack (probably for the best but drugs are fun) or to close the window blinds. I get why you would not want to stop smoking crack. As I feel as anyone does. Unless you have a benzo in hand, the paranoia is not going away any time soon.