• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Paramol CWE

Crepsirezzell

Bluelighter
Here in the UK there are dihydrocodeine and paracetamol tablets available OTC called PARAMOL.

I was wondering if any one has tried performing a cold water extraction with these, and if so is the end result clear?

Or do these always produce a milky looking liquid even after filtration?

Thanks in advance!

Do a search and check the CWE megathread. This has been talked about before.

DHC tartrate apparently is soluble in water, one gram per 4.5ml so yeah a CWE will work.

The cloudiness is probably just binders and fillers, my CWEs are always cloudy.

Just checked the CWE mega thread and this was mentioned once. I would still prefer more info on this for piece of mind. :)

It is common for them to be cloudy. As long as you have a ton of crap left in your filter, you should be fine.

You should be good, and get just DHC.

Unfortunately, the closest to that is in Canada, but they all have caffiene, which is also water soluable, and is only codiene, not dihydrocodiene. So no point hoping the border for that.

Oh, and Paramol's are a complete BITCH to CWE.

What makes you say that, the filter getting clogged with binders and para? If that's the case then try using a larger than needed piece of fabric as the filter, filter into a wide rimmed vessel for greater surface area and the perk of being able to poor the mixture in all at once. If he gets clogged then move the filer (with the mixture still on top of it) about, once you get the technique you can 'drag' the insoluble, white goop out of the filtration zone, whilst he solution remains. Improves things for any CWE that uses large numbers of pills me thinks.

Anyone have a prefrence out of codeine and dihydrocodeine?

I probably have some weird p450 levels but to me dihydro and codeine are pretty much the same potency, e.g. (no tolerance) 400 mg (dihydro)codeine would give me a nice high in either case, about the same strength in terms of how fucked I feel. The codeine high always felt a bit better to me, but had a shit duration. As in real shit. Dihydro seemed to last about 3 times as long.

Here in the UK there are dihydrocodeine and paracetamol tablets available OTC called PARAMOL.

I was wondering if any one has tried performing a cold water extraction with these, and if so is the end result clear?

Or do these always produce a milky looking liquid even after filtration?

Thanks in advance![/QUOT

it is usualy cloudy and i havent had one as clear as water ever b4 - i am from the UK and kno the tablets you are talking about - great idea unless you can source df118 instead as parmol is like 5 ot 6 £ per 16 or 32 i cant mind think 32. so a bit expencive.

psykoman

it is usualy cloudy and i havent had one as clear as water ever b4

Is the cloudyness due to the APAP or just binders and stuff?

Its just I would WAY prefer to use Paramol (DHC) but at the moment I am using Co-codamol (codeine) because the final product is very clear with Co-codaml.

^Both, I would imagine. Most of the APAP is filtered, but not 100%... Just like how 100% of the opiate does not get through the filter into the glass. There will be bits of other fillers in there, and I'm guessing the difference in cloudy-ness between the two would be the binders if the CWE is done the same...

^ I think a lot of it is due to fillers and binders, I notice a distinct difference in the color and nature of cloudiness depending on the brand I use, same CWE technique being used though of course.

The milky-ness on a paramol extraction is mostly the tablet coating.
A mate of mine gives the tablets a quick wash under the tap to get the coating off and gets nearly clear extractions.
I don't bother with that myself and do paramol extractions regularly. It always gives a slightly cloudy solution but I haven't died so far.
I find DHC much much better than codeine. Think my cyp2d6 must be poor.
You can also get boots own paracetamol and dihydrocodeine which give a clearer solution (but aren't cheaper - £4 for 24)

Good thread that needs reviving methinks.....

Bugger me I didn't know that Paramol contained Dihydrocodeine, thought it was just a rather pricey run-of-the-mill paracetamol/codeine product...and me a chemist-hopper lol. Good info:)

As for cloudy CWE's, well my results are cristal clear. I'll post my method in detail later on, but I'd like to hear other bluelighters methods/results on CWE's.

Maybe my 'cristal clear' result isn't extracting maximum codeine? Is it better to dissolve the pills in warm/hot water & then cool/filter? etc

I SWEAR 'they' put something into DHC pills that makes the solubility of acetaminophen higher.

I used 50 ml of water chilled to below 15 c with 24 tabs I had MINIMAL amounts of apap in the filter, like 2/3 grams TOPS. Shitloads of apap made it thu, therefore i left the extract in a frozen beer mug for 15 mins then poured off the water as ALOT of acetaminophen was frozen to the bottom. I repeated this & in the process most likely went from 180 mg DHC to about 90 mg!

All in all these DHC apap pills are bogus, they have been fucked with. Trying to extract them is like getting opiates out of wood glue. Never again.

I SWEAR 'they' put something into DHC pills that makes the solubility of acetaminophen higher.

I used 50 ml of water chilled to below 15 c with 24 tabs I had MINIMAL amounts of apap in the filter, like 2/3 grams TOPS. Shitloads of apap made it thu, therefore i left the extract in a frozen beer mug for 15 mins then poured off the water as ALOT of acetaminophen was frozen to the bottom. I repeated this & in the process most likely went from 180 mg DHC to about 90 mg!

All in all these DHC apap pills are bogus, they have been fucked with. Trying to extract them is like getting opiates out of wood glue. Never again.

Make sure your pills contain only acetaminophen and codeine. If they have PVP or other agents it will increase solubility and you will need to use stuff you don't have in order to extract the codeine.

Last edited:
^ Somewhat off topic, but here in Australia for the first time they have just started selling effervescent codeine-acetaminophen tablets. I've been making sure to avoid them. :\

Maybe my 'cristal clear' result isn't extracting maximum codeine? Is it better to dissolve the pills in warm/hot water & then cool/filter? etc

Heating it up first is pointless, I don't know why people do that. I just use cold water, filter, drink. BAM.

^ Somewhat off topic, but here in Australia for the first time they have just started selling effervescent codeine-acetaminophen tablets. I've been making sure to avoid them. :\

Heating it up first is pointless, I don't know why people do that. I just use cold water, filter, drink. BAM.

No it is not. How do you know that water can penetrate each microscopic grain of paracetamol to dissolve the codeine trapped inside? The answer is that it doesn't. The only way to make sure you extract all the codeine is to dissolve everything in hot water.