• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Papaver Sp. ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADruggie

Greenlighter
These seeds were labelled as P. Somiferium, but they look very different to me. In the first picture you can see the plants in question behind regular P. Somniferium var. giganthemum. These plants have thinner smaller leaves, are darker green, and are fuzzier. Does anybody know what type of poppies these are and if they are useful? There are many pods coming in, but none have flowered yet.

P.S., What is the deal with smoking opium? Is this just an urban legend? Would one have to consume massive amounts to get anything more than placebo? Does it only work with poppies grown in Afghanistan? Tea does it every time for me, but I don't know what the deal with smoking is. It smells and tastes nice, but I don't see any point to it besides that.

Looks like my images didn't upload. Can anybody tell me how this works? Do the images have to be from the web? Is there any way to upload images from my computer?

Bluelight doesn't allow plant/drug identification. Opium certainly exists though it's not the strongest opioid if you're used to abusing stuff like heroin. Legit opium is usually made from the sap of freshly grown poppies, perhaps you're not preparing it correctly (chances are you're not if you don't have papaver somniferum growing in your garden). If you're simply boiling pods down to a putty that is not opium and this putty is usually reported to work poorly when smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.