Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Panadeine 15's

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
On friday night my friend showed me some Panadeine that I have never seen before. They are called Panadeine 15, and have 15mg of Codeine phosphate and 500mg of Paracetamol.

I'm just wondering when they came out, or has anyone else seen them before? My mate reckons he's only found them in one chemist he has been to so far.

hm, I have been aware of Panadeine Forté containing either 30 mg of Codiene and 500 mg of Paracetamol or 60 mg of Codiene and 500 mg of Paracetamol. But I have never seen 15 mg pills, do you know if they were OTC or prescription? If they are OTC I would guess they are being introduced to compete against the N+ pills?

Oooo, there's nothing like a little bit of friendly competition =D I've never heard of them... Hope they're OTC!

They are new, and nurofen had to stop advertising their "Strongest pain reliever OTC"*based on codeine per dose

fucking paracetamol, i hate it, its such a shitty NSAID anyway, ibuprofen is better, but panadol are fuckwits, and keep pushing their shitty inferior alternative, stupid bastards with their money to advertise.

anywayy.... yeah, i think it was just panadienes ploy to stop nurofen bogarding the market cause nuro+ was kicking ass in sales,

but i have recently found two boxes of N+ that wouldnt split properly?? i hope they arent phasing out the splittable ones... i hate filtering codeine!!

I'm pretty sure ibuprofen and codeine react and cancel eachother out when mixed, so they won't be phasing out splitable nurofen + anytime saoon =D

^ Apparently there are a lot of N+ that don't split properly in the UK. I suspect that there are still two distinct sides to the unsplittable pills, but they've just increased the strength of the binders between the two different sides. The codeine side itself is crumblier than the ibuprofen side, so I think the codeine side of the pill simply crumbles before the bond between the codeine side and ibuprofen side comes apart. Given that codeine and ibuprofen reportedly don't mix well that would make sense wouldn't it?

And if that is the case, a sharp razor or pill cutter should pretty much fix the problem. You might gain or lose some ibuprofen or codeine in the process, depending on how straight you cut the pill, but I bet it's still a helluva lot easier than shagging around doing a CWE!

Knowing GSK, these new panadeines will cost a fuckin fortune anyway. As it stands, regular 8mg panadeine in the 100 box is much dearer than a chemists own brand, and the chemists own are generally 10mg codeine too.

I was under the impression that ibuprofen and codeine pills couldnt be cold water extratced due to the ibiprofen not behaving in cold water the way paracetemol does? Could be wrong about that though.

For those who enjoy a codeine blast now and then, Id say stick with the CWE. After "optimising" my method, I got to the point where it was ready for consumption quite soon.

My pick are the panamax co variety. Easy on the taste buds and fast to prepare.

If ibuprofen & codeine cancell each other out wouldn't that mean the N+ pills have absolutely no effect even for what they're intended for? Or have I missed something?

I dont think they cancel each other out as such. Like paracetemol, ibuprofen has to be somewhat synergistic with codeine otherwise the product wouldnt exist. I think that making a whole pill of the combined contents, rather than a half and half approach is where the problem lies. Maybe they dont bond together well in powder form?

Mixing codeine and ibuprofen together results in an unstable mix.. which is not suitable for pressing pharmaceutical grade pills.

As for the Panadeine 15, don't expect to find it easily visible. It is scheduled as a Pharmacist Only medication. The combination of paracetamol and 15mg of codeine has only recently been rescheduled from prescription only to pharmacist only medicine.

NangJunkie said: "fucking paracetamol, i hate it, its such a shitty NSAID anyway, ibuprofen is better"
Paracetamol is NOT an NSAID. It has no anti-inflammatory actions at all.

That is all.

paracetemol is an NSAID

its a cyclo oxygenase inhibitor, yes, its anti inflammatory powers are very weak, hence its a shitty shitty nsaid... but its an nsaid nontheless, im pretty sure its anti inflam properties kick in only at high doses,

i also just checked that in my pharmacology text book, so im pretty sure im right but hey, maybe they dont know what they are talking about?

with regards to not mixing the two sides of nurofen+, its quite possible that they cant be mixed, i just tried again and the line is still there, it just crumbles easier, maybe they actually weakened the binders? meh, ill get a pill splitter,