• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

pain medication questions

IDied

Bluelighter
Last year I was told my sciatic nerve was pinched and I ended up on pain medication.over the course of a few months I ended up stretching one day and bam! No more sciatica! Told my Dr. I wanted to when off the opiates and so I did.awhile later I ended up doing heroin for the first time and fell in love with it! Never IV just snorted.anyways it got to the point I was fed up and so wasn't my significant other so we decided that it would be best to be honest with my doctor about it.she wasn't mad she was very surprised that I even said anything.so I ended up in rehab for a bit..anyways I recently woke up and the sciatica is back with a vengeance and the back pain is worse than it was before.I have degenerative disc disease and arthritis in my back and the sciatica nerve pain.my question is what do doctors do in these situations? I'd rather not be in pain at all! Maybe someone can shed some light.I've tried multiple medications last time and I know what helps.

I will say stay of all that junk for your own sake. I know you need for pain as I have sciatica too but all these roads end in the gutter with your life in shambles. I would ask what is the strongest non habit forming med you can get and try that. I'm just getting over a huge pill problem that started exactly like you. I was up to 300mg a day because tolerance goes up and pain increases because the opiates make it that way. I care which is why I say if you are clean now don't even think of starting down that road.

A history of drug abuse does not automatically exclude one from receiving opioids for pain relief. Most of the addiction on pain management societies both agree on this. However, they say they should be reserved for patients with the most debilitating conditions such as cancer pain and all other non-pharmacological and non-narcotic options should be exhausted before jumping to opioids. Doctors also will be extremely hesitant to prescribe narcotics in most cases in cases such as yours due to the current state of increased vigilance about prescription drug abuse. Expect some antiinflammatories and muscle relaxers unless you have an exceptional relationship with your doctor.

After trying all the narcotics for chronic pain and nothing really working I gave up and decided I have had enough I would rather live with the pain than be in pain and addicted to pain medication. I hate to tell you, but it always ends in tragedy. It may be for the best that your doc knows that you have substance abuse problems.

I'm a chronic pain sufferer and heavily medicated with oxycodone and every drug I've tried for pain has never even come close to relieving my sciatica - nothing can touch it, I would have to be unconscious on midazilam to get relief. I just live with it, it's not the reason I started taking opiates anyway. I can release the nerve with a good lower back and bum massage but drugs aren't the answer.

As others have stated I must warn you against taking opiates especially for sciatica. You're going to end up with a habit and addiction that you'll likely regret.......like others, I regret starting oxy.

I'm an ex dope addict and I'm on oxys for pain My wife is sober and has never used drugs so she keeps them in a safe and doles them out for me. If not and I had my script I'd eat them in 2 or 3 days and be back shooting up in no time. It's a tough call because I know the pain can be debilitating but is it more debilitating then what your addiction was? Only you know that answer but answer it honestly(we tend to lie to ourselves very well) and go from there! I hope I helped at least somewhat!

I have Chronic pain, I self-medicate with... well pretty much whatever I can get my hands on. If I had to guess, your doctor may put you on Gabapentin/Lyrica, and if you stay off the H (Which I highly recommend not doing it anymore... the tunnel just gets longer and longer) you may get opioids to combat your pain. But I would assume she would try NSAID's/Neuropathic agents first. Just my two cents, and I hope you find a way to stay off the H and you get treated correctly for the pain. Best of luck my friend.

I have degenerative disk disease myself. In 2010 a friend ran a red light and we got t-boned. I shattered my hips and killed 3 disks in my back, but the ER dr's missed the disks. I JUST found out last december what was actually causing my back pain. Since the accident, I had no insurance so I bounced around from clinic to clinic and some med studies but never got relief. Even once I was actually diagnosed it was very very hard to get pain meds. They're super restricted. But... I'll be honest... I'm hooked. It's been almost 6 years straight on meds and I know I NEED them for pain but it's gone beyond that. I have a fairly high tolerance now but I finally have a Dr who isn't scared to prescribe em for me. You WILL need to take Gabapentine that is good for the nerves, and some muscle relaxers as well.. I found Baclofen to be an okay one for during the day but they're so week I double or triple em. Tizanidine is one I use for night time, that's... mm, okay. But I also take Seroquel which knocks my ass out. If you can find a good pain management Dr, you can ask for a TENS unit if you're trying to stay away from opioids, it's an electro-muscle simulator that does give SOME relief, even for me and I have extensive severe nerve damage or you start your path with pain meds. I've tried em all. Feel free to ask. Also.. they'll MAKE you do physical therapy, which, if it isn't severe may be all you need, if not, and the damage is bad you'll need a replacement/fusion. I just had mine last March. Feel free to ask my any questions you may have. Like I said, I've been goin down this road for... too long.

I have compressed nerves after a laminectomy ,doc said I was at the end of my rope with what they could do!Hey Yall, Im a 12 yr pain management w/ fent.and perk 30 ,I got sick of the whole $hit racket ,pulled that patch off last friday. God Knows I Hurting So fin Bad ...No serious withdrawal symptoms up to 900 gabapentin,0 nausea diarrhea,only took 1a total of 6 mg of loperamide in 6 days.. Melatonin sleep aid and for anxiety 2 at a time. Zofran 0.4 mg as needed If I felt a bubble, I took 1 was takin muscle relaxer 4 mg Tizanidine Ok yall Heres the kicker ,I've been taking 300 mg a day of tramadol for the first time in my life sometimes.Now understand this Ive taken every other kind of opiate pain medication at first injectable mepergan. If you truly know,Tell me when to stop each meds Ill know what will come probably some ,so I can take it ! THANK AND BEST TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS STRUGGLING WITH THESE DEMONIC $HIT ,but at the time she was beautiful liar....Love and Peace,Wolf Singleton

"I destroy homes, tear families apart - take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold - the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
And if you need me, remember I'm easily found.
I live all around you, in schools and in town.
I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door.
My power is awesome - try me you'll see.
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul.
When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie.
You'll do what you have to just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms, will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.
You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad.
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised.
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from God, and separate from friends.
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side.
You'll give up everything - your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.
I'll take and I'll take, till you have nothing more to give.
When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live.
If you try me be warned this is no game.
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind.
I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.
The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed.
The voices you'll hear from inside your head.
The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see.
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do.
But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen.
Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
You could have said no, and just walked away.
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I'll be your master; you will be my slave.
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not?
Its all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than words can tell.
Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell."
Signed
DRUGS

I just read that poem on Facebook literally yesterday...wow crazy