• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pain management; Kratom+DXM+Chlorpheniramine

Mracid

Bluelighter
Hi, I have shoulder pain and clinics are closed on weekend, so I was wondering if mixing like 90mg of DXM,with something like 5-8g of kratom would be a good alternative to painkillers. This would only be for 2-3 days until I see a doc. I can't see any problem with this combination on a pharmacological stand point, even tho kratom would make DXM stay in the system longer and produce less DXO since its a CYP2D6 inhibitor and CYP3A4 inhibitor.
What I predict is a moderate NMDA antagonist effect, with medium Serotonin effect, moderate-high opioid effct, I also plan on taking ibuprofen with Methocarbamol as a Anti-inflamatory and another muscle relaxer. I don't fear CSN depression as I have an insanely strong stimulating system and the doses are moderate.

If any1 see something I did not, I would appreciate explanation about what to consider to see if I shouldnt take it.

I wont take Chlorpheniramine in retrospect.

Last edited:
I just took something like 100mg DXM 4 hours after my last kratom dose so I think the only interaction I will get for today is a low enzyme interaction and mabe slight opioid effect, but my question is still on because I plan on using them both at the same time tomorrow, so any information on the combo Med Kratom+Med DXM for pain killin properties would be welcomed. I also wonder if Kava could mix well with that, but I am not really planing on using it unless its good in the combo.

ive done this about 3 times...the dxm makes the kratom about 2x stronger....like you took double

good to know, So take DXM before kratom? So that DXM potentiate kratom and not the other way around from enzyme inhibition like I did 2 days ago..?

well i have chronic back pain and 5-6 grams was enough to put my pain down almost 100%..i was and still am surprised a legal, weak plant could help so much!it helped my back pain better than heroin, methadone, oxy and lesser opiods like nubain and tramadol! btw i never thought to add DXm to my kratom and it still worked great so

It would be bad for your brain and body, and mental/psych-wellbeing, to take 90mg of DXM. Additionally, it would be equally unwise to take 20-30mg+ for longer than about 4 days at a time, and really only for sicknesses.

If you try DXM for pain, you will approach or run into the pyschosis and mental problems that are caused by NMDA-antagonist (ex. PCP, MXE)

I'd agree with you if 80mg DXM made me feel anything at all ! My guess is that I react very poorly to depressant due to an overactive Ionic related transmission in my CNS. So in my situation only, I would go between 100mg and 160mg and I would NEVER use it more than once a week to kinda reboot my Opiate tolerance.
I have cannabis, Lyrica, kratom and benzo that I can put in the rotation even if thats not ideal its better than nothing. ATM I am kinda stuck in a corner because of bad doctor(ssss) and can't handle spasms, cramps, tension headache, shoulder pain and no sleep all at once without anything.
Once my shoulder is healed (yeah I got lucky I injured my shoulder and it causes spasms that cause pain, when you add that to my hypertonia it makes it less than fun) I will have only spasms, cramps, tension headache and insomnia, I also have an appointment for an electromyography when the results are out I will get my diagnostic of Hypertonia or Spasticity and wont need to think about what substance can I get access to to simply temporarely cure my FKN evident problem that is easy to solve; baclofen. It is ironic that here in canada Medical care is free but you dont have a fucking word to say about your treatement other than do you want it or not !
Everytime I mention anything to any doctor they look at me like I want to do their job, one of them even said it. Altho he also said I had a mental dyskinesia symptom after taking Seroquel for sleep... (my symptoms were loss of intellectual and emotionnal landmarks) I mean Dyskinesia is a movement disorder not a psychological confusion... When I told Him he said its possible to have a MENTAL Dyskinesia, it litterally made me laugh.
Anway I went a little off topic.

I have aborted the idea as I will get an electromyography test in a week and do not want to compromise the results so I will be stopping any muscle relaxing substance this week to clarify the results as my muscle without drug help to reduce spasms.

I wouldn't use DXM with any sort of regularity, it's incredibly bad for your psyche. I was briefly addicted to DXM a while back, though I did take higher doses, which resulted in some pretty severe DP/DR. Additionally, if I don't take enough to feel the mental effects/high, I don't get much pain relief. However, DXM was an absolute lifesaver as a rescue med when I was dealing with episodes of severe pain. I had to take a high 2nd/low 3rd plateau dose but I didn't feel a single goddamn thing, which is amazing when you're pain is an 8+ on the pain scale. If you're going to use DXM daily, which I don't recommend, at least do an extraction or get DXM powder, but if you do the latter I'd personally get it tested at an independent lab to make sure it's legit and pure. The inactive ingredients in gel caps or cough syrup are pretty bad for you, especially with regular use. If your shoulder pain is muscular or muscle-related, would a muscle relaxant be an option? Or even something for nerve pain or physical therapy? I'm just shooting in the dark though. I'm all for the kratom use, but I think DXM as a pain killer should be reserved for severe pain episodes, if you don't have access to anything else.

I wouldn't use DXM with any sort of regularity, it's incredibly bad for your psyche. I was briefly addicted to DXM a while back, though I did take higher doses, which resulted in some pretty severe DP/DR. Additionally, if I don't take enough to feel the mental effects/high, I don't get much pain relief. However, DXM was an absolute lifesaver as a rescue med when I was dealing with episodes of severe pain. I had to take a high 2nd/low 3rd plateau dose but I didn't feel a single goddamn thing, which is amazing when you're pain is an 8+ on the pain scale. If you're going to use DXM daily, which I don't recommend, at least do an extraction or get DXM powder, but if you do the latter I'd personally get it tested at an independent lab to make sure it's legit and pure. The inactive ingredients in gel caps or cough syrup are pretty bad for you, especially with regular use. If your shoulder pain is muscular or muscle-related, would a muscle relaxant be an option? Or even something for nerve pain or physical therapy? I'm just shooting in the dark though. I'm all for the kratom use, but I think DXM as a pain killer should be reserved for severe pain episodes, if you don't have access to anything else.

I would NEVER use DXM daily! How awful for Long Term Potentiation, and risk onley's lesion (I know they havent been proved on human but mices did have them). What I was considering was to use it only once a week within my rotation to potentiate kratom because 2 weeks ago I injured my shoulder and since I have Spasticity or hypertonia the pain is worse than normal people have, also my doc only gave me 5mg cyclobenzaprine a day even if I said it didnt do anything to me last time I was prescribed it, I do not take it this drug is worthless.
My rotation consist of: Cannabis, Kratom, benzodiazepines,Cannabis, Kratom, benzodiazepines,Lyrica. I use my benzo only 1/3 days because the dose I have is too low for me to feel it and its zopiclone so half life is pretty short.

You shot in the dark but still hit the center of the target! Muscle relaxers like benzo are what makes me feel the lowest amount of pain, even more so than kratom, but there is not one doctor I see that aggree with prescribing them to me! I am really pissed off about it since even if I discard my shoulder pain, I get HORRIBLE headache, distasteful spasms, and really disctracting cramps. Thats why I can't wait to get my diagnosis and medication, then I will be able to get rid of daily use of drugs that I would only use once in a while in normal conditions.

A shot in the dark but have you tested your Vit D level ?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3347929/
A study in a previous issue of the Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care (SJPHC) adds to the growing list of publications on vitamin D as a possible treatment for chronic pain. It describes a high prevalence of hypovitaminosis D in patients with non-specific musculoskeletal pain, headache, and fatigue.

I would NEVER use DXM daily! How awful for Long Term Potentiation, and risk onley's lesion (I know they havent been proved on human but mices did have them). What I was considering was to use it only once a week within my rotation to potentiate kratom because 2 weeks ago I injured my shoulder and since I have Spasticity or hypertonia the pain is worse than normal people have, also my doc only gave me 5mg cyclobenzaprine a day even if I said it didnt do anything to me last time I was prescribed it, I do not take it this drug is worthless.
My rotation consist of: Cannabis, Kratom, benzodiazepines,Cannabis, Kratom, benzodiazepines,Lyrica. I use my benzo only 1/3 days because the dose I have is too low for me to feel it and its zopiclone so half life is pretty short.

You shot in the dark but still hit the center of the target! Muscle relaxers like benzo are what makes me feel the lowest amount of pain, even more so than kratom, but there is not one doctor I see that aggree with prescribing them to me! I am really pissed off about it since even if I discard my shoulder pain, I get HORRIBLE headache, distasteful spasms, and really disctracting cramps. Thats why I can't wait to get my diagnosis and medication, then I will be able to get rid of daily use of drugs that I would only use once in a while in normal conditions.

My bad, I misunderstood. Once a week is ok, I'd still say every 2 weeks would be ideal, but I also understand what chronic pain is like and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I was there not that long ago, I actually had a pretty similar rotation going for a while. I don't know if I'm allowed to even say this but since it's not direct sourcing(close enough to sourcing). I have very little faith in doctors as well. Just make sure that if you ever go the self-medicating or supplementing way, you really need to do your research, though you've already done a lot. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, I misunderstood. Once a week is ok, I'd still say every 2 weeks would be ideal, but I also understand what chronic pain is like and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I was there not that long ago, I actually had a pretty similar rotation going for a while. I don't know if I'm allowed to even say this but since it's not direct sourcing<snip>. I have very little faith in doctors as well. Just make sure that if you ever go the self-medicating or supplementing way, you really need to do your research, though you've already done a lot. Good luck!

Well I was considering it for once a week for about 3 weeks for my shoulder to heal. But I aborted the idea because I have an electromyography test coming up and do not want to mess with the results.

Last edited by a moderator: