Site Feedback Page Colours -- What Happened?

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter
For one post about 35 minutes ago in a thread about smack, I have the screen come back up after posting something, and the colours of the page were all shades of white, grey, and black -- it was so gorgeous, but it disappeared when I went to another thread and I am not finding how to get it back. I am thinking that I am overlooking something obvious, or is there a ghost in the server?

I am not finding how to get it back.

A few possible answers.

Sometimes a page doesn't load properly, and one would have to refresh. Though, this behaviour is more obvious on looking partially wrecked (things not in the right places, long strings of text), and doesn't present itself as a color change.

Sometimes we force a style (color and/or layout theme) upon a forum. For example, the Festivus forum currently has a dark theme we're trying out, though it usually has a more festive holiday theme when we open it for Christmas-NewYears. We also turn the whole site to a black-and-white dark theme in February to recognize those we've lost over the years, but that is site wide. We don't currently force a style anywhere else, though there are other styles available.

If you go to the bottom left of any page there is a style chooser (admittedly, it's damn near invisible in our standard "BL Style")

Clicking on that brings up a window of styles you can choose from which is currently pretty slim, but is available to you with a "BL Dark" which you may have slipped into and out of - you can choose this as your style for all forums (except where we force one) if you wish.

We do hope to fine tune the darker one in Festivus and make that a regular option as well in coming months and perhaps others along the way. Right now, "BL Style" (our standard light blue) and "BL Dark" (a b&w version) are all we offer.

Does this help?

A few possible answers.

Sometimes a page doesn't load properly, and one would have to refresh. Though, this behaviour is more obvious on looking partially wrecked (things not in the right places, long strings of text), and doesn't present itself as a color change.

Sometimes we force a style (color and/or layout theme) upon a forum. For example, the Festivus forum currently has a dark theme we're trying out, though it usually has a more festive holiday theme when we open it for Christmas-NewYears. We also turn the whole site to a black-and-white dark theme in February to recognize those we've lost over the years, but that is site wide. We don't currently force a style anywhere else, though there are other styles available.

If you go to the bottom left of any page there is a style chooser (admittedly, it's damn near invisible in our standard "BL Style")

View attachment 16398

Clicking on that brings up a window of styles you can choose from which is currently pretty slim, but is available to you with a "BL Dark" which you may have slipped into and out of - you can choose this as your style for all forums (except where we force one) if you wish.

View attachment 16399

We do hope to fine tune the darker one in Festivus and make that a regular option as well in coming months and perhaps others along the way. Right now, "BL Style" (our standard light blue) and "BL Dark" (a b&w version) are all we offer.

Does this help?

Absolutely -- thank you very much

Another possibility is that it was your browser? Most have built-in modes to change the website colors these days - dark modes, light modes, monochromatic modes etc.

Well, I changed the YouTube colours to the greyscale/nighttime/nocturnal about two weeks ago, so I suppose that was a possibility . . . maybe leaking over for a second?

Reactions: CFC
Well, I changed the YouTube colours to the greyscale/nighttime/nocturnal about two weeks ago, so I suppose that was a possibility . . . maybe leaking over for a second?

Yeah, that makes sense. I've never seen BL in the color mode you describe, but maybe see if you can find a setting like that in your browser to make the change permanent if you really like that look.

I got the dark theme since it's available really, I love it more and it's easier on my eyes for whatever reason than the blue and white one.

did you change it?

it looks different now......what's up with the new font and background?

It's solved, I had the BL Dark 1 style activated initially but it transitioned on its own to BL Dark 2 style, but CFC helped me in figuring it out, thanks anyway!

I hate that I'm such a creature of habit these days. I'm loving the BL style and get pissy when I accidentally change it.

I think it's great that XF allows for such personalisation. The styles we've currently got seem to cover a lot of people's needs and preferences.

Yeah, more styles would be really great, if there is any way I could help, please reach out. I'm really eager to help out more than I do, sometimes you guys got so many duties, if they are not that hard to do, feel free to contact me. Plus even if they are a little bit more difficult, with some tutorials and guidance there could be some quick results, I'm a good learner.

I think it's great that XF allows for such personalisation. The styles we've currently got seem to cover a lot of people's needs and preferences.

IIRC, if the festivus style that yous chose is the one that I suggested, then it allows for simple iterations of the same colours/theme. So you could have blue/dark, pink/dark, green/dark, etc. It gives quite a few different choices. I think (hope) it's that one anyway.

Dark themes are the shit!

Also this one worked (and looked good) in testing, just for a free quick fix, but I kept crashing the site with it when we went live. I think it was something to do with some kind of theme settings that have presumably now been resolved.