• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

P.Subcubes contain strychnine in victoria myth?

bikki_muncher69

Bluelighter
Have been told by a friend that shrooms in victoria (p.subcubes) contain amounts of strychnine on the outside and need to be wiped before you ingest them otherwise you can possibly get very sick. This is coming from a story, one of his mates, mates ate a few got very sick ect.. I just thought the strychnine thing was a myth but just cheaking anyway!.

Defenitely a myth. Normally i hear people say strychnine is in acid but now people think its in mushrooms? 8) I have been picking and eating subs for a long time and have never gotten seriously sick from them bar a little nausea.

Your mate who got sick most likely ate the wrong mushroom/mushrooms, which could have been potentially fatal. I'd go with this over them having strychnine on their surface.

^ yar exactly what i thought i too have eated shrooms and other than slight expected nausea I tripped balls. Definatly would have been a wrong mushie i would be thinking.

It sounds like rubbish but I would not completely ignore this one, taking care when eating mushrooms is important practice. Eating mushrooms has its dangers and harvesting the wrong type of mushrooms is one of the big problems for inexperienced shroomers.

But before we completely dispel this myth I imagine its not completely impossible for mushrooms grown in and around fertilizers or pesticides to absorb some of it and if you eat enough it could possible have a nasty effect on you. While I seriously doubt any kind of strycnine would intentionally get into your mushrooms I can see how unwanted poisons might accidently be included with your harvest.

It's funny, so many people have said there is strychnine in mushrooms and yet they were still happy to eat them. Same with acid. People do bulbs while they think N2O freezes your brain, pop pills while thinking it leaves poisons in your spine, do ketamine while thinking it puts holes in your brain.
I think ketamine may be re-writing reality while I'm in the K-hole, and that all my memories that come back to me might be new and fake, and for all I know I could have been a space-monkey on the far side of the galaxy before I went into the K-hole, but I still take it.
Some people will never learn =D

Fry-d- said:
But before we completely dispel this myth I imagine its not completely impossible for mushrooms grown in and around fertilizers or pesticides to absorb some of it and if you eat enough it could possible have a nasty effect on you. While I seriously doubt any kind of strycnine would intentionally get into your mushrooms I can see how unwanted poisons might accidently be included with your harvest.

I completely agree with you here, in that it is completely feasible for mushrooms to absorb dangerous substances from the ground that they are growing in.
However when i hear people mention strychnine they phrase it as though it has been intentionally added as a poison or as i have heard, to make you "more high" or to have a more "interesting trip." :p

you would be hard pressed to find subcubensis in victoria, subaeruginosa is what we get in abundance.

mushrooms grown in polluted environments can absorb toxins directly into their tissue. this is mainly likely to be mushrooms growing in industrial areas where they soils might be contaminated with petroleum based compounds, heavy metals and pesticides. to avoid getting something nasty in your shrooms dont pick them from anywhere that may be in anyway polluted.

and as for your friends advice, if there was strychnine in your shrooms it would be in the tissue not on the surface

I allready pick shrooms and I can identify them so im not asking for any help, was just clearing up that myth that there is nothing other than psilosybe in Psilosybe mushrooms! 6 months till shroomin time!

Yeah your right atom_boy, i didnt even realise the title said subcubes. I was referring to subaeruginosa.