• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OxyNEO Megathread - Anything and everything related to OxyNEO

Albion

Bluelight Crew
OxyNEO

194380_634666385877983977.jpg

Well guys, the next generation of pharmaceutical opiates is here and it is in the form of the brand new OxyNEO, 'absue-proof' pill. All related discussion, info, reports and whatnot goes here. It may be abuse proof but this will result in a lot of questions, and these questions will need answering. We aren't here to help you get high but we are here to offer advice on how to use OxyNEO responsibly and reduce the harm this formulation can cause. We've had a couple of threads on OxyNEOs scattered about but as of now it'd be great if all discussion could be consolidated into this (soon to be) megathread.

Here's some background reading:

OxyNEO – Comes to Canada

Ontario OxyContin Replacement Drug Comes Under Tighter Rules

As I understand it, the NEOs have been brought to market in Canada. Have they begun distribution across the border in America yet? Or any other country for that matter?

Last edited:
As far as I know OxyNeo is a canada only thing: theyre the equivalent of OPs here, which were dropped on us about 18 months ago (I believe it was august before this past one when I saw OPs for the first time). If my memory is correct, OxyNeo is just the OPs catching up with you canadians. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

As far as I know OxyNeo is a canada only thing: theyre the equivalent of OPs here, which were dropped on us about 18 months ago (I believe it was august before this past one when I saw OPs for the first time). If my memory is correct, OxyNeo is just the OPs catching up with you canadians. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I believe you are absolutely correct............the next new pill to come on the market which people will fall in love with will be the new hydrocodone (Zohydro) is the name & they are expecting a release date of 2013 some time. Four companies are each working on their own versions of the drug, and the earliest of these could hit the market in 2013 if approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, according to Associated Press reports.

As for the OxyNeo, like the person above mentioned, its supposed to be a abuse proof pill like the OP's here in the USA. The OxyNeo's were released in Canada.

Welcome Canadian friends to the world where old school OCs are going to be very hard to come by! Enjoy what you have while it lasts! :)

For any of you taking these for Chronic pain and not abusing them for fun please let us know how these compare to the old ones when you refill. The OPs down here in the states are disliked by a lot of people that take them for pain instead of for the buzz and claim that the OPs are not as effective as the original OCs. Many people are begin switched from OPs to Opana down here now.

I'm am curious because I know the OxyNEO isn't *exactly* the same as our OPs. I think they excluded a known carcinogen from the formulation.

We will be falling in love with hydrocodone? I find that hard to believe?

You ever do a CWE to vicodins? If you have, then you know what kind of high basically pure hydro gives off. Imo, pure hydro is better than pure oxy........

Welcome Canadian friends to the world where old school OCs are going to be very hard to come by! Enjoy what you have while it lasts! :)

For any of you taking these for Chronic pain and not abusing them for fun please let us know how these compare to the old ones when you refill. The OPs down here in the states are disliked by a lot of people that take them for pain instead of for the buzz and claim that the OPs are not as effective as the original OCs. Many people are begin switched from OPs to Opana down here now.

I'm am curious because I know the OxyNEO isn't *exactly* the same as our OPs. I think they excluded a known carcinogen from the formulation.

The Opanas have switched over to the abuse proof also............

The Opanas have switched over to the abuse proof also............

Are you speaking of the "ERs"? Because I've done plenty of those and I assure you they are far from abuse proof. I'm sure I'm not up to speed on things though...

Edit: Just checked, and sure enough they're changing Opana too...oh well at least I got to try before they changed 'em. :(

Are you speaking of the "ERs"? Because I've done plenty of those and I assure you they are far from abuse proof. I'm sure I'm not up to speed on things though...

Edit: Just checked, and sure enough they're changing Opana too...oh well at least I got to try before they changed 'em. :(

Yeah man, I believe they just switched them on March 1st........ive read on this site where some people were doing like 120mgs a day of Opana......now with the switch, they will suffer, its a shame.

yeah its ON, but you cant crush em even with a pill crusher, i get 2 a day and you cant do fuckall turn to like a plastic when you try and cook them down. even when you chew them they sqiush almost like gum. there useless i just trade them.

The fortune magazine aticle on Purdue Pharma wasn't bad. They are making a concerted effort to keep people from abusing these pills, which is good. The bad is that people will try anyways and hurt themselves.

Look at opana... they basically created a drug with 2,3,4 times more oxymorphone in it than the famous "blues" which were 10mg. Who'd a thought people would abuse those? Its like they create problems just to solve them...

No Muvolution--The bad is that those of us who need these meds to have anything close to normal human function, are now totally screwed. Opana was a great medication, and for many of us, it was the only one that gave us decent quality of life. Now, that has been taken away (at least, until the generics with the old formula come out in a few months). I have five months of hell to look forward to because of this switch. And I know you are a knowledgeable person, so I am sure you are aware that Endo did not do this reformulation out of some social consciousness. The only reason they did it was to limit the generic market, through a deal with the FDA that rewards them for this change with a new 10 year exclusivity on the new Opana ER formulation. They would fill the pills with Anthrax if they thought it would increase their first quarter profits.

How can you get around the new OxyNeo formula. I got a bunch of 20mg pills and this is fucked. Anyone with anyway to get them broken to snort?

You ever do a CWE to vicodins? If you have, then you know what kind of high basically pure hydro gives off. Imo, pure hydro is better than pure oxy........

Pure hydrocodone is very limited for it's pain killing properties for someone w/ most types of even moderate chronic pain...I'm sure most patients in this category will agree.
Most fans of this med' find it euphoric (for whatever reason) but for real pain, it is a real pain as a script'

Last edited:
As a chronic pain patient I can tell you "pure" hydro is NOT better than oxy. Hydrocodone is VERY limited especially people who have pain for a long time. Hydrocodone loses it's efficacy FAST and it doesn't even take away that much pain to begin with.

I think the person that thinks pure hydro is better is probably not a pain patient and is referring to the abuse potential, and even then, I disagree again, oxycodone is more recreational due to more euphoria but of course this is all subjective.

For me the above is true as well! Oxycodone over Hydro any day, but I'll take hydro when I'm dope sick of course. Oxycodone is just so much better for when I really need it for pain and was my preferred DOC when I was abusing them....well Opana was great too....

Opana is the best, it's not even fair to mention it when talking about lesser opioids =P
Only thing on par with it IMO/E is Dilaudid. I like how much better Dilaudid feels plugged compared to Opana, which is very poorly absorbed rectally.

Oxy OPs can be blown, it just takes a lot of grueling work. One must first shave the pill down to the waxy powder stage, then microwave, then freeze, then scrape, then chop, then snort, and even after all of this, the powder/crystals are somehow time released into your blood stream, carrying the "buzz" into the next morning, if used at night. The higher mg OPs (60s and 80s) never really change from the waxy powder stage to the crystal stage, and so they have more of a time release than the lower mg OPs when blown. I am interested in these new canadian neoOPs... I am just now hearing of them. I am wondering if they can also be abused in a similar fashion? As for abuse-proof Opana, I am still getting the yellow octagon 40s where I'm at, and they are gooooood, no real abuse-proofing or crush proofing as of yet.

The microwave method does not defeat the time release on OPs, nor does it defeat the gelling mechanism/anti-abuse

i take 3 80 mg oxycontin (240 mg a day) and i use to break up 1 or 2 if i need instant release, im in too much pain to go through a massive ritual to "try" and extract the oxycodone to get a rush but instead have resorted to just taking them as needed. this gives me a little relief but nothing special and i see myself taking far too much percocet to keep the pain at bay. now my question is what is a good substitue i can replace oxycontin with mg for mg and that i can possibly tamper with easily to get a rush and not have to kill my liver with percs. im not into IV'ing, id rather just take it orally maybe try snoirting or plugging it if need but id just prefer to take it orally crushed. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have been thinking of trying hydromorph contin but those beeds sound insane and i hear ms contin is the same if not worse. my doctor isnt very liberal with giving out opiates but he does know im hurting. ty in advance :) peace
i know u read this mom and im sorry :( fml -_- i just wish the pain would stop...

Last edited: