• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxymorphone questions

oxyfen

Bluelighter
O'Mone = (Oxymorphone)
O'tin = (Oxycontin)

I am getting just as tired as asking about O'Mone (Oxymorphone) as some of you are tired of seeing my O'Mone threads but I cannot get a direct answer.

I was on 80mg O'tin (Oxycontin) 4xd and wanted to reduce my mg's but get equal to better relief so my doc changed it to 40mg O'Mone 4xd because of the question and answers I received here.

I have found out that 40mg O'Mone is not equaled to 80mg O'tin by pain relief I experienced. Not even 2 O'Mone will equal the pain relief of 1 80mg O'tin. I have taken 3 O'Mone at one time and did not receive the pain relief of 1 80mg O'tin.
Why is it said that 1 40mg O'Mone is equaled to 1 80mg O'tin? The way I understand the BA (bioavailability) is; "this is the way the body absorbs the medication through the body" so it is said that "1 40mg O'Mone is equaled to 1 80mg O'tin" but the BA of O'Mone is between 5 to 8X's less than O'tin. So how is 1 40mg O'Mone is equaled to 1 80mg O'tin.

Guys I may be repeating myself but I hope you understand and can assist me with this.

They bind to different areas... Oxymorphone to Mu and oxycodone to Kappa. Give yourself time to adjust..... If you have the generics that you can crush and snort it will be much more powerful, but it is an easy way to go off track and run out fast... As well as washing the old formula (not the one hard as plastic, but the ones that crumble down) with ISO 90-99%, filter through a coffee filtered, and evaporated to leave something that can be IV, but is extremely risky as there still might be some harmful inactive ingredients in the leftover evaporated residue so definitely do not attempt without a micron filter. Cotton balls will not due even if you filter multiple times.

Again though you'll run out quick if you start using nasally or inject. Just something that might be useful at for breakthrough pain or at night when you need pain relief the most to be able to lay in bed and sleep although be careful as oxymorphone will cause respritory depression to a much more severe degree as well as the sleep inducing sedation and of course the last thing you would want is to overdose. Definitely reduce the dose to 5-10 mg to start if using nasally as it can easily induce nausea while IV doesn't really provide any rush, but it does provide immediate relief of pain and w/d, which can be a rush in itself although nothing like hydromorphone pins out morphines pins and needles.

Below is the bioavailability
Orally 10% of the dose is active
Nasally is about 40%
IV of course 100%

Oxycodone is near 80-90% every method of administration with orally having the highest bioavailability.... Strangely nasally it will cause me to nod hard even though the bioavailability is lower while IV oc seems weakest where orally it's near equal to nasal strength just with less nodding.

Hope to help you understand the change in meds. Just give it some days for your system to adjust to not having Kappa activity while having stronger Mu activity.