• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxymorphone potentiation

Lucy Bookit

Bluelighter
Ive had trouble finding any information on possible Oxymorphone potentiation. I understand that the same ones that work for oxycodone would not be applicable. I don’t plan on mixing with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants—not trying to stop breathing.

i am rxd the generic oxymorphone er 10mgs. I usually remove the outer coating and snort them, but I’m curious if there’s more I could do to maximize the effects. I have a fairly high tolerance (also prescribed oxy 10s). I’ve showered the internet and couldn’t find any answers.

Anyone have any info or can point me in the right direction?

Omg do not snort them just eat them man I swear that in itself will be plenty “potentiation” lol.
Idk smoke some weed that’s what I did when I started popping opioid pills? When you come down, smoke weed, and it’ll make you feel like you’re sorta coming back up on the oxymorph or any opiate really.
But to someone who has a high tolerance, it won’t work that way. If you’re at the point of seeking opiate potentiation/snorting pills; that’s not good you’ll be fully addicted soon.
Be careful

Dude, a decade on, I think that I know where I'm at with my opioid dependence. I'm very honest with myself about my addiction; I know I'm a junky. But I do appreciate your concern.

I usually take them whole to manage the pain while I'm at work on my feet all day. However I sometimes enjoy snorting them. I have to disagree--snorting them definitely is more euphoric, ime.

I go to a pain management doctor, so I cannot smoke weed due to being randomly drug tested. (When I used to smoke, the last time was 4 years ago, it started causing me panic attacks--so even if I could, I don't get the desired effects haha.)

I'm sorry but that previous poster is seriously misinformed. Oxymorphone when taken orally only has a 10% BA. Whereas when snorted it jumps to 40%. I would guess you already figured that fact out OP. Unfortunately i have never really done much with trying to potentiate my meds. I too am on generic Oxymorphone but at a little higher dosage. My thought is that snorting them is probably potentiation enough. Enjoy OP but please be safe.

Thanks BeachBum. Agreed--the oral BA is shitty. (However, it is pretty effective overall for pain when swallowed. The effects def aren't 12 hours though.)

I've been taking it sublingual recently. It seems to be pretty effective, not as much of a rush as snorted (of course) but definitely seems stronger than swallowed whole. I would prefer to swallow it with a method of potentiation, but there just isn't much information that i can find. (I mean, I'm a pharmacy tech so I have some solid background in pharmacology, but of course, just because you know some things, doesn't mean you know everything)

I am always as safe as possible. And if something horrible happens, I have my naloxone kit in my room and my husband knows how to use it.