• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxymorphone ER vs. Oxycontin ER for PM

Well i went to my doc today, next month he will raise my opana dose, still on 3x 10mg a day for now. He did up me from 120 15mg IR to 75 30mg IR though.

So i just wanna confirm...the opana/Oxymorphone ER that everyone seems to say is so strong and works great for pain relief...are they the same ones i get (actavis, logo on one side, 228 on the other, pinkish colored pill)?

Oxymorphone is a great leap forward to IV. Orally, it's twice the potency of oxycodone while shot, it's x10 stronger.

I would be flogging them and buying smokable H - it's the lesser of 2 evils... IMO.

If I can help, I will,
CC

im not interested in doing anything illegal, be it buying/selling legally prescribed drugs, or buying and using illegal drugs. im just looking for the best pain relief possible. the 30mg oxycodone IR pills give me great pain relief, the 10mg oxymorphone helps, but not as much as i'd like it. i think next month ill have him up me from 10mg 3x/day to 30 or hopefully 40mg, 3x/day. that should do the trick. it sucks that oxymorphone is so good via other ROA's, but orally it sucks balls, IMHO.

Indeed, mc..."i'm just looking for the best pain relief possible". Me too. I don't even like the Oxycodone IR that I am prescribed. I also don't like being made fun of saying so. I'm not interested in getting high. I need simply to GET UP and stay up, physically and mentally.

I'm so fucking scared that more major surgery is just ahead, possibly colon resection and (God forbid) I awaken with a permanent colostomy. I can literally FEEL the adhesions choking my bowels. I can't do this any more...

Indeed, mc..."i'm just looking for the best pain relief possible". Me too. I don't even like the Oxycodone IR that I am prescribed. I also don't like being made fun of saying so. I'm not interested in getting high. I need simply to GET UP and stay up, physically and mentally.

I'm so fucking scared that more major surgery is just ahead, possibly colon resection and (God forbid) I awaken with a permanent colostomy. I can literally FEEL the adhesions choking my bowels. I can't do this any more...

Trust me, i know what you are going through. I deal with the same thing. And my job is on the line now, it just overall sucks and isn't fair, its not like i asked for this life, and it seems the assholes that take advantage of government assistance get it with ease when they dont need it, but true pain patients that feel like killing themselves, get the shaft...

I used to be anti drug everything, even weed. I dont smoke still but i accepted that 75%+ of people, even very successful, use pot. I don't want to be on opiates my whole life, but for now, i literally have no other option.

what dont you like about the oxycodone IR? For me its a life saver, and the good that it does outweighs the negative side effects (mood swings, constipation sometimes, and withdrawals of you don't use it for a while. I'm supposed to have surgery again here soon within the next month or so.