• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxymorphone er harder to find, help substitute please lol

Jennajennjen

Greenlighter
Currently been prescribed oxymorphone er by my pain Dr.
They honestly work amazing for me and of course I insufflate them lol.
Unfortunately they have been getting much harder for the pharms around me to get in stock.
I've already waited over a week without my meds.
I need to know what other meds I could take that are equivalent and also be able to enjoy sniffing.

I currently get 90mg of ir oxycodone and 90mg 9f oxymorphone er per day.

Please help and thanks in advance!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but to be perfectly honest in my opinion you're probably not going to find a legal medication that is comparable to oxymorphone if you're looking to sniff it. :\

Well I guess that might depend on what country you're located in actually but in my country (USA) it's the case. To the best of my knowledge you're not going to be able to find or get prescribed another pharmaceutical opioid that is produced that will equate to 90mg of oxymorphone sniffed. Again if you're in a country other than the US you may different opioids available on the market. Out of the available pharmaceutical opioids sniffed oxymorphone especially at the doses you're mentioning is likely to be in a class of it's own sadly enough. I've had the pleasure of having had plenty of experience with the substance in the past & I just really can't think of anything. There are opioids that could potentially be a fit but wouldn't be in a sniffable form. Obviously there are other opioids that would fit what you are asking but if I understand correctly you're asking for something available at the pharmacy?

My answer is based on the assumption that it must be pharmacy available & sniffable BTW. :)

I currently get 90mg of ir oxycodone and 90mg 9f oxymorphone er per day.

Thats so much medication, I'm not even allowed tramadol for fibromyalgia, I can't believe you're allowed so much medication a day it's insane, you must be in loads of pain to get that amount, could you order your oxys online? If you have a legit prescription some company's post the pills to you, if you can prove you have a prescription

Not sure what county your in but there's sites on the net

Amneal BACKORDER. shipping problems. They are sending some oxymorphone er when they can or something. When my pharmacist finds them, she gets 3 months for me. I went 4 days without. You should have standby subs or fent if you're snorting 90mg OM ER a day. Your nose must be plastic inside. Maybe you don't absorb all the 90mg because if you waited a week and didn't find a solution in the first 4 to 8 hours, in or outside the pharmacy. Maybe you should check your nose and sinuses. Finger. Is it three 30mg ER?

Yeah you do NOT absorb the full dose when snorting Oxymorphone ER, because it gels in your nose. Believe me, that would be ridiculous wd's if you got the full 90mg, that would be like snorting half a gram of Oxycodone

Just snort your oxy IR's for now, it seems you get plenty of them

And consider giving your nose a break and grinding them up and swallowing them (though nothing will stop them from gelling, well except this alcohol extract method where you remove it)

And yes online pharmacies are an option

And it is very illegal to get a 90 day supply of a Schedule 2 Narcotic all at once

The only thing that I've heard can substitute iv about 150mg a day is Dilaudid. Start at about 24mg and have at least a dose of oxymorphone for at least 2 days. Dilaudid shots will disappear every damn 4 hours, so stock up. Thousands$$$. Other option is 100mcg fentanyl patches used correctly. Use a heating pad on the patch(es) to kill your leg spasms. Youll go to sleep prob. Finally, Suboxone. Always know where some are! You don't even need much if you have some other *** to use when you are feinding and squirming. Dont run out of OM. Take Xanax. Take addies if it quenches your psychological feinding. Lyrica is a god send, but you might not know the bliss it is with OM. Get hooked easy. Lots of Lyrica. Gaba and opiod receptors... Also, it numbs your legs, so cramps and writhing are shut down. Clean your nose with your finger not water. Plastic has to come out. I'm through

I don't understand why ur snorting oxycodone when it's got a higher BA taken orally. Couldn't u replace the oxymorphone with hydromorphone?

I don't understand why ur snorting oxycodone when it's got a higher BA taken orally.

I was thinking that it was much lower BA to snort oxycodone.... Like 50%? It's in the 90's orally isn't it. That's good advice!

I was thinking that it was much lower BA to snort oxycodone.... Like 50%? It's in the 90's orally isn't it. That's good advice!

Yeah its very inefficient taking oxy nasally. Taking it orally on an empty stomach with a glass of grapefruit juice would even rival taking it IV.

Oh yeah... Serzone ketacanazole diflucan tagamet and of course white GF juice. They started dying the white GF juice pink in the only grocery store that has it any more (white, real sour juice no Ruby red bs)

Thank you guys for your replies...

I sniff bc i have an addiction to sniffing unfortunately lol.

For the person who says they have fibro and can't get anything..., i was hit head on in a car accident and my foot was ripped off. I had a 7 hour surgery to reattach it. I don't have movement or much back so i walk crooked. It affects everything else in my body along with having fibro and other issues.

Yes, im in USA...

You guys have given me some great resources/information.

I do have subs on hand all the time bc my husband gets them. I hate them though...
I do also take mad gabs.
Currently wd and taking the shit outta my 800s lol...

I dont always have my oxys - don't really wanna say online why though.

And i haven't been able to find my opanas in 2 months, going on 3 bc i have a current script right now.

Id like to try online but i have medicaid as insurance...

And no, the generic opanas dont gel up. You just gently scrape wirh a knife and you're left with pure powder. They're the best.

Again, thank you guys!

You should think about plugging your oxycodone, give your nose a break. Rectal absorption is just as viable as IV for opioids. It’s great harm reduction too. You just have to put on a brave face. Woo hoo 2020: The Year of the Butt!

🧙‍♂️

Actually Oraland nasal BA% are EXACTLY the same for Oxycodone; both around 50%. Why people don't understand this, with the several studies I have posted is beyond me

Plugging is 34-73% BA, mean 50, yet it absorbs MUCH slower, tmax rectal 3-4 hours, Tmax PO 1.5-2hrs, Tanzania intranasal is ~ 20 minutes

Snorting gives the highest peak plasma, recttal takes hours to kick in yet last 6-12 hours

So that is the breakdown

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE, your or go through my posts from 2018-2019 and on Othet Drugs - They have all this info

And remember that plugging is most like Sublingual administration, both delay the onset of drugs/opioids, yet yield a longer duration

(Half-life is not as important )

Just as viable as IV LMFAO

Hey OP. The problem here is that Oxymorphone (Opana) is pretty much the apex of Opioid analgesics in the United States.

Your tolerance is no doubt very high at this point. Oxymorphone has a pretty unfavorable oral bioavailability. If you choose to insifflate it, you're going to get more bang for your buck, but you will also be left with a higher tolerance and an eventual need to insufflate the pills just to maintain stabiliity.

As others have said, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is another fairly powerful Opioid that is in the same league as Oxymorphone, if you will, but there's not reason why you couldn't substitute any other Opioid at the appropriate dosage. It could be Morphine. It could just be more Oxycodone.

In the end, it is going to depend upon what you have available to you more than anything. As I said, your tolerance is going to be pretty high from insufflating 90mg Oxymorphone per day. It is going to take a lot of Opiojds to match that.

Why dont you let us know what you have available to you and we can advise you on the best and most effective way of using it.

Do you have access to Gabapentinoids? You might be able to mitigate some of the really intense withdrawal symptoms and thus enable you to get by with less Opioids on board. Let us know what you are thinking of and we will help you out however we can!

I did not know you could snort the generics, seems like they would have to be Abuse-Resistant as well

I didn’t know you could still get opana er that is crushable ( generics I’m guessing )? oxycodone 30s you would need to snort like 6 a day if your used to snorting 90 mg oxymorphone daily. for me after opana came heroin then methadone then subs.

Oxymorphone got me to the point of inability to get that once truly amazing and imo the best euphoria. Run out... Dilaudid is the only substitute (a couple 100mcg patches kill withdrawal but uhhhh) when one runs out. $90 shots (three 8's) every 4 hours more or less is a.nightmare when it's 15 days to go. But then those first couple days again with OM are great. Dose climbs, cycle repeats. Trapped. Sitting with a heating pad on your fent patches on your chest shooting dillies (or usually muscling them--because veins just can't take the abuse-- repeatedly at first to stay out of withdrawal then to try to catch a buzz)

Its amazing how chemically and structurally similar Oxycodone and Oxymorphone are but vary a lot in potency! If u were to compare the two molecules side by side then u'd barely tell the difference, just a few different atoms at different places.

Oxycodone = C18 H21 NO4
Oxymorphone = C17 H19 NO4

Oxymorphone has just three less atoms than Oxycodone. Sorry I'm geeking out now lol.

Last edited:
Geekin out blurry eyed from squinting on your phone for who knows how many hours.... But great info. They are really similar you showed with the formula. It might not be believed by other people but both my legs have metal (one long plate down the leg and one leg with a rod INSIDE my tibia). I can chop up two or three oxy 80s (or whatever OP available to equal that). I don't take more than 2 semi-instant oxy 80s but will take more hours later. It has no effect on the awful pain in my legs. I'm rubbing my nose vigorously because I'm buzzed as hell, so I know it's a lot of oxycodone for me... Enough to kill my pain if it is going to at all. But it doesn't. I can take 20mg of instant release oxymorphone and be so damn loose that I can show my dad that I can hop both feet off the ground a couple inches. And I'm not high or buzzed because it's only 20mg. Oxymorphone has an extremely different effect for me. Unfortunately there's the crowd that just has to get that 100% instead of 10 and use it as one of the strongest opiates imo. I hang my head.

Those molecules that are slightly different allow me to walk now! Unfortunately the downside ruins the quality of life the pill allows. Stupidity or addict behavior...? Crushable OM is the next med on the chopping block I predict. I hope it comes out in a abuse deterent form and isn't just yanked from the pharmacy. It saved me until I became a dumb ass as usual.

Very different effects. Don't be scared of OM because of the 10%. You don't know because the dose is modified to make the pill functional. It may not be any help for you, but changing from 60mg oxycodone, 20mg OM with IR breakthrough 5mg, I found the only med that works!! OC and om may be chemically identical, but they are world's apart for me at least. (Starting to geek.... More to come I'm sure.......)

In what way does Oxymorphone differ from Oxycodone in terms of effects? I've never had Oxymorphone but I do know its got a low oral bioavailability.

I
I don't understand why ur snorting oxycodone when it's got a higher BA taken orally. Couldn't u replace the oxymorphone with hydromorphone?
I found that snorting/smoking opiates to be twice as strong as eating them. The literature and statistics (bioavailability, half-lifes etc)
aren't set in stone,if snorting an oxy wasn't twice as good as eating them we wouldn't do it

That was confusing above.... Maybe explain better??

When you swallow an oxymorphone 15mg to 40mg, there is a DRASTIC difference in effect from swallowing an oxycodone 30mg to 80mg (using the questionable "opioid equivalent"). It's very strange that (let's assume a opiate naive person) oxycodone will to some extent 'kick in." My nose would itch and "feel good" is overwhelming. If you have mild pain it will dull (this is kind of a general opiate naive or low tolerance person assumption).

Oxymorphone for me DOES NOT 'kick in" like OC. I have a skewed description of what happens when one takes 40mg of OM, but I'll think back to years ago. The time release on the new Amneal (global/impax...) crushable type not Opana take effect quicker, but it could be an hour and a half until one truly feels the effects. It is strange. The euphoria isn't blasting like OC, but it is wonderful. It's kind of like a "'quality buzz" that sometimes wanes to the background making those certain people want another or to take more next time. I said buzz but should have said high. For me, pain is non-existent. It's low key but seriously wonderful.

It makes some want to crush the ER and get all the medicine at once. Some stupidly snort. That's 43% BA. It can make you sick 6 to 8 hours later just snorting 20mg if done right. Others want 100% BA and stupidly get extremely hooked. Fucking HOOKED.

If anyone can figure out why the two meds hitting the same mu receptor cause such drastically different effects, please let me know! The med journals all lock me out, but I think it's unknown currently. One thing that could be a clue is Lyrica in high doses (1.5 to 2.1 grams) will "get on the same wavelength" as the intense high and cause both synergy and for lack of a better word... Potentiate. I've heard this to be true, and it might be a clue why the two meds differ so drastically but are nearly the same (at least in chemical formula as was clearly posted).

They are both very addictive, but 2 weeks after having no OM, if your tolerance is down to a few hundred milligrams of OC a day, you'll feel like you're clean! That's from 100% BA use of OM multiple times a day. The point is OM is very dangerous for some people.

Hope that helps ya. It's very dependent on the person I would imagine. Ya got what I know...