• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxydocone, how to get the most joy

cactus3

Greenlighter
So I just heard I won't have a long time left to live and because of severe pain, the doctor gave me an 'unlimited' prescription for instant release oxys.

Now I've had some fun with oxy before but managed to keep it limited to once a week max and had been clean for quite some time. However, I know the pleasure and would like to enjoy whatever time I got left with as much of that feeling as possible since I've got nothing to loose. (so no need for your well-meant advice of turning away and never looking back, please. I appreciate your concerns but answers would help me even more.)

What would be the best way to enjoy the high as much as possible while not skyrocketing tolerance? redosing 1-2x a day with 20mgs, 3-4x with 10 or 5x with 5 mgs? I've noticed something weird; last week when I first tried oxy after months, it would take 35-40mgs to feel anything. Now, about 5 days later, 5mgs puts me to sleep for a few hours. It's impossible to stay awake. I do not like that. The high and the buzz are cool, but the incredible, unnatural need to sleep is not. What could cause this and how to avoid?

Finally, I potentiate with a glass of tonic, magnesium citrate and tums before oxy, sometimes with an antihistamine (not promethazine) and loperamide.

How to enjoy the rest of my life the most?

Last edited:
Your parrot shouldn't be taking drugs. If you're really dieing that soon you should be in a hospice. This sounds really sketchy like your stealing oxys from someone dieing, which would be messed up.

Your parrot shouldn't be taking drugs. If you're really dieing that soon you should be in a hospice. This sounds really sketchy like your stealing oxys from someone dieing, which would be messed up.
There's nothing left for the doctors to do; and euthanasia isn't allowed. So I was basically sent home to die. Please don't accuse me of stealing the drugs without knowledge.

All they can do is make the last few months semi-comfortable for me, and I'd rather live 2 months high than 2,5 months sober and depressed.

Last edited:
You're not talking about a bird. You're talking about you. We don't SWIM here, or use pets to discuss our drug use. Please review the forum guidelines OP. Thank you.

You're not talking about a bird. You're talking about you. We don't SWIM here, or use pets to discuss our drug use. Please review the forum guidelines OP. Thank you.
Alright. Messed up with another forum, then, most places only allow swimmers. I'm sorry.

Yes, I am talking about myself. (Do I need to change it in my previous posts? )

That's up to you, but it would be appreciated so as not to encourage others to do the same. Thank you!

There is a thread about using NMDA antagonists to retard the development of tolerance to various drugs (including opioids). I don't have the link ATM but if you search "NMDA antagonist evidence collection" or something you should find it (might also have "anecdotal" iirc in its title).

Other than NMDA receptor antagonists there are only three ways I know of to deal with tolerance: take breaks, take the lowest effective dose no more than 1-2 times per day and use doses as consistent as possible, and to use potentiators.

There is a thread about using NMDA antagonists to retard the development of tolerance to various drugs (including opioids). I don't have the link ATM but if you search "NMDA antagonist evidence collection" or something you should find it (might also have "anecdotal" iirc in its title).

Other than NMDA receptor antagonists there are only three ways I know of to deal with tolerance: take breaks, take the lowest effective dose no more than 1-2 times per day and use doses as consistent as possible, and to use potentiators.
Thank you, that's what I take the magnesium for :) but is it 'better' to take a low dose more often, or a (slightly) higher dose less often? the blood content level would be lower on average but more constant when I take more small doses, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing for tolerance or not.

I never really found magnesium to be a viable NMDA antagonist when used for that purpose, so I don't know. I'd imagine you're need to take a lot of it.

Good morning! What my friend TPD is referring to is a drug called Ketamine.

Ketamine is a NMDA receptor antagonist.

It is gaining wide spread popularity for treatment resistant depression and resetting the pain receptors in your brain.

I cannot explain the complete method of action, but it defenately helps reset your pain receptors(to a point) so that less of your particular opiate is needed to produce the same level of relief.

It also has it's own lasting analgesic effects.

As far as oxycodone goes, I'm not sure you would ever get the joy you experienced back completely, without taking a break in the form of cycling other pain medication.

Methadone is an NMDA receptor antagonist, with a long half life.

After I had a few Ketamine infusions, I actually went from Percocet to Vicodin and had more relief.

I would also mention Opana/oxymorphone to your doctor. That would help your pain much more then oxycodone.

Magnesium counts as a NMDA antagonist as well.
There are better versions of magnesium to take then regular drug store stuff. It would still help.

Lastly, besides the tums, I would drop the Loperamide from your stack. Diphenhydramine works well with your opiates.

I've had the best results from oxycodone when dosing 10mg to 20mg at regular intervals.

Last edited:
Dont potentiate it. Especially not with an antihistamine if you are trying not to nod. Oxy was always one of the more energetic opiates in my experience, I rarely nodded unless I was mixing with downers. If you really have nothing to lose go score some coke or tell the doc the oxys are really helping but you dont want to be so drowsy, you will probably get some amphetamines and be buzzing pretty good.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you can enjoy the time you have left and please don't neglect your family/friends by being in a constant opiate haze.

My advice from my experience is fairly simple. Make sure you are WELL rested. Space your doses out as far as you can. 8 hours between doses if at all possible.

That's it. Years of oxy use and that's what I've got for you.

im having to maximize what little pain medication i get for a painful burn/skin graft and complications from infection. I recommend: Black seed oil, turmeric, kava kava, grapefruit juice, phenibut, kratom. Phenibut and kratom are additive rather than potentiating. phenibut and kratom are addictive.

Use dxm as the agonist instead of ketamine. I used Cough Relief from <snip> no sourcing. 20 15 mg pills for <snip> No price discussion.
I'd buy 5 or 6, that'd last me all month.

Took 2 in the morning, one mid afternoon & another early evening. The key is taking therapeutic doses in a daily routine. You just make sure the nmda agonist has taken effect before dosing opiates.

If you stop taking them your tolerance shoots up pretty fast again. <snip> a month is worth keeping tolerance low ;) good luck with finding peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Use dxm as the agonist instead of ketamine. I used Cough Relief from <snip> no sourcing. 20 15 mg pills for <snip> no price discussion.
I'd buy 5 or 6, that'd last me all month.

Took 2 in the morning, one mid afternoon & another early evening. The key is taking therapeutic doses in a daily routine. You just make sure the nmda agonist has taken effect before dosing opiates.

If you stop taking them your tolerance shoots up pretty fast again. <snip> a month is worth keeping tolerance low ;) good luck with finding peace

Do you have any issues with the dxm causing drowsiness? I may do exactly what you just mentioned as long as it won't cause me to fall asleep

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ YMMV, but ala you are using DXM hbr w/o the antihistamine, low doses shouldn't knock you out.

Therapeutic doses should be fine. YMMV.