• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OxyContin

I’ve got OxyContin and I want to remove the coating but they’re the kind with the tamper resistant coating. How can I remove it? This is all very new to me! Thanks!
I know this is an older post but wanted to contribute. I've had my own experience with the OP version and got myself off them as soon as the formulation was changed. The preventative measures are the entire pill not just the coating. The reason you see people on here that say they still get the OC version is because the chemicals they are using to make the OP version are banned for human consumption in some countries. They are made with polyethylene glycol (amongst other poisons) and I'm allergic to it, orally & topically. I have horrible reaction. GI pain of epic proportions if swallowed and blistering rash and peeling if it is in something topical, in toothpaste it makes my mouth raw and my gums red & irritated. The PEG is everywhere in the US; meds, shampoo, lotion, make-up, deodorant. I have to check everything I buy.
That all being said I know a guy who says keeping the OP in his mouth & biting into tiny pieces gets him the most benefit. I did find a research paper about how people try to tamper the tamper-resistant meds. It suggested that the above was a popular method. Best of luck I hope you find the relief you need in the future.