• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycontin user for medical reason would like to use Coke for recreation. Do or Don't?

Multiscan001

Greenlighter
Hello,

Sorry for my poor English but I have a serious question to ask and need help. Thank you!

I use OxyContin or Oxycodon and Oxynorm daily for chronic pain management. Have been using since 2008 and daily consume 180mg in total.

I would like to use a little Coke to have some fun and go to a party or two in the future. Since I broke my back in 2007 I've never been out due to severe depression and numbness feeling of the Oxy.

This year I feel much better and I would like to mingle with people and have some fun. Only, being tired through the use of opiates I know I won't be able to go out. Thus my interest in cocaine.

Just wanting to use a little, for the buzz and the energy kick, I'm wondering if it could go bad quickly and seriously. Should I use or shouldn't I use to Coke to go out. Are the risks too severe?

thank you for the help and information.

Your best bet is to be sober
But if you are sure you will stick to taking it once or twice every few months and you have no serious heart conditions, then you should be fine
If you just want to be awake and have a small energy kick, maybe try modafinil, it's pretty harmless in comparison to coke

I'd go out on a limb and say your tolerance is high enough that you'd be safe doing this, although not doing so regularly, like twice a month would be fine.

But obviously I advise you just don't mix stimulants and depressants.