• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin Potentiation - Is this safe/effective?

pally pete

Bluelighter
As my tolerance has reached levels that i would like to keep it at if possible or at least try and keep it from raising any further (i do realise the best way to lower tolerance is abstinence) Lowering my tolerance would be my ultimate goal but if im being realistic then there is not much chance of that happening.

Especially considering i can go 1-2 months completely clean of any Opiates yet my tolerance will have hardly dropped at all! And right now im probably using at least 1-2 occassions each month, usually 400-800mg Oxycontin in the space of around 3-7 days, usually averaging roughly around 160mg a day give or take a little, ground into fine dust and ingested orally washed down with a soft drink.

Ive always knew about Grapefruit juice, Antihistamines etc but only recently have i began to research Opiate (Oxycodone) potentiation a bit more seriously.

So ive come across various sources of information and ive been following some of the suggestions but was actually wondering how safe they are? Do they actually work? And/Or have i been getting it wrong..... with doses and the order and timescale im using the potentiators?

Some of the Potentiators i either cant get hold of for various reasons....

Here's the original list i tried to follow although some of the items were not available to me (i will make a note next to the ones i didnt use and maybe offer an explanation)

Below is all copy n pasted -

"to get the ABSOLUTE MOST out of your opiate, try N0 W4RN1NG's patented opioid potentiation formula:
T-45) 600mg Tagamet HB(Cimetidine HCl), a large glass of tonic water (or another source of quinine), and a large glass of (white) Grapefruit juice, preferably from concentrate.
T-35) 30mg DXM HBr, 4mg CPM, 25mg Benadryl(Diphenhydramine HCl), 330mg Naproxen(Aleve).
T-20) 2 Tums OR 1.5 Tbsp. of Baking SODA. (Obviously this step only applies if you are eating your opes)
T-0) Parachute\chew\rail\bang your opiate\opioid.
T+10) Smoke a bowl or two. Not more, you don't want to over power it."

So at T-45 i begin to follow the guidlines.....
Cimetidine (Tagamet) is not available OTC here in the UK so i was told to use instead Ranitidine (Zantac) 2 x 75mg tabs (150mg) I also drink a large glass of white grapefruit juice from concentrate aswell a large glass of Tonic water.

T-35) 30mg Dextromethorphan (DXM), 4mg Chlorphenamine Maleate, 25mg Diphenhydramine, 330mg Naproxen (Feminax ULTRA)
T-20) 2 Tums (Each tablet contains 500mg Calcium Carbonate)
T-0) Swallow my crushed into a powder Oxycontin (OC) washed down with a cup of tea

*Updated version below (im not sure which one is best to follow?)

* T-60) 600mg Tagamet HB(Cimetidine HCl), 1000mg DLPA OR 500mg N-Acetyl-Tyrosine and a large glass of (white) Grapefruit juice, preferably from concentrate. Add in an extra strength tums or 1.5tbsp. of baking soda if you are going to be eating your opiates.
* T-45) 30mg DXM HBr, 90mg phenyltolaxamine citrate, 600mg Magnesium citrate\taurate\glycinate\chelate
* T-20 A bottle of tonic water (quinine), 880mg Naproxen Sodium. A cup of coffee, or a strong black tea. Take another tums now if you're eating your opiate to counteract the tonic water
* T-0) Parachute\chew\rail\bang your opiate

Any words of advice appreciated, thanks.

The first few things outlined (and I've seen that guide before and used it and it does work but it can be a bit overkill sometimes as far as how effective it is...) are indeed safe - but you're using really high doses so...

Personally if you're using Tagamet (cimetidine) I would just use that to start out with and try that by itself first.

I've done various opiate potentiation cocktails identical to and similar to the one listed and it can make it feel like you took close to 75% more opiates than you actually did - so since you're dealing with very high doses I would take it slow with potentiation.

The first few things outlined (and I've seen that guide before and used it and it does work but it can be a bit overkill sometimes as far as how effective it is...) are indeed safe - but you're using really high doses so...

Personally if you're using Tagamet (cimetidine) I would just use that to start out with and try that by itself first.

I've done various opiate potentiation cocktails identical to and similar to the one listed and it can make it feel like you took close to 75% more opiates than you actually did - so since you're dealing with very high doses I would take it slow with potentiation.
Thanks for your imput. :)

I cant get hold of Cimetidine so ive gone for 150mg Ranitidine instead (although ive heard that this does not have the same effects)

As for the Antihistamine, when i used the guide before id dose 4mg Chlorphenamine and 25mg Diphenhydramine.. this ive just gone for 40mmg Promethazine.... i was going to take a cocktail of all 3 antihistamines but i was unsure of how effective they would be or if they were safe together...

I also only use around 330mg Naproxen as first suggested and not 880mg!

I don't think you'll really need to mix the antihistamines together. I potentiate with antihistamines (mainly doxylamine, diphenhydramine, and chlorphenamine) but I rarely mix them.

Promethazine is a better antihistamine than the other ones anyway, so I would just stick with that unless you don't like promethazine for some reason.

What is the naproxen in for?
Do you know if Tagamet HB(Cimetidine HCl) is in for better absorption in gastrointestinal tract or it has other mechanism? The same with baking soda?

The Tagamet is a liver enzyme inhibitor (specifically various enzymes in the P450 system [source]) - those happen to be the enzymes involved in processing many of the opiates (including oxycodone).

The naproxen isn't really for anything (unless you actually are in pain - then it does make a difference...).

I would deff not take tagament, or naproxen, naproxen is like ibuprophen and anti inflamatory, but if youre in pain ,then I would NOT take 600mgs of oxycontin in 3 days...I would make 600 mgs last me ten days if I were you so your tollerance drops,
Heres my monthly cycle which Ive been on for 5 years.

I take 5 oxycodone 30mg tabs a day. 1 tab every 4 hours
I also take 1 oxycontin 40 mg tab a day at night.
And for anxiety 1 xanax 1mg tab every 8 hours.

This is the perfect dose...thats 150mg of oxycodone a day , Ive lowered my tollerance before just cutting my dose in half, gradually weaning my self off it..Do less and less each week until i reach a point where I dont need it anymore...off course when you dont need it anymore you cant just quit cold turkey, I would use subs.. Benadryl helps the itching.. ive taken this dose for 5 years and i still itch from the opiod sometimes...

The Tagamet is a liver enzyme inhibitor (specifically various enzymes in the P450 system [source]) - those happen to be the enzymes involved in processing many of the opiates (including oxycodone
I'm pretty sure that in addition to that it can help with absorption. Not all drugs, but it does generally help with opioids. It depends on the pH of the specific drug.

So basically the only thing really worth using which is going to make any noticeable difference is Tagamet (Cimetidine) which i cant get hold of here in the UK anyway!

So the rest is just a waste of time and money... except maybe for the grapefruit juice and an atihistamine?

The DXM pointless aswell? or is 30mg half an hour or so likely to potentiate the Oxy and help keep my tolerance lower?

I think i may just add some Lorazepam into the mix (seeing as i already have a large tolerance)

So basically the only thing really worth using which is going to make any noticeable difference is Tagamet (Cimetidine) which i cant get hold of here in the UK anyway!

So the rest is just a waste of time and money... except maybe for the grapefruit juice and an atihistamine?

The DXM pointless aswell? or is 30mg half an hour or so likely to potentiate the Oxy and help keep my tolerance lower?

I think i may just add some Lorazepam into the mix (seeing as i already have a large tolerance)

they don't have tagamet over there pete?
time to move if you ask me ;)

~token

i take the 30 mgs with the oxy 40s, and a xanax, and a triazolam for sleep. works great, EVERYBODY is on this cycle here #bible

Don't mix two benzos and an opiate...at the doses the OP is talking about that could be extremely dangerous.