• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OxyContin 80mg - unusual (lack of) reaction

Pagey

Bluelight Crew
Hi there,

My husband and I got our hands on some 80mg oxys this week, having not touched the drug for years. We take codeine and DHC at very high doses regularly and occasionally tramadol, but that's it in terms of opiates/opioids. We expected one 80mg oxy to completely floor us; my husband got preeetty fucked but I more or less got nothing but a dry mouth and a bit of itchiness. We'd both crushed ours up and ingested them orally mixed with a drink to try and avoid the XR mechanism.

So, we ordered 5 more 80mg tablets to celebrate Friday night yesterday. My husband kindly let me have 3 of those given my previous lack of reaction. I had two of the tablets whole, orally, and crushed the remaining one, ingesting about half of it in a drink and snorting the rest. While my husband was high as hell for hours and hours off his 2 tablets (one ingested orally whole, the other crushed with half ingested in a drink and the other half snorted), nodding sporadically and quite clearly having the time of his life, with my 240mg I got nowhere near that. Don't get me wrong - I felt nice, for sure, but it wasn't that much more than I'd get from a high dose of DHC. I can't understand, for the life of me, why this has happened! I tend to take codeine a little more often than him but that's it - our tolerances are nowhere near different enough to justify such hugely different reactions.

All I can think to mention is that I'm on daily doses of 100mg lamotrigine for epilepsy (but my husband is on the exact same dose for the same reason...aren't we perfect for each other? (y)) and 100mg sertraline (zoloft in the US, I believe), which he does not take. I'm also on the mini-pill. I can't imagine there are any interactions there?! The other thing is I've had an insanely stressful couple of months due to work crap and I just wonder if it's possible the stress somehow overtook the oxy high?! But I find this so difficult to imagine given opiates/oids are literally the best at burying stress and misery for a while...

Anyway, I'm at a loss. Oxy is my favourite drug in the world and it would really make me pretty damn sad if I couldn't get more out of it from now on. If anyone has any ideas as to why this happened, or suggestions of what I might be able to do to help, I'd be really grateful.

This was a really peculiar event indeed - the oxys were from the exact same batch, and the roa can be pretty much considered near-identical.

And I was truly FUCKED, not just “well isn’t this a pleasant old time”, I mean nodding, couldn’t keep my eyes open/straight FUCKED.

If anyone has any ideas what might have caused this, we really would love your input!

My husband and I got our hands on some 80mg oxys this week

Correction: You very likely got your hands on some counterfeits, probably pressed with a fentanyl analogue. With *far* tighter regulations concerning the prescription of strong opioids, real OxyContin has become scarce on the street (on a sidenote, the formulation of Oxycontin was reworked to include a gelling agent years ago - you wouldn't be able to defeat the new time-release mechanism on real Oxycontins by just crushing them up).

These pressed fakes aren't exactly produced according to pharma quality standards, so the amount of the active ingredient in an individual pill (to say nothing of the variability between batches!) can vary widely.

Last edited:
What brand oxy were these? If they were the Torrent "OX" pills those are known to be often underdosed.

If they were a good brand like Longtec or Sandoz then it's possible you just don't metabolise oxycodone as well as you metabolise DHC. I am honestly the same. I get a better high from DHC and oral morphine than I do from oxycodone and yes I am 100% sure I had legit oxy.

@Hodor fake oxy is only really a problem in the USA, in Europe we still get OC formula and abusable generics. The OP indicated he is not in the USA so it's likely he got real oxy. If they were fakes they'd contain fent and he'd sure know about it.

Sometimes these things just happen with opiates though... I'm on a reasonable dose of morphine at the minute and some days I'll take, what is for me, a fairly low dose and feel floored by it whereas other days the same amount won't even touch my pain and even leave me feeling in mild withdrawals. They're all the same brand and all from a pharmacy with a prescription and all other meds consumed are the same...

There are just so many psychological and physiological factors at play that are close to impossible to quantify when it comes to highly subjective outcomes like how "high" one feels from opioids... Often when I'm in genuine agony, the feeling of pain relief alone can be highly euphoric in and of itself...

Sometimes these things just happen with opiates though... I'm on a reasonable dose of morphine at the minute and some days I'll take, what is for me, a fairly low dose and feel floored by it whereas other days the same amount won't even touch my pain and even leave me feeling in mild withdrawals. They're all the same brand and all from a pharmacy with a prescription and all other meds consumed are the same...

There are just so many psychological and physiological factors at play that are close to impossible to quantify when it comes to highly subjective outcomes like how "high" one feels from opioids... Often when I'm in genuine agony, the feeling of pain relief alone can be highly euphoric in and of itself...

This happens to me with pharma amphetamine too. Some days it's stronger than others, probably due to physiological shit like how much I ate the last day and how hydrated I am along with a bunch of less obvious random shit I'd never even think of like levels of magnesium and zinc in my body. And likely psychological stuff also like how high my baseline anxiety is that day.

I also notice that the way I react to certain opioids has changed over the years, possibly due to a difference in metabolism and enzymes. I used to get nothing from codeine but get a reasonable buzz off tramadol when I was at uni. Now it's the opposite, tramadol only gives me SNRI side effects with no high while codeine gives me a nice mild high. Both drugs rely on metabolism to be active.

@Hodor fake oxy is only really a problem in the USA, in Europe we still get OC formula and abusable generics. The OP indicated he is not in the USA so it's likely he got real oxy. If they were fakes they'd contain fent and he'd sure know about it.

Fair point.

That said, opioid counterfeiting has already made its way across the pond, with e.g. fentanyl showing up in fake percocets in London.

Fair point.

That said, opioid counterfeiting has already made its way across the pond, with e.g. fentanyl showing up in fake percocets in London.

Percocet aren't sold (aren't prescribed) in the UK though so I'd be highly suspect of them I'd be highly suspect if encountering them in the first place. With the availability of OC Oxycontins on the NHS fairly widespread it's not something anyone would really bother tull import either. Same with Xanax bars, they aren't and never have been prescribed over here either.

Seeing as how fentanyl is really shit to eat like heroin and needs to be used via a different roa swallowing some fake oxy with fentanyl in it will explain this kind of shitty mild experience.

Oxy is like that sometimes more sedating at lower doses been times I bought some been battered and other times took 100mg asked people if I look fucked and they said no u look normal.

I ain't bothering with Oxy too expensive for a two hour high I say that tho and the sickness the next day is nasty

Fair point.

I've seen that article but it sounds to me like an isolated incident where one dealer probably bought those off a US darknet vendor trying to cash in on hype likely arising from Future's Mask Off. I am in London and know a lot of druggies and trust me no one actively buys "Percocet." Like @apocalypse_when said we don't script it here and OC's are pretty readily available. Anyone who is serious about getting ahold of legit oxy won't have a hard time finding some. The only people who would try to buy "Percocet" are the same idiot hypebeasts who buy pressed bars and "lean." Not to say they deserve to get fent, because they don't, just that this is not a widespread issue for users of prescription opiates in the UK at all.

Also note that article is dated last year. There are no reports of those going around at all from this year and it's December next month. Like I said most certainly just an isolated incident with one dealer buying them off the darknet.

Now it is true fent in general is sadly a growing issue in the UK, but it's hitting the smack supply not prescription pills. There's a reason the only example of fake prescription pills with fent in them you can find in the UK are ones with an American brand that isn't even scripted here. The incentive to press 'em here just doesn't really exist. Also the police here are very strict about cracking down on fent. With most low level drug dealing they don't care too much unless something is obvious or someone snitches, but if there's reports of fent they will kick down doors looking to arrest anyone involved in distribution.

I've seen that article but it sounds to me like an isolated incident where one dealer probably bought those off a US darknet vendor trying to cash in on hype likely arising from Future's Mask Off. I am in London and know a lot of druggies and trust me no one actively buys "Percocet." Like @apocalypse_when said we don't script it here and OC's are pretty readily available. Anyone who is serious about getting ahold of legit oxy won't have a hard time finding some. The only people who would try to buy "Percocet" are the same idiot hypebeasts who buy pressed bars and "lean." Not to say they deserve to get fent, because they don't, just that this is not a widespread issue for users of prescription opiates in the UK at all.

Also note that article is dated last year. There are no reports of those going around at all from this year and it's December next month. Like I said most certainly just an isolated incident with one dealer buying them off the darknet.

Now it is true fent in general is sadly a growing issue in the UK, but it's hitting the smack supply not prescription pills. There's a reason the only example of fake prescription pills with fent in them you can find in the UK are ones with an American brand that isn't even scripted here. The incentive to press 'em here just doesn't really exist. Also the police here are very strict about cracking down on fent. With most low level drug dealing they don't care too much unless something is obvious or someone snitches, but if there's reports of fent they will kick down doors looking to arrest anyone involved in distribution.

I read a good VICE article on why fent isn't the same issue over here as the states and it came down to easy availability of Afghan heroin (which is the wrong colour to mix with fent post manufacture) and pills being easy to get. Also the slight rise in fent laced heroin in 2017 was tracked down to a couple of guys who bought it off the dark net and once they were arrested it hasn't really took off since.

Oxy is like that sometimes more sedating at lower doses been times I bought some been battered and other times took 100mg asked people if I look fucked and they said no u look normal.
^ this i've had mixed reactions myself to oxy at times, i'll always take it alongside hydromorphone though and usually attributed it to that, but i've been taking them without the combo as of late and notice about half the time i'll end up with more sedation than others, but its still nothing compared to morphine or hydro's sedation.

Oxy actually used to keep me from sleeping likely from all the dopamine it releases, but once i became accustomed to using it at night, it stopped having that effect on me, rather now i sleep much better when i take it beforehand, the body gets used to drugs quite easily, so does the mind, once you begin to expect somthing, you may not always experience the same.

I read a good VICE article on why fent isn't the same issue over here as the states and it came down to easy availability of Afghan heroin (which is the wrong colour to mix with fent post manufacture) and pills being easy to get. Also the slight rise in fent laced heroin in 2017 was tracked down to a couple of guys who bought it off the dark net and once they were arrested it hasn't really took off since.

Makes perfect sense honestly. And it really is true that the old bill will go after fent when they hear it's being sold, whereas low level smack dealers tend to get left alone, so there's obvious personal incentive for dealers to avoid moving fent.

Makes perfect sense honestly. And it really is true that the old bill will go after fent when they hear it's being sold, whereas low level smack dealers tend to get left alone, so there's obvious personal incentive for dealers to avoid moving fent.
fent is becoming less easily accessible i've noticed or atleast not as easily purchased in larger sums which is a good thing, but whats more worrying is the other RC opioids that are very very easily attained by the kilo

fent is becoming less easily accessible i've noticed or atleast not as easily purchased in larger sums which is a good thing, but whats more worrying is the other RC opioids that are very very easily attained by the kilo

Ive found the article...

It should be the same basic principle as with the codeine I take so this advice may help.

Eat with it.
Not before or after, you want to start on an empty stomach and get your stomach acids burning as you digest.
Makes a slower release pill release faster.

Also coke. A sandwich and a glass of coke with my codeine and I can get a buzz off even a fairly low dose.

Oxy absorbs better after a fatty meal or take it on empty stomach and have a bacon nutty and.glass of milk bioavsbility be sixty lowest depending on ph levels but u can get up to eighty ninety percent so is more dosage.