• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone withdrawal - day 2 ugh

I'm fairly sure that Kratom doesn't come up in urine tests, as it's not a 'real' opiate and the tests performed are testing for certain metabolites... It's not exactly an accurate way to test, to be honest, but it's kind of the best they can do without it being prohibitively expensive and/or overly intrusive. For instance, my ADHD meds cause me to test positive for amphetamines, and I'm on a registered database that can be accessed by LEO if I'm pulled over and drug tested by police... But, there have of course been times that I didn't take my meds for a couple of days, but *did* indulge in other substances, haha. I tested positive, but was let off because it's documented that my daily medication would cause that... So they're obviously not testing for primary drug use, but finding (likely) secondary metabolites, which many drugs would share at some point.

I have scripts for diazepam and alprazolam personally, so it's not a big to me to use them in those emergency times. But other benzos will obviously work if that's what you've got. My main surprising revelation was that using loperamide in conjunction with pholcodine (initially used just to combat the gastrointestinal upset and horrible coughing) actually had an impact on some of the other shitty WD symptoms. I didn't even consider that they would, being 'inactive' opioids in the way we generally think of them... But maybe just having *something* binding to those receptors helped dull the pain somewhat, along with the aforementioned GI and antitussive effects. It's not huge, but it's something, y'know?

Poppy seeds will do the job, rough and ready, but will definitely trigger a positive result for opiates if you're tested... As it's not 'helping minimise the affects of WD' but actually just giving you small amounts of morphine. Your mileage may vary, but I've found them extremely helpful in dire situations. And yes, definitely - Hot showers, hot, calming (caffeine free) tea, a healthy meal (or as much as you can), some routine and a recreational goal or aim that will make you feel good, but not cause emotional or practical problems if you can't complete it... All very useful tactics. I've felt like ending it all before because it felt as though I'd never be free of this demon, that I never meant to dance with, and sometimes just taking some of the worst effects away and giving myself something joyful to work towards, without beating myself up if I couldn't do it right then... Has saved my sanity and my life.

Hug a chicken, plant a seed, take a shower, change your clothes, take the rubbish out, order a pizza, edit a nice photo, download a movie you've been thinking about watching, sing a half remembered song to yourself, clean your glasses, have a shave, make your bed, turn the light out before you go to sleep, fill a bottle of water and keep it on your bedside table son you can actually stay hydrated when you can't get yourself out of bed... Man, every little thing is a win in those times and it all helps, even if it feels impossible at the time.

ha! You're awesome. Thanks for all this. Yeah I triggered mine test two months ago and had to retest. I'm pretty sure it'll be fine although my oxy level will be low. But I guess as long as it's there it's ok. but I'll stay away from poppy because of that. The Kratom is working for me just to get through my work week. I have two weeks before I can fill my next script and will go off the Kratom a week before or more just to be safe.

Ive never heard of pholcodine before. I'll look it up!
thanks for taking the time for all the info! You rule. :)

Yeah I only am using the Kratom til I'm closer to my script fill date. I will not use it or mix it w oxy. It's truly just to get me through my week without feeling totally awful, you know? But thank you for the warning.

My pill count is dropping due to the new government rules so I'm slowly cutting my pills way down. I mean it's a big cut to go from 180 to 120 in two months. I also went off morphine a few years back w no issues. ... again all this is for real physical pain but I can't take them "as needed" cause they are always needed! Ha.ha. Sigh....

i hope to find a way to be able to use a small dose for my chronic pain but I'm not sure it's possible. My friends don't do drugs like this. But my husband has severe chronic pain and uses these drugs too so someday I'll have to learn how to live with him doing them and me abstaining ... Or he may try to stop and see if his pain lessens off the oxy and morphine. It's tough when you have legit issues and your meds help but make you sick at the same time. The two of us know we need a healthier way... If we or I can't do it on my own, I'm open to treatment it Suboxone or whatever.

thanks for your advice. Have you kicked your oxy habit? I'm very lucky (im serious) in that where I live I have zero connections so I can't find pillz if I wanted to. So once a month I go off my meds for 1-2 weeks. It's tough but I'm learning new and better tricks to get through it. It sounds insane I know... Every month you think you can make your pills last... But they never do.

Thanks again for for your advice!!

Yeah I've heard the w/d from benzos are awful. I use mine for anxiety issues and am good about not abusing them. I always save some doses for my opiate w/d but in general I don't have problems with my benzos thankfully. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Be careful...as I'm sure u know, sudden stoppage is very dangerous on benzos.

Also Bluesteyes - what is that drug used for? Is it a blood pressure med? I'll have to research it. I have to be careful cause of my drug tests at the pain clinic

It lowers your blood pressure. Generally when you are kicking hard, your blood pressure rises. You get shaky, nervous, sweaty and very agitated. Clonidine helps with these symptoms. It is still one of the most commonly used drugs in detox clinics. It also helps you sleep and stay asleep. I have used it as a sleeping agent occasionally on its own. You have to be careful about the dosing, however. Follow doctor's orders.