• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone w/ds suck ?

I am really struggling with this too. It led to heroin several times, and going back to oxy was rough. In in severe withdrawal at the moment, another sleepless night. At least I have some speed to distract myself and maybe watch a movie, listen to music... I'm just waiting for my next fix. Percocet isn't good enough anymore. I can't feel the stuff if I take 3 of them and I don't want to mess with my liver.

I'm worried about going back to heroin and hitting the needle for once. It's gotten that bad after so many years, I am 28 now and my chronic pain began at 22... fresh out of university, ready to ruin my engineering career with a random fucking back injury.

I bet you don't know what to say to your doctor either... everything alright? There's way too much hysteria and stigma, your running out early has to be kept secret. Which is fucked in my opinion, they cut people off the meds without a second thought.

I see my doc for around 2 minutes every 3 months and this agony in my spine is ruining my life.

Never heard of embeda. I'm lucky enough (I guess) to have absurd amounts of benzos and took 6mg clonazepam earlier and 10mg xanax. I only really abuse those when I run out of painkillers or get low on them. I have muscle relaxers too but don't really use them anymore. I'm a trainwreck.
taking speed during wd would make it much worse. speed alone is harsh enought, but in wd would ne horrid

here's a copy (I think it's ok for me to paste this here since I'm not naming a website) of some types and their description

I had to edit out all URLs linking to the vendor, please do it yourself next time

Hello all. I'm new to this. I've been doing so much research on so many different ways to get through opiate withdrawal. A friend of mine told me to take gabapentin over a course of 3 to 4 days and that I should be good after that. My concern is, will I then withdraw from the gabapentin having only been taking it for 4 days? I hate this and I don't want to do this anymore. Thank you for your time.

If you hate this and don't want to do it anymore why not withdraw all the way through with no comfort meds. That way you will have a much easier time remembering why you don't want to use anymore.

If you could make withdrawals easy would you still want to quit?

Yes. I would still want to quit. I just have to figure out how to do this around working as well. That's why I asked about the gabapentin. I work in a restaurant. I have started a taper. Thank you for your reply.

Yes. I would still want to quit. I just have to figure out how to do this around working as well. That's why I asked about the gabapentin. I work in a restaurant. I have started a taper. Thank you for your reply.

What are you taking and how much of it do you take on a daily basis. Getting through the acute withdrawals are pretty easy. It's after that which proves more difficult to me.

Here is my reply in the opiod withdrawal megathread.....

Basically day 3 of a cold turkey from 120mg oxy a day. So far no physical withdrawals and the only real mental issues are cravings when I'm not busy.

My morning cocktail
4mg loperamide
4 teaspoons of meang da kratom
800mg ibuprofen
Redbull

I will take 4 more teaspoons of kratom in a couple hours and 2-4mg of loperamide tonight about 8pm.

Good luck to all the folks dealing with this self inflicted/ semi-self inflicted hell. Hope you all are able to find a way to cope through the withdrawals and maybe even find the strength to walk away from this super pain in the ass addiction.

Also for sleep I either take .5 Xanax or NyQuil

What are you taking and how much of it do you take on a daily basis. Getting through the acute withdrawals are pretty easy. It's after that which proves more difficult to me.

Here is my reply in the opiod withdrawal megathread.....

Basically day 3 of a cold turkey from 120mg oxy a day. So far no physical withdrawals and the only real mental issues are cravings when I'm not busy.

My morning cocktail
4mg loperamide
4 teaspoons of meang da kratom
800mg ibuprofen
Redbull

I will take 4 more teaspoons of kratom in a couple hours and 2-4mg of loperamide tonight about 8pm.

Good luck to all the folks dealing with this self inflicted/ semi-self inflicted hell. Hope you all are able to find a way to cope through the withdrawals and maybe even find the strength to walk away from this super pain in the ass addiction.

Also for sleep I either take .5 Xanax or NyQuil

I was taking no more than 90mg a day. I kmow it's not much but I'm a small person. Over the course of a week, I have managed to cut it down to 60mg for the past 3 or 4 days. So far today I've only taken 30mg. A friend of mine told me that if I take a gabapentin in the morning with half of a perc 5, I'll be good all day with no withdrawal really and then after 3 or 4 days if I stop the gabapentin I should be good. I'm praying he is right.

How long have you been on the oxy? Is this your first time to withdraw?

How long have you been on the oxy? Is this your first time to withdraw?

Ive been taking them for about 2 years now. I've gone through withdraw once before but it was from tramadol and I didn't even know what I was going through. I was much better after like 4 or 5 days.

Ive been taking them for about 2 years now. I've gone through withdraw once before but it was from tramadol and I didn't even know what I was going through. I was much better after like 4 or 5 days.

I'm jus wondering if I'm going to withdraw from gabapentin if I only take it for 4 or 5 days.

I've been on neurontin for a week... now while the worst of my w/ds had passed I believe my taking 300mg 3x a day has really helped. I usually run through my pill script in two weeks do when I get them this Thurs... in about 2 weeks I'll be going through it again and I'll use the neurontin and report back. Lots of people say it's helpful. I'm starting to agree.
And I agree with gmlifer- I can't imagine you'd go into w/ds from 4-5 days unless you are taking crazy doses... which you shouldn't do anyway since I believe this med reduces your seizure threshold. Most say 1200mg a day works...

I've been on neurontin for a week... now while the worst of my w/ds had passed I believe my taking 300mg 3x a day has really helped. I usually run through my pill script in two weeks do when I get them this Thurs... in about 2 weeks I'll be going through it again and I'll use the neurontin and report back. Lots of people say it's helpful. I'm starting to agree.
And I agree with gmlifer- I can't imagine you'd go into w/ds from 4-5 days unless you are taking crazy doses... which you shouldn't do anyway since I believe this med reduces your seizure threshold. Most say 1200mg a day works...

Yesterday I took 400mg of gabapentin and I was good all day. Today I only took one so far.

That's great! Try not to take too many and up your tolerance etc... but it sounds like you have it covered. Glad it's helping!! Withdrawal sucks big time. I always run out of my script 2 weeks early. Hopefully I can stretch out my usage a bit when I get my script next . I hate going through this every two weeks. Sounds crazy I know. But obviously you know too...

i hope you stick with quitting pills. It's such an awful existence sometimes. If you slip up, try again. You can truly get them out of your life and it sounds like you're ready. There's lots of support and info on this board so if you feel like using, post and people will try to help you. :)
If you start with bad cravings you could try kratom. That helps too.

Last edited:
This thread is breaking my heart. I too am in severe chronic pain. Sigh. Everything you guys said..... Everything. I'm so sorry. Sending you all so much love.
Peace. Xo

That's great! Try not to take too many and up your tolerance etc... but it sounds like you have it covered. Glad it's helping!! Withdrawal sucks big time. I always run out of my script 2 weeks early. Hopefully I can stretch out my usage a bit when I get my script next . I hate going through this every two weeks. Sounds crazy I know. But obviously you know too...

i hope you stick with quitting pills. It's such an awful existence sometimes. If you slip up, try again. You can truly get them out of your life and it sounds like you're ready. There's lots of support and info on this board so if you feel like using, post and people will try to help you. :)
If you start with bad cravings you could try kratom. That helps too.

Thank you. I didn't get the gabapentin from a doc. I got it from a friend. What is kratom?

Thank your so much! It's amazing how people that don't know me are so willing to help and give advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Thank you. I didn't get the gabapentin from a doc. I got it from a friend. What is kratom?

Hi lilbit0902! How's it going? You still trying to stop opioids? I know it's so hard. I wish you lots of luck! :)

So kratom is a plant that (I believe this is correct but check out the other threads on it for more accurate info) whose leaves are ground up into a powder and can be purchased as a pill, a drink or as the powder... usually at a smoke shop or online. It depends where you live... I'm in a big city and can find it at several shops near me. The plant works on the same receptors in the brain as opioids so it's VERY helpful for withdrawal. It's like a miracle. Seriously, do a search on bluelight for Kratom and read about it. It's really interesting and if you can find some, you'll feel a lot better going through withdrawals. If you're quitting pills, you should get some if you can. It'll make it so much easier. Just be careful with your dosing... cause it can be habit forming and if you take too much you can get a bad headache or nauseous. I think earlier in my thread I posted a chart of the different types and the dosing. But that info is also available on this site.
Hope this is helpful!!

Thank your so much! It's amazing how people that don't know me are so willing to help and give advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Of course! I find people on this site are so helpful and kind... when I was withdrawing a few weeks ago and started this thread, I was so depressed and anxious and so many people reached out to me. It helped me feel not so alone. In some ways, we are all suffering from the same things, one way or another... so we can and should try to help each other when we can. :)

This thread is breaking my heart. I too am in severe chronic pain. Sigh. Everything you guys said..... Everything. I'm so sorry. Sending you all so much love.
Peace. Xo

aw I'm so sorry ABetterWay. :(

i think a lot of us who abuse our pain meds (I'm assuming you're in the same boat?) are also in chronic pain. I sure am... and opioids are the only things that help me... but I can no longer take them as directed. I've been abusing them for years and years. I run out every 2 weeks and then suffer and then get them again. One day I'll quit, but I'm not ready yet. It's such a bad situation to need the meds that you also abuse.
I love this board cause people here in general are extremely kind and knowledgeable... I was so depressed when I originally wrote this thread and the board made me feel less alone.... less like a fuck up who lets herself go into withdrawal every two weeks.
Sending good vibes out to you and everyone who is struggling